Attendance- 10,328

'7'

The correct number for MSG is 18,200. They did not sellout for the Coyotes game.

Back to the original topic. Obviously, the announced attendance is not too good but it's down in a lot of other places.

Also, what was the point of this thread :P ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what was the point of this thread :P ?

The point is bitter Rags fans, who point out the obvious in that the Devils attendance is less than what fans/management want. This is all the Rags fans have to hang onto because for 10 years now the Devs have outperformed them in all but one or two seasons. Oh and that 3x 'Matteau' thing, and the Potvin Sucks thing. No imagination.

My Rags friend goes to 90% of their games and says "fans" boo, chant "refund" & leave after the second period.

I'm a NYer who roots for Devils because it is a better product. Some fans just love everything & anything "New York" regardless of the quality.

Same reason why Cubs outsell Whitesox in Chitown - when they haven't won in 99 years - some people just love rooting for losers

I'm a NYer who roots for Devils because it is a better product. Some fans just love everything & anything "New York" regardless of the quality.

Same reason why Cubs outsell Whitesox in Chitown - when they haven't won in 99 years - some people just love rooting for losers

There's a word for people like you.....FRONTRUNNER B)

the Devils actually drew pretty well from 96-99.

i think you can blame the economy, the fact that this is the entertainment capital of the world with so much going on.

tv has gotten so big (dish network, etc.) that people are staying home.

and let's face it: the fan base is smaller than most other teams. detroit? they're not competing with anything else. every kid plays hockey up there anyway. colorado is the same way. philly is in a similar spot to the devils, but they've been around longer and have a fantastic fan base (that steals a lot of possible NJ fans)

and let's face it: the fan base is smaller than most other teams. detroit? they're not competing with anything else. every kid plays hockey up there anyway. colorado is the same way. philly is in a similar spot to the devils, but they've been around longer and have a fantastic fan base (that steals a lot of possible NJ fans)

:puke: thats why south jersey isnt even jersey in my eyes :puke:

:puke: thats why south jersey isnt even jersey in my eyes :puke:

watch it, I was born and raised in South Jersey. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

....It's not like the Devils only got 10,328 for the Rags or Flyers..or even Maple Leafs for that matter. If the Devils had figures like that against one of those teams (on a Tuesday night, mind you) then there would be MUCH reason to worry. Right now? Who gives a rat's ass? The attendance sucks...okay...but that's always been something that Rags/Flyers fans are supposed to make fun of us about...not our own fans.

Now this is something that worries me -

According to the Newark Star Ledger:

With home attendance down, the Devils have gone overboard in trying to create a circus atmosphere in a partially full arena. In addition to uncomfortably loud music, several promotions were held while fans weren't told who had scored goals. Even worse, T-shirts continued to be shot into the crowd while play was going on.

http://www.njo.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf...90332238090.xml

The point is bitter Rags fans, who point out the obvious in that the Devils attendance is less than what fans/management want. This is all the Rags fans have to hang onto because for 10 years now the Devs have outperformed them in all but one or two seasons. Oh and that 3x 'Matteau' thing, and the Potvin Sucks thing. No imagination.

My Rags friend goes to 90% of their games and says "fans" boo, chant "refund" & leave after the second period.

I'm a NYer who roots for Devils because it is a better product.

Don't take this personally. I think you need a better reading comprehension because the original thread was about your team's lack of attendance last night.

I have to agree with the circus atmosphere crap. :angry: The music is too loud, but to their credit it is a bit better this year. (No sign of Shrek yet thank goodness). There's a contest & giveaway everytime you take a breath (well, it seems like it anyway). The dancers are stupid, but I must admit they haven't been seen for the past two games. The tshirt shooting while game is in play is downright annoying. Oh, and a note on yesterday in particular, they should ban people from bringing in any type of stupid noise makers like HORNS. I give Zam & Dew full credit for not taking the horns from those two idiotic teens behind them and shoving them, well, never mind where. :angry:

How many people can afford to spend what tickets cost in these trying times?

My food budget is in the crapper because I'm scrimping and saving so I can go to NJ twice this year.

Doesn't mean I'm not one of the biggest Devils fans going. And it's too bad the players don't know that and probably think we suck.

....It's not like the Devils only got 10,328 for the Rags or Flyers..or even Maple Leafs for that matter. If the Devils had figures like that against one of those teams (on a Tuesday night, mind you) then there would be MUCH reason to worry. Right now? Who gives a rat's ass?

I don't know, I am not about to complain about the attendance for this one game given the fact that it was on a TUESDAY night. In general, mid week-day games do not generate the sort of crowds that weekend ones do. If they drew 11,000 or less vs. the Canes on a SATURDAY, though, it would be worrisome.

Is everyone sure that corporate season ticket % for the Ranger$ is accurate, because I could have sworn it used to be like 80% years ago!!! It dropped by 40% in the past 5-10 years?

I didn't know 80% of the seats were corporate. Where did you get your facts from? :uni:

I didn't know 80% of the seats were corporate. Where did you get your facts from? :uni:

Someone told me, who'd been reading the % of corporate tickets for each NHL team. The Whalers had the highest % of NON corp tix in the league, or something. Of course this had to have been in the mid 90s or so, which is why I asked if the % could change that drastically from then to now.

I can't verify what was told to me but that individual had supposedly seen the statistics in some article.

I can't verify what was told to me but that individual had supposedly seen the statistics in some article.

That seems way too high. Think about it. There are 18,200 seats at MSG for Ranger games. You mean to tell me 14,560 consist of corporate seats?

Sorry but that is crazy. Most of the corporate seats are in the 100's where Linda and M. sat along with PK for that preseason game near the glass. And those seats cost a lot of serious $$$. It includes Club service. You can order food and have them serve it to you. I did that once. It was pretty cool but the game I took my brother to sucked :P . They lost to Montreal by the score I predicted too. But nice seats.

That is very high. 40% seems more reasonable. Duguay 10 seems pretty familiar with MSG and he said most of the suits are in 100. No reason not to believe him. (Besides the obvious one that is)

I would think they'd have to have the highest percentage simply because of their location. The team has nothing to do with it. For example, I've been to some games in boxes in Philly a few times (for work) and most of the people in the good seats (VIP Boxes and Club Box Seats) really don't give a flying patooti about the game. They're eating food, drinking, getting to know their clients a little better etc. You can't do that stuff if you're trying to watch a hockey game LOL

I can opnly assume that MSG is worse given the proximity to midtown office buildings