The Devils 1995 Cup

LizDevil30

My brother loves to annoy me with this story that the Devils took the Cup to the Howard Stern show and someone took a crap in it. :blink: Now I think it's ridiculous, esp since there were the Cup keepers in 1995. I told him, Howard was (before E) always about "theatre of the mind" and I don't care what he says or what "proof" (brother claims they showed the poop :puke: ) they showed, I will never believe it. I would have to have witnessed it for myself. Anyone hear/see this story?

Yes your brother is telling you false storys. The Devils would never let that happen and the guy that now follows the cup even with the players wouldnt let it happen either. Ever since the Rangers 94 team had it, they watch it more closely. HA! the Rangers disrespected the cup that bad! They destroyed it and it had to be majorly repaired. :puke: pathetic. not surprised it was the rangers. :P:lol:

I'll start off with saying I like Howard and his radio antics, but I was pissed that day. I hope it was just radio and that it didn't happen, but I'm not sure it didn't.

If I remember the keepers were seperated from the cup when Claude took it into the studio. From there Jackie the joke man took the cup into the men's room and did the deed. So was it theatre of the mind? I hope so, but listening to it that day, I'm not sure.

Well if you only recall it from the radio show, Rock, then I will continue to believe it was theatre of the mind. Howard could make it sound like sex acts were taking place in the studio back in the day. I dunno but I just find it hard to believe Lemeiux would allow the Cup to be disrespected like that and I would think the Devils would have been fined for such behavior. Sorry, I don't trust Howard & Co word on it. But if it was just on the radio, there could be no proof. I just wish I could put this story to rest, but he insists it's true. And will harass me with it for the rest of my life. :angry::rolleyes:

Well if you only recall it from the radio show, Rock, then I will continue to believe it was theatre of the mind. Howard could make it sound like sex acts were taking place in the studio back in the day. I dunno but I just find it hard to believe Lemeiux would allow the Cup to be disrespected like that and I would think the Devils would have been fined for such behavior. Sorry, I don't trust Howard & Co word on it. But if it was just on the radio, there could be no proof. I just wish I could put this story to rest, but he insists it's true. And will harass me with it for the rest of my life. :angry::rolleyes:

I forgot, the E! show did show footage of that episode. The cup did go into the men's room alone with Jackie. If I remember correctly it did show Gary blocking the cup keepers from entering.

Well I did a google search and found this. This is a line from a website about the Cup, facts about it and stories. It describing some weird things that the Cup has been through.

" A jokester on the Howard Stern show once pooped on him, he's been thrown into a canal, kidnapped and left for dead in the bottom of a swimming pool."

http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p142.htm

I also found a link to Stern's guest list in 1995 and on August 17th it says "Jackie "doodies" in the Stanley Cup"

http://www.animaux.net/stern/eshows95.html

Also on a Howard Stern Frequently Asked Questions Page, one of the questions asked about the regulars of the show. When talking about Jackie it said..."And, yes, Jackie did take a dump in the Stanley Cup."

http://scifi.squawk.com/howard.html#Jackie

Edited by devilsrule33

whoa ... there's no WAAY it happened. Claude wouldn't allow it...

Rock! Take it back! Say you're just stringing us along on Howard's sick prank! :o

Wish I could. As I said I was pissed when I heard it, when I saw it on E was pissed more. Hated Jackie even more since that incident.

Didn't Brylin say that wasn't the cup he put the baby in? I thought he said it was a replica made just for the commercials.

Yeah, I remember that. He said it was a fake Cup and that he wouldn't do that with the real Cup.

The whole Stern thing was a gag. I have it all on videotape. Jackie took the cup in the men's room and they put a chocolate bar in it a la Caddyshack.

No "doodie" was ever placed in the grail.

Now honestly, that makes the most sense. Thanks for the info. :evil:

Didn't Brylin say that wasn't the cup he put the baby in? I thought he said it was a replica made just for the commercials.

Yep. Same thing with Nieuwy & the "jello mold" after '99. It wasn't the real Cup. So many people were so upset that the Cup was used as a jello mold. :rolleyes:

they remove the bottom ring... tharts stupid... i never knew how it worked but i just assumed they did something removing the top.. so that seems no fair... everyone who won recently isa taken off?

i need to study more.. lol... i really had no idea how it worked!! And i certainly didnt think that was how it worked..seems unfair!

edit - i jsut saw it says moved not removed... so how does it work.. who acn explain to me?

Edited by langsgirl