Moose re-signs

Z-Man

1 Year deal I trust Lou to make the cap work and I never thought there was much to do for the Devils in this off season anyway. Just hope the rookies make the leap and grow like they should and we should be fine. Oh and get Parise signed in a nice tight little ball

Edited by roomtemp

So much for trying to get the youth movement into the goaltending situation. I would have liked to see Keith Kinkade back up Brodeur this season and learn from Brodeur. Guess the goaltending youth movement will have to wait another season. I hope Hedberg plays as well as he did last season this season when called upon.

So much for trying to get the youth movement into the goaltending situation. I would have liked to see Keith Kinkade back up Brodeur this season and learn from Brodeur. Guess the goaltending youth movement will have to wait another season. I hope Hedberg plays as well as he did last season this season when called upon.

Do you understand how silly it would be to have somebody jump from being a college goalie to an NHL backup? He needs to get playing time and learn how to be a pro. The best place to do that is in Albany, not the bench at the Rock.

Yeah. Throwing a goalie into the fire and hoping for the best works great. Ask Dan Blackburn.

Yeah. Throwing a goalie into the fire and hoping for the best works great. Ask Dan Blackburn.

Capitals did it with Varlarmov. Holtby and Niuevirth. All three are young good goalies who were getting time played in the NHL. Sooner or later it has to happen with the Devils here with Kinkade, Wedgewood and Clermont. But like Lou said here in a staement that none of them are ready yet. Next season one of these goalies have to start getting in some NHL games to see who will be the Devils future. I am hoping it is Scott Wedgewood.

Hedberg also fills the backup role for another year while young goaltenders such as Keith Kinkaid, Jeff Frazee, Scott Wedgewood and Maxim Clermont develop.

“We’ve got some good young goaltenders, but they’re not ready, yet,” Lamoriello said.

Edited by SatansDevils

Capitals did it with Varlarmov. Holtby and Niuevirth. All three are young good goalies who were getting time played in the NHL. Sooner or later it has to happen with the Devils here with Kinkade, Wedgewood and Clermont. But like Lou said here in a staement that none of them are ready yet. Next season one of these goalies have to start getting in some NHL games to see who will be the Devils future. I am hoping it is Scott Wedgewood.

No, they started in the AHL. You can't take an undrafted kid out of college and throw him behind Martin Brodeur and say "good luck".