Devils re-assign Boucher; Albany Devils sign Mark Fraser

Triumph

Thought this was big enough to demand its own topic - Fraser played almost 100 games for NJ, he's not some total nobody.  Albany seems to have plenty of D bodies right now so it's unclear whether it's a favor to Fraser or the possible precursor to other moves.

TG suggests that Tootoo or Havlat (or both) will be ready to come back on Tuesday, hence the demotion of Boucher - I am curious what'll happen if it's only Tootoo.

Edited by Triumph

Thought this was big enough to demand its own topic - Fraser played almost 100 games for NJ, he's not some total nobody.  Albany seems to have plenty of D bodies right now so it's unclear whether it's a favor to Fraser or the possible precursor to other moves.

TG suggests that Tootoo or Havlat (or both) will be ready to come back on Tuesday, hence the demotion of Boucher - I am curious what'll happen if it's only Tootoo.

Deboer said as recently as this weekend that the 4th line was giving them nothing before, and now it's very good. It was a compliment to Josefson. I just can't see a way Tootoo gets back in. It wouldn't make any sense.

But you just can't rule it out...

Deboer said as recently as this weekend that the 4th line was giving them nothing before, and now it's very good. It was a compliment to Josefson. I just can't see a way Tootoo gets back in. It wouldn't make any sense.

But you just can't rule it out...

Josefson has been getting in game promotions to the top 9 while also getting a bump up in TOI - this includes nearly 2 minutes of PK time against Columbus. 

Meanwhile, Ruutu has been getting the least amount of minutes with no special teams time for several games running. He played even less than Boucher on Saturday.

I think he's on the brink being scratched regardless of who comes back into the lineup. 

Josefson has been getting in game promotions to the top 9 while also getting a bump up in TOI - this includes nearly 2 minutes of PK time against Columbus. 

Meanwhile, Ruutu has been getting the least amount of minutes with no special teams time for several games running. He played even less than Boucher on Saturday.

I think he's on the brink being scratched regardless of who comes back into the lineup. 

Josefson has earned his minutes, and scored an absolutely huge shootout goal that we needed more than anything

Hopefully he continues to play well

Is there a chance we are trying to do something with Salvador? (who knows what that could be)....

Is there a situation where we move Sal and Helgeson gets a shot, and if he prevails - great and if not, Fraser becomes the new Sal - oy....I'd have to think Fraser is worse than Sal....

Is there a chance we are trying to do something with Salvador? (who knows what that could be)....

Is there a situation where we move Sal and Helgeson gets a shot, and if he prevails - great and if not, Fraser becomes the new Sal - oy....I'd have to think Fraser is worse than Sal....

I doubt very much that any team is willing to acquire Salvador so this is unlikely.

On josefson- I think this is a real test of deboer's constant knock of not giving young kids a chance. If JJ continues to show good signs and deboer responds by giving him more opportunities, the complains about Pete's youth hatred need to finally die down.

No, I don't think so.  But I could see scenarios where someone else is moved and Fraser moves up to 8th on the depth chart.

No, I don't think so.  But I could see scenarios where someone else is moved and Fraser moves up to 8th on the depth chart.

Didn't Fraser sign an AHL deal? 

I think his only relevance (if he has any) might be for any defensemen that might be moved out of Albany, for any number of reasons. 

I hope Kinkaid gets a shot here in some of these upcoming back to backs, he's earned it. But I'm not convinced that clemmer is going to be sent down just yet.

I wonder what Gomez is thinking- how decimated with injuries will we have to be until he earns a deal? (Not saying in hoping for this but just wondering)