Palmieri? .. meh

Aznjsn

Been wanting to discuss this kid, as he apparently doesn't have luck nor skill to be on this team right now. He leads the team in plus/minus with -6 (tied with A-train) and every time I see him on the ice he seems lost. Granted last year, he was a somewhat a "shining star" under the Maclean reign, but that's not saying much.

I think we need to bench him or send him to the minors to wake him up and work on his hockey skills. He's too pressured right now playing with high caliber players and can't seem to stay on his feet OR find the back of the net. Aside from being a big kid and able to work the boards well, he can't seem to score or make good passes CONSISTENTLY. He's had a couple good scoring chances and got robbed a couple times point blank, but still he is definitely NOT a first or second liner. What's the deal?

Edited by Aznjsn

i dont know i never really saw anything much in that kid... i mean most of his goals that i can remember were fluke rebound or he was getting hit by a shot from kovy and it was deflecting in the net or something like that...

so to me he's just not getting the luck he was getting last year

It's only a matter of time before Palmieri starts finding the back of the net. The Devils don't really have the luxury of being able to send him down, because they don't have any forwards to call up who are going to be better.

that may be true but is putting him on the 1st line, or with our most talented players, the best idea?

that may be true but is putting him on the 1st line, or with our most talented players, the best idea?

No, but the Devils haven't done that. Right now he's on the Parise-Henrique line. Who else are you going to put there?

Clarkson? Well, he was tried there, and it wasn't really working out.

Tedenby? He makes a nice play just about every game, but he can't seem to generate many shots. Has 1 goal in his last 39 games.

Zharkov? I don't think so.

There aren't many options, right now Nick is, fortunately or unfortunately, probably the best one.

Lets not forget that he's only played in about 65 NHL games, still a youngster

hopefully he's hitting the weight room and loading up on protein, needs to start throwing his frame around zubrus style. not a bad skater for his size. one thing he needs to work on is getting in front of the net and shooting at the upper corners

assuming he plays, i think they're going to go parise-henrique-kovalchuk and palmieri will head down to the 4th line

parise-henrique-kovalchuk

sykora-elias-zubrus

tedenby-carter-clarkson

zharkov-mills-palmieri

at this point, i don't see how it would work out any other way. i mean, i guess if they want to demote tedenby instead, they could do that and put kovalchuk w/ carter and clarkson so palmieri can move up but i don't think that's happening. perhaps palmieri will see time immediately after a PP with a jumbled line that doesn't have kovalchuk or clarkson based on if they were just out there.

assuming he plays, i think they're going to go parise-henrique-kovalchuk and palmieri will head down to the 4th line

parise-henrique-kovalchuk

sykora-elias-zubrus

tedenby-carter-clarkson

zharkov-mills-palmieri

at this point, i don't see how it would work out any other way. i mean, i guess if they want to demote tedenby instead, they could do that and put kovalchuk w/ carter and clarkson so palmieri can move up but i don't think that's happening. perhaps palmieri will see time immediately after a PP with a jumbled line that doesn't have kovalchuk or clarkson based on if they were just out there.

didnt we already try that? Didnt Parise and Kovy together look frustrating?

actually, with henrique in the middle, they didn't look bad in the flyers game if i remember correctly and scored some goals. that was the game kovy got hurt at the end.

alright alright i guess we really dont have much else so whatever. I just wish these lines would blend together alreadyyyyyy :angry:

when everyone come back and that we have an healthy team i really dont see where Palmieri would fit other than on the 4th line.

personally i wouldnt split up the sykora-elias-zubrus line, then i'd try Henrique on the RW with Zach and Travis then get back Josefson with Kovy

Parise - Zajac - Henrique

Kovalchuk - Josefson - Clarkson

Sykora - Elias - Zubrus

Tedenby - Carter - Zharkov/Palmieri

there's still stuff that i dont like about those lines... Clarkson on a line with josefson and Kovalchuk is not too great i like him with Tedenby but theres no room for the 2 on any line without splitting whats working already. i feel bad for Teddy cause i'd like to see him playing more than 4th line minutes but thats it for now.

i really like Carter, great pickup by Deboer and i hope Zharkov can stay here, he may not get lots of goals... but still way more chances than any of our fighters.

sundstrom: Palmieri-Carter-Clarkson was a line for 2 games, including that game in Philly where the Flyers really had no answer for them. I could see DeBoer going back to that.

I'm fine with him on the 4th line like this, but getting 1st or 2nd line TOI... he's more detrimental to the players around him.

sundstrom: Palmieri-Carter-Clarkson was a line for 2 games, including that game in Philly where the Flyers really had no answer for them. I could see DeBoer going back to that.

That leaves a 4th line with Tedenby-Mills-Zharkov....pretty fast line I would guess....nobody would take shots though.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Depending on the game. I doubt I stick an enforcer in the lineup against Montreal. Clarkson, Carter or Mills can handle Moen.

I think Palms had some pretty good chances the last few games..Hopefully his confidence grows. When everyone healthy, I would like to see:

Parise Zajac Tedenby (Zach and Travis can make up for teddy's D)

Sykora Elias Zubrus (Don't fix what's not broken)

Kovy Henrique Palms (Possibly swap Palms out, since him and Kovy always run into each other)

Carter Josefson Clarkson