NFL Week 1!!!

CRASHER

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You underestimate the overreaction from the sheep and vultures in the media, and the uncontrollable need for people to cover their own asses to protect their corporate interests.....today is not even CLOSE to being about "right or wrong" this is the worms scurrying to cover their asses....nothing more.....

Accurate assessment. The NFL is rotten to the core.

Ray Lewis went out of way to say that there was no comparison to the Ray Rice incident, and that he would reach out to Rice soon. Lewis is right about there being no comparison...no one wound up dead and no white suits stained with blood disappeared.

Watched ESPN for a while on my flight home from Miami, and it's about what you'd expect from the media...a LOT of criticism towards everyone involved, but also a lot of people trying to sound more profound and insightful than the next guy.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Ray Lewis went out of way to say that there was no comparison to the Ray Rice incident, and that he would reach out to Rice soon. Lewis is right about there being no comparison...no one wound up dead and no white suits stained with blood disappeared.

Watched ESPN for a while on my flight home from Miami, and it's about what you'd expect from the media...a LOT of criticism towards everyone involved, but also a lot of people trying to sound more profound and insightful than the next guy.

The whole thing is sad...I didn't watch the video, and I don't need to. Two people said what I was thinking better than I could have ever said it, so I'll repost it here.

/rant on

Honestly, WHAT THE fvck DIFFERENCE DOES TODAY'S TAPE MAKE????????? The first tape — the one that EVERYONE saw — HAD HIM DRAGGING A COMPLETELY UNCONSCIOUS WOMAN OUT OF AN ELEVATOR AFTER HE ADMITTED HE HIT HER!!!!!!!! Do we actually need to SEE him hit her? Isn't it enormously offensive enough JUST TO SEE THE RESULTS?

What kind of a fvcking mental midget do you have to be to somehow decide that just the limp body is sorta bad in a way, but the swing making the body limp somehow converts things into THIS MUST BE DEALT WITH IMMEDIATELY?

Oh yeah — the Roger Goodell sort of fvcking mental midget.

I don't care whether or not the NFL saw this tape. THE NFL DIDN'T NEED TO SEE THIS TAPE.

For fvck's sake, what have we fvcking come to as a society?

/rant off

and...

I love the phrase "new video evidence". Like Goodell thought she got knocked out by a really thoughtful greeting card.

The two game suspension was embarrassing. The quotes from Rice, Harbaugh and management were pathetic. The Ravens entire PR was sickening with the "wife apologizes for her doing that night" tweet. And the fans were sad to give him the standing ovation when he returned. But now because we have video of something we 100% knew he did, he needs to be released. Bull sh!t. Was there doubt from anyone of what happened in that elevator? No. Is there a good chance that everyone involved had already seen the video before hand. Probably.

Edited by devilsrule33

You underestimate the overreaction from the sheep and vultures in the media, and the uncontrollable need for people to cover their own asses to protect their corporate interests.....today is not even CLOSE to being about "right or wrong" this is the worms scurrying to cover their asses....nothing more.....

dr33's quotes and this pretty much sum it up. Too late for Goddell and the Ravens...without the video, Ray Rice is playing in Week 3. Now it's about damage control and protecting brands.

Giants could be first pick in the draft bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This may not be too far from the truth, they can die in a fire for all I care after they torpedoed my upset attempt in fantasy this week :P

If it wasn't for the Eagles I might think a team with a losing record could win the NFC East.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Difference between Peyton and Eli, Peyton makes receivers, Eli the oppisite, and going down hill real quick..

Total crap. The Giants thoroughly suck offensively. ZERO offensive line. ZERO run game. Little b!tch receiver Cruz playing like a pus pus not coming back to the ball.

Manta is right, Eli is taking a beating and it's sad. His top option is Larry god damn Donnel

Total crap. The Giants thoroughly suck offensively. ZERO offensive line. ZERO run game. Little b!tch receiver Cruz playing like a pus pus not coming back to the ball.

Manta is right, Eli is taking a beating and it's sad. His top option is Larry god damn Donnel

Oh please...people ***** about Tony Romo after a game like yesterday, Eli's been doing that **** the last two years.  I don't want to hear about the line when you keep forcing balls into triple coverage, or when you foolishly think your QB's your best player and go away from your running game.  He's been sacked twice, it's not like he's taking a David Carr beating.

Andrew Luck had no line last year, no running game, was throwing to a #3 WR (Hilton) and CFL guys the second half of last season and was just fine.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Oh please...people ***** about Tony Romo after a game like yesterday, Eli's been doing that **** the last two years.  I don't want to hear about the line when you keep forcing balls into triple coverage, or when you foolishly think your QB's your best player and go away from your running game.  He's been sacked twice, it's not like he's taking a David Carr beating.

Come on Has, they have no run game. Zero. ZIP! Haven't gotten more than three seconds to throw the whole game. The offensive line is putrid, can't establish a push for the run game or pass block for sh!t

Come on Has, they have no run game. Zero. ZIP! Haven't gotten more than three seconds to throw the whole game. The offensive line is putrid, can't establish a push for the run game or pass block for sh!t

Eli gets every excuse in the book...he's had 95 turnovers the last four years, come on now.  They weren't all bad lines and he's had good weapons most of the time there.  He's a bit Favre-ish in terms of trying to force everything, without the supersized ego.

Eli needs the team, you said it. Peyton doesn't. That's the difference.

Yeah Peyton went 10-6 with a BAD Colt team his last year there, proof being they were 2-14 without him the next year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Eli needs the team, you said it. Peyton doesn't. That's the difference.

Yes, Eli needed Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Mario Manningham, Bear Pascoe, Domenick Hixon, etc. much more than they needed him. Eli has gotten huge numbers out of these guys and without him they have done squat. 

You switch Peyton and Eli here and nothing changes.

Steve Smith got hurt, most of those other guys were role players and never put up 'big' numbers.  Plaxico was their big receiver in the first Super Bowl and they had Nicks/Cruz tearing up the league the second one.  Both have fallen apart since then but both fell apart along with Eli.

This NFC East is so bad any of the other three teams (non-Eagles) could finish last in almost any other division.

Edited by NJDevs4978