NHL suspends Bertuzzi through Stanley Cup Playoffs

brodeurfanatic

OLP you are 100% right I wanted Domi's head hangin on my mantle...and I'm sure Avs fanfeel the same right now, and I actully agree, that the domi incident is very similar, both threaten revenge and or violence,

what was DOmi's suspenion?? Like 10 games???

Bertuzzi could get 40 if the nucks play 4 7 game series, does not seem fair to me!!!!

To the difference is Domi is a THUG, BErtuzzi is not....

and I beleive this is a first time offense, that should come into play somewhere....

olp are you going tonight???

You're grasping at straws now. Bertuzzi's a hothead just as much as Domi. Just that Bertuzzi actually has some legit skill on top of it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OLP you are 100% right I wanted Domi's head hangin on my mantle...and I'm sure Avs fanfeel the same right now, and I actully agree, that the domi incident is very similar, both threaten revenge and or violence,

what was DOmi's suspenion?? Like 10 games???

Bertuzzi could get 40 if the nucks play 4 7 game series, does not seem fair to me!!!!

To the difference is Domi is a THUG, BErtuzzi is not....

and I beleive this is a first time offense, that should come into play somewhere....

olp are you going tonight???

Domi's suspension was similar in a way: He was supposed to be suspended for the remainder of the playoffs - he just got lucky because Toronto was ousted the same round. Playoffs could mean as little as 5 games though too, Red. You are just looking at it from the perspective of the most number of games he could miss.

Domi is a thug. Bertuzzi is just a thug with skill. Both are equally stupid. Both are pretty good at feeling sorry for themselves after the verdict. And as someone already stated, this is not Bertuzzi's first offense - just his dumbest to date.

All this talk about manhood and honor from Bertuzzi over the past weeks and he resorts to acting like a 7 year old bully on the playground. A sucker punch is a sucker punch - doesn't matter what sparks it, it's low just the same. Just the way I see it anyway.

And no, I'm not going to be there tonight.

I think it's sad that these type of sick events tarnish what is a great game. But that's exactly what happens when somebody does something moronic without thinking. Now, the NHL is front and center for all the wrong reasons. They say they want respect as a league. Well, incidents like the Bertuzzi one have to stop. These guys are probably the most well spoken athletes in sports. Then they sometimes go out and lose their heads making the league look worse in the process.

It has to stop. These guys have to think before their actions.

All that being said, the NHL finally got one right. It's just too bad another ugly incident has to overshadow a great game.

I think it's sad that these type of sick events tarnish what is a great game. But that's exactly what happens when somebody does something moronic without thinking. Now, the NHL is front and center for all the wrong reasons. They say they want respect as a league. Well, incidents like the Bertuzzi one have to stop. These guys are probably the most well spoken athletes in sports. Then they sometimes go out and lose their heads making the league look worse in the process.

It has to stop. These guys have to think before their actions.

All that being said, the NHL finally got one right. It's just too bad another ugly incident has to overshadow a great game.

While I do agree Derek21 that NHL players are well spoken and overall 'nicer' then the other sports as a whole, in todays sports medis (ESPN being front and center) nice things WILL NOT get the attention of a network as eveil as they are....

NHL needs:

1. More Rodman-type players

2. Sprinkle in a Ray-Lewis type story

3. Players need to make Rap, R&B CD's and enteroragues for players

4. More trash talking by all players

Do all these things NHL, and you will be the twinkle in Dan Patrick's eye!!!

What a joke

As pathetic as that sounds Clown, it's sad but true. And I hate to think Dan Patrick can be associated with the evil that is ESPN. That's because Dan Patrick is class. There are a few of them (ex. Buccigross).

As pathetic as that sounds Clown, it's sad but true. And I hate to think Dan Patrick can be associated with the evil that is ESPN. That's because Dan Patrick is class. There are a few of them (ex. Buccigross).

Very true...Im not implying all of the people on ESPN are clowns...just a vast majority of them

E$PN: Where Bad Is Better

How do you know for a fact that Bertuzzi fell on Moore out of his own will?

He didn't let go, he kept his arm there and his weight rammed Moore into the ice.

To me if you look at Bertuzzi's left arm (he punched Moore with the right arm) he was HAULING Moore down to the ice (NO QUESTION, IMO) AND trying to punch him even more when he was on the ice but fortunately other players like Nikolishin interceded before he could.

This guy deserves what he gets, period. JD just said on ESPN even if Vancouver somehow wins the Cup without him he won't get his name on the Cup. I guess suspended players aren't allowed on the Cup? (I didn't hear the reasoning why)

This was a good judgement. I was hoping he would be ousted for whatever might be played for the playoffs. Might be good for him to sit out a few next year, too. Nice teary-eyed conference. I don't think it was his intent to break Moore's neck or cause extensive injury. It was his intent to hurt him somehow and instead of taking off the gloves he cowardly grabbed him, sucker punched him and then put his weight on him as he fell. Neglect for his actions, cause and effect.

Noop. There are lots of ways to qualify for getting your name on the cup. One of them is "play 41 games during the regular season".

Ftorek is engraved for 2000.

Oh, I didn't know Ftorek played 41 games that year B)

Good for JD ripping the critics on SC earlier last night. He made a comment that those people have no right to say anything when they can't tell the difference between a baseball and a puck! Way to tell'em JD!