So relaxed!

centralnj

I actually think I'd be more relaxed for a game 7 vs the kings than ANY of these past Ranger games.

Glad we have two more days to bask in the glory a bit...

Game 6 up or down 3-2, maybe...but not Game 7, especially when I'd be in the building for that game, hopefully not with the flu this time around like in 2003 :P

Relaxed wouldn't be the word anyway, not stressed...but it would be highly emotional.

I just hope the team doesn't subconsciously let down after the emotionally draining win over the Rangers. You see

it happen all the time.

DeBoer does an excellent job of getting them focused and ready to play, so I'm not too worried. I'm going to enjoy the

next two days, then gear up for Game 1.

I actually pulled a muscle in my side when I jumped off the couch after Henrique's goal!

Not in the Stanley Cup Finals, this ain't the second round against Carolina. And not with this team and coach. We may lose, the Kings are damn good...but there'll be no letdown. I'm more confident in that than I've been in anything the first three rounds.

I was extremely confident in the devils after game 4 of the last series. THey arent doing the normal crap they do. They still have their second period collapses here and there, give up leads but when it came down to it, i just felt the rangers would tire out and the devils would finish. Obvioulsy a different story with the kings who are 12-2 in the playoffs. went ot my moms to get a copy of the sports section (I get the daily news which hates the devils) and saw two of the three teams the devils beat in the stanley cup had the same record when they played. That was kinda reassuring but not valid cause ranger fans were thinking the series would go like 94. the devils beating the kings twice doesnt make me confident cause one game was wiht back up goalies and the other was a shootout after marty got hurt. My wifes father who watches hockey non stop and never sleeps said during the Devil/ranger series that whoever wins will get the cup cause they dont forecheck anywhere near they do in the east. hope hes right. enjoying this time though. so many times in the playoffs i thought the devils were done but now i have confidence in them, and i can tell they have it too. hopefully it keeps going. Also enjoying getting revenge on my loud mouth ranger fan freinds . One who is from NY (so i give him credit for not being a young ranger fan living in NJ) texted me wehn the rangers won agianst Washington "now you'll see what happens when a real team plays the Devils". I recently printed his buisness cards and wrote that quote on his buisness card box, along wihta picture of him in a lundquist jersey and Burger king hat, emphising my freinds big nose and posted it on face book, tagging him and saying his buisness cards are ready. So much fun. I got back from a wedding game 6 and missed it but saw updates on a smart phone. Bumped into a ranger fan freind of mine. he made it sound like lundquist was just hanging on the goal net and henrique was just hanging out behind the net. saw replay, didnt happen that way. So a good time now.

I know I'm probably an awful fan for feeling this, but it almost seems like winning the finals is more like icing on the cake than the actual goal. Maybe it was the way the last series ended, OT and all, or because we weren't expected to do much in these playoffs, but I just can't help having that feeling like after your team wins the championship. This feeling will probably, change come 8:00 Wednesday, but it still just feels wrong.

Random thoughts while playing NHL12 tonight:

When the NHL13 demo is released late this summer, the Devils will be a playable team.

#StanleyCupFinalistFringeBenefits

Watch them change it this year and it be the Rags/Flyers Winter Classic lol

I know I'm probably an awful fan for feeling this, but it almost seems like winning the finals is more like icing on the cake than the actual goal. Maybe it was the way the last series ended, OT and all, or because we weren't expected to do much in these playoffs, but I just can't help having that feeling like after your team wins the championship. This feeling will probably, change come 8:00 Wednesday, but it still just feels wrong.

I feel the same way. I obviously want to win the Cup, but just getting here feels huge. I think its because of who went through though. Had we gone through Florida - Washington - Toronto, or something like that, I don't think I'd feel this way. The fact we beat rivals is very big.

We gotta finish the job though. That 4th Cup is overdue. Yes, still bitter about 01.

Edited by ghdi

When the NHL13 demo is released late this summer, the Devils will be a playable team.

I wish they didn't do the cover vote this year and we might haven't gotten someone on the cover for our success.......scratch that, it would have never happened.

The more I look and compare both teams Im becoming more and more relaxed, somehow everyone except for us has LA as the favorite, which frankly is a mystery to me. Comparing the players success this year man for man we have them beat except for goaltending, they are the worst team coming into the playoffs offensively but obviously have gotten onto a roll. Which is fine but any team can get on a hot streak, Edmonton did it only a few years back but ended up losing to the better team. I dont see how we are not overall the better team and yes were Hot too, we were hot coming into the playoffs 6-0 and just continued to roll.

yes Im relaxed because NJ is the better team and we have home ice advantage

I hope the team doesn't feel like that, because the Kings certainly won't have that attitude. Whoever wins this series will break the 1995 Devils' record of lowest seeded Cup Champion. (#5)

They wont. Its only me that feels that way

There is a NHL13 collectors edition this year also and one of the perks you get is a western champ pack (LA) and an eastern champ pack (NJD) for ultimate team mode. It will be so nice to get a bunch of devils players right from the get go when that game comes out haha