Steve Moore

bg.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things.....has Bertuzzi given any sort of statement yet? I'd be curious to hear what that POS has to say for himself. Second, I'd like to hear what Grant Marshall has to say about Moore's injury. If I remember correctly, Marshall came back from the same sort of injury (broken neck) although the cause was not quite the same.

Has anybody found a link of the actual incident that works yet? If so could you please post it.

Second, in my opinion the NHL has to step up here and create some new guidelines. I am tired of the NHL "reviewing " game misconducts etc. If you get a game misconduct due to INTENT TO INJURE, it is 20 games from now on PERIOD end of story. I dont care what the reasons are or the circumstances. Again I will say it IF YOU INTENTIONALLY TRY TO INJURE SOMEONE, AND RECEIVE A GAME MISCONDUCT DUE TO THE PLAY THEN YOU SHOULD BE GOME 20 GAMES WITHOUT PAY!!! The NHL wont do that but they should, then maybe you would have jackasses thinking twice before doing something stupid. If you want to fight someone or hit someone hard fine I am all for physical play. but this is ridiculous.

I am also reading about why the whole thing happened. Can anybody please tell me was the hit by Moore on Naslund a clean hit and Naslund just got hurt?? Or was Moores hit on Naslund dirty as well?? I am just curious. Either way it doesnt justify this kind of reaction!!!

I just saw it on ESPN. Disgusting. Reprehensible, inexcusable. Moore's head slammed the ice because Bertuzzi sucker punched him and then pushed him down. The Avs player that comes in later is well after the injury occurred.

Bertuzzi is done for the year, if not forever.

The NHL wont do that but they should, then maybe you would have jackasses thinking twice before doing something stupid.

Don't blame the NHL. Blame the NHLPA. And in that case, I somewhat feel Moore got what he deserves for signing his union papers....

I would think that the majority of players would WANT more suspensions without pay for violent acts. Apparently I'm wrong. :huh:

It's amazing how a player can cause serious bodily injury to another player and it's not etched in stone that they will face a long suspension. But if they smoke some weed or something they are banished. Maybe someone should stash some pot in Bertuzzi's locker. Sorry but the mindset that drugs are worse than violence makes me ill. :puke:

I feel so bad for Moore. He went out there to face the music for the hit on Naslund. I dont know I've got a soft spot for rookies. They're kids. They're learning. He played a good game under all that presure. And Bertuzzi took that all away from him. You earn your stripes in hockey, you know? It's a game of honor.

People are supposed to help. Trash talking and shadowing - that's not so much about revenge as it is teaching Moore how the game is played. If Moore withstands the punishment you don't shoot him anyway... Bertuzzi doesn't understand honor. Moore did. Its just upsetting. And upsetting that people on the outside won't understand - they'll just see the bad apple that is Bertuzzi and say it's hockey.

fact is, Moore shouldn't be out there facing the music halfway through the 3rd period in a lopsided game. Why did Granato have him on the ice?

Why not? Really??? Because hockey players can't be trusted? These are MEN playign a GAME. That's a BIG SACK OF CRAP ^7^! The kid earned the right to be out there to be frank he earned a handshake not a broken neck!

But the NHL brass are going to seriously overreact.

:angry: Yeah it's not like he KILLED him, only broke his neck in two spots. I hope those NHL bastards don't overreact?

PLEASE! Get a clue.

Bertuzzi woudn't play another second in the NHL if I were in charge. What he did was not only cowardly, but just down right shameful in all regards. Had he did this on the street he would already be in jail facing possible assault/manslaughter charges.

I had a friend who's brother was killed in a similar situation in a bar in South Jersey. He was talking to a girl at the bar and when he got up to go to the bathroom the girls ex-boyfriend did the same exact thing to my buddy's brother.

My buddy's brother lasted 48 hours before he died.

Bertuzzi is scum!

And shame on you "7" for thinking the NHL is going to "over"react.

Bertuzzi should get slightly more (due to the overt premeditation) than Matt Johnson recieved (12 Games).

The suspension will probably be dictated by how hard the media comes down on the incident.

I just hope Bertuzzi gets what's coming to him. That was such a dirty, dirty hit. Vancouver cried and complained about Moore's hit... in which wasn't even dirty IMO... and then it comes down to this.

Regardless of how sorry Bertuzzi feels, personally, I'd love to see him kicked out of the league. There should be no place for a move like this... but after the broken neck, he has to get an entire year at least. That was just sick. The rookie made one "questionable" play on Naslund, taking him out for THREE games, and now it's gonna end up costing him a LOT (a year, two years, could not play again)... not to mention 3 entire weeks after the first hit had happened, and after the Avs already played Vancouver. Get over yourself Bertuzzi. You're Canadian scum.

Cheers,

- Roland

Edited by RolandNJD

OK guys. I just saw the replay. I sympathize with the injured party, but I've seen much worse than this. For example. Lindros, when he was with the Flyers, has done some questionable acts (recall Kasparits with Pitt) , of course we all remember McSorley incident, Tie Domi's hit on Nieds, etc...

Now I hope Mr. Moore recovers soon, but let's not over react. Of course, I may be an island and may be missing something. :noclue:

Get over yourself Bertuzzi. You're Canadian scum.

Whether he's Canadian or a Martian isn't the point. There are plenty of Scumbag people ANYWHERE you go.

The point is this Steve Moore might NOT even walk again let alone play in the NHL.

It's interesting because Bertuzzi is an NHL All-star. Will the league treat him any different than say a 4th liner like Moore? I think they will, which is just down right WRONG!

I missed watching the game and have seen the replay and was trying not to overreact and look at it objectively but just looking at the hit takes it out of context a little. ESPN did a good summary of the orginal hit by Moore, the fact that this was not the first game between the two teams after that, and then how the game last night was out of control - the multiple fights, the score, the taunting . . . all this considered to me this incident is unacceptable. There was build up to this . . and more people than Bertuzzi are to blame.