GDT: New York Islanders @ Albany errr New Jersey Devils.

Coorslight

Who will win.  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Jersey Devils.
    • New York Islanders
    • Jersey Shore Invaders.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a foo fighters song. The lyrics are something about finding your way again or something. I'm gonna guess (hope) they'll debut a better song and video at the opener.

Lame. I really wish this franchise would embrace the fact we're called the Devils and give the opening a bit more intimidation. But, beggars cant be choosers I guess, so Im glad its not that rise garbage again.

Think I've decided my old Devils snapback hat is going to be my new lucky Devils hat for this season. I think I got it around 1995 / 1996. Every time I've worn it during the preseason the Devils have won.

My mitchell and ness flat-brim needs a wash or something, thing has been nothing but rotten luck since I got it. Arrived during the Flyers series two year ago, and we all know how last season went. Talk about a jinxed article of clothing.

Stralman just made it obvious why he won't make the team. That was absolutely awful.

That play was absolutely horrendous. I would say he gave up, but he never even tried. He just let the guy skate right by him.

From watching the game in person tonight, I was pretty impressed with Corrente. Sharp passing, good position, kept getting his stick on the puck, even had a nice shot on goal from the point if I remember correctly. And he had an exciting scrap. I definitely wasn't expecting him to look like the best defenseman out there tonight but in my opinion he was, even if it was against a weaker than usual Isles. Harrold looked surprisingly good as well. Meanwhile, the Stralman/Urbom combo was pretty tough to watch at times and almost gave away goals on multiple occasions. Most surprising moment of the game for me was Zharkov laying out a monster hit in front of the net. I didn't think he had that in him haha.

Edited by PWW

I didn't see this hideous Stralman play everyone's talking about but it sounds like he was being run into the ground as either a sacrificial lamb or because they really wanted to give him as much of a look as possible, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was dog tired as opposed to giving up :lol:

i think DeBoer saw a bit of the "identity" he wanted tnight, the guys brought a great energy and its great to get a win (that i was absolutely not expecting lol)

Henrique almost scored another ridiculous backhand shot after a few nice dekes, he's gonna be real good. And Zharkov was on fire, just too bad he's having such a hard time to get goals

And Zharkov was on fire, just too bad he's having such a hard time to get goals

After 80 or so games of seeing that though, you sort of come to epxect it. Zharkov's the little engine that couldn't. He'll get great chances and not convert.

He probably has to make the team and play anyway, he's a good PK'er and we have very few of those. Fewer still if you don't want to run your star wingers or 35-year old center into the ground by December.

I didn't see this hideous Stralman play everyone's talking about but it sounds like he was being run into the ground as either a sacrificial lamb or because they really wanted to give him as much of a look as possible, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was dog tired as opposed to giving up :lol:

He was as gassed as I've seen a player in a long time... maybe going back to our short bench game against the Pens at the beginning of last season. He skated alot and ate 25 minutes after playing a bunch yesterday.

Goes to the question you said, are they giving him an honest look or did they just fodder him?

And Urbom played well, especially in the 3rd. It's a tie game if not for him. I won't dog anyone for anything that happened in the 2nd period, the game entirely fell apart and looked like open hockey at your local rink. As to be expected sometimes in a B- team preseason game.