NFL Off Season 2015 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

It's 'we don't have THE smoking gun for the AFCCG specifically but with all this other evidence we've acquired of their past actions the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming' legalese.  To me the worst part of it vis-a-vis Brady is he didn't turn over his phone for the investigation...that's the action of someone with something to hide.

Seeing how TMZ and others get tabloid material so easily from 3rd party leaks I see no reason why the NFL's biggest celebrity outside of Denver who happens to be married to the richest super model in the world doesn't want a group of New York law school interns pouring over his text messages.

All this report does is give Patriots haters ammo to say "SEE THEY'RE DIRTY" and at the same time Patriots defenders to say "SEE THERE'S NO SMOKING GUN" meanwhile people like myself are left going, "Really we spent this much time on the NFL equivalent of having too much pine tar on your bat???"  After Aaron Rogers and other QB's came out saying they do it all of the time this "scandal" became more about modern media publicity and Patriots haterism and anything else.  The Patriots scored 40+ points on the Colts both games last year.  Point spread on next year's game in Indianapolis should be Pats +35.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so this report says Brady 'probably knew." which means zero to me. DID YOU PROVE SOMETHING OR NOT?!?!?!

i hate the patriots as much as the next guy, but this whole thing is such BS and i honestly dont careeeeeee

Everyone seems to think this is a court of law or something. They're guilty as fvck. It's obvious. And it's not something that needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. I want Brady suspended a year. Sean Payton got a year. No slap on the wrist. No piddly sh!t two game suspension. No $78 fine. One. Year. For the liar and cheater, Tom Brady. Of course that would be bad for the Fuhrer's bottom line, so... $50,000 fine and the Pats get docked a 4th. Edited by MadDog2020

Sean Payton got a year. No slap on the wrist. No piddly sh!t two game suspension. No $78 fine. One. Year. For the liar and cheater, Tom Brady.

I don't know if he'll get a year.. but I do think the NFL will punish hard, being that - indirectly or not - this is the second time that organization has made the league look bad. (Spygate) I also think Roger-Dodger will get pressured to act swiftly by the 31 other owners, who've grown tired of the cavalier attitude(s) up there in New England. 

I don't know if he'll get a year.. but I do think the NFL will punish hard, being that - indirectly or not - this is the second time that organization has made the league look bad. (Spygate) I also think Roger-Dodger will get pressured to act swiftly by the 31 other owners, who've grown tired of the cavalier attitude(s) up there in New England.

The Fuhrer himself said when he suspended Payton: 'Ignorance is not an excuse'. Well Roger- you're up. Ignorance is not an excuse.

I do find it funny that the only time the PSI of the balls was even discussed in the reported text messages was that the NFL referees over-inflated the footballs to 16 PSI before one game and Brady was ticked.  Between that and the words of other QB's it shows you how much the league in general really cared about the footballs prior to the Colts whining.  The report also stated that 3 of 4 Colts footballs tested at halftime of the AFCCC were underinflated but the referees couldn't test all 12 due to time constraints.  This whole thing is a goat rodeo.

The Saints Bounty Gate penalties were extreme thanks to issue of player safety as concussions had pushed that issue to the forefront.

I believe the Patriots already "lost" the tampering case for all intents and purposes when the NFL slapped the Jets on the wrist when similar violations previously rendered draft pick compensation.  If Brady gets suspended he goes right to the NFLPA and arbitration knocks the penalty back to the $10,000 fine that's written in the rule book about the condition of footballs.

If Brady gets suspended he goes right to the NFLPA and arbitration knocks the penalty back to the $10,000 fine that's written in the rule book about the condition of footballs.

Brady himself may indeed be stupid.. but at this moment, he's surrounded by smart individuals. The only way he can possibly look worse than he already looks now, would be to fight the pending punishment\suspension by going to the PA. (and the people close to Brady are telling him that)

Brady's only recourse currently is to take it on the chin.. and I expect him to do nothing less. He'll come out.. say: "I fvcked up. I didn't know I was breaking any rules. I accept whatever punishment the league see's fit" --and that'll be all she wrote. The LAST thing Brady, the NFL, the Patriots, etc. want to do, is drag this out further.

You have a better chance of McCoy being sent to "Riley Cooper sensitivity training" (which by the way he SHOULD, if a white guy said that about a black coach he'd be executed :P) then you see anything relevant happen to Brady, which still serves the league right for inflating balls in a warm room for a cold weather game

Everyone seems to think this is a court of law or something. They're guilty as fvck. It's obvious. And it's not something that needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. I want Brady suspended a year. Sean Payton got a year. No slap on the wrist. No piddly sh!t two game suspension. No $78 fine. One. Year. For the liar and cheater, Tom Brady. Of course that would be bad for the Fuhrer's bottom line, so... $50,000 fine and the Pats get docked a 4th.

Again, you know I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but this isn't even close to what Payton did, and that's assuming the Payton suspension was "correct."

Payton basically lied about a scheme that was designed to intentionally injure players (Greg Williams saying something to the effect of "take out the ACL," if I recall.). No one was hurt here, and even you have to admit it had no impact on the game at issue.

It's also a different situation than Payton in that you're not dealing with the union or a CBA, so even if you're correct that a year long suspension for Brady is warranted, it won't happen.

The last thing I'll add is that as a Dolphins fan, I want the best the Pats have to throw at us, at least without being benefited by an act of the commissioner. Imagine the Dolphins actually make the playoffs or win the division, we'll hear that we only got there because of Goodel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seeing how TMZ and others get tabloid material so easily from 3rd party leaks I see no reason why the NFL's biggest celebrity outside of Denver who happens to be married to the richest super model in the world doesn't want a group of New York law school interns pouring over his text messages.

Have gotten this question a few times: Wells did not want to take possession of Brady's phone. Wanted relevant texts/emails & Brady's ...

own lawyer was going to be allowed to screen & produce those relevant texts/emails. Wells would not have had Brady's phone.

And even if they had his phone he wouldn't exactly be losing his job the way these two equipment men surely will be for ****ing in Brady's cornflakes with private messages.

You have a better chance of McCoy being sent to "Riley Cooper sensitivity training" (which by the way he SHOULD, if a white guy said that about a black coach he'd be executed :P) then you see anything relevant happen to Brady, which still serves the league right for inflating balls in a warm room for a cold weather game

Of course the NFL ignores public backlash and tries to sweep things under the rug wherever they can but you're ignoring the fact there's going to be plenty of internal pressure from the other 31 teams who think/know the Pats have been getting away with **** for years.  Even if Goodell wants to give Brady a pass he can't afford to this time.  

And McCoy must have paid off Wells to release the report an hour or so after his nonsense came out cause it's going to be TOTALLY overlooked now.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Of course the NFL ignores public backlash and tries to sweep things under the rug wherever they can but you're ignoring the fact there's going to be plenty of internal pressure from the other 31 teams who think/know the Pats have been getting away with **** for years.  Even if Goodell wants to give Brady a pass he can't afford to this time.  

And McCoy must have paid off Wells to release the report an hour or so after his nonsense came out cause it's going to be TOTALLY overlooked now.

Here's the problem (as someone who doesn't love or hate the Patriots I don't really have any extra reason to see them burn).....I don't think you can fry someone on a "well....maybe.....we kinda think....he MIGHT have done something".....this whole thing was a joke anyway.... 350 pages and all you got was a damned MAYBE....don't even bother publishing that kinda trash :P

Add in the fact that McCoy's gonna get a pass 'cause he's black and black people are allowed to be racist and all this will be is pre-game hype for week 14.... :rant:

Here's the problem (as someone who doesn't love or hate the Patriots I don't really have any extra reason to see them burn).....I don't think you can fry someone on a "well....maybe.....we kinda think....he MIGHT have done something".....this whole thing was a joke anyway.... 350 pages and all you got was a damned MAYBE....don't even bother publishing that kinda trash :P

Add in the fact that McCoy's gonna get a pass 'cause he's black and black people are allowed to be racist and all this will be is pre-game hype for week 14.... :rant:

According to the 'legal experts' all the bs language IS basically the same thing as there's proof in the NFL's eyes, it's more covering themselves in lawyer-speak but since it's not a court case they don't need beyond a reasonable doubt.

According to the 'legal experts' all the bs language IS basically the same thing as there's proof in the NFL's eyes, it's more covering themselves in lawyer-speak but since it's not a court case they don't need beyond a reasonable doubt.

and that right there is the biggest problem in the NFL.....too many goddamned lawyers in charge :P

(but that's a different rant)

I still think Brady gets dinged harder for lying/failing to turn over texts than the actual offense, as it seems to be common practice to encourage the ballboys to make the footballs the way you like em (within the rules of course).  It goes back to what CR said.  Be truthful about it, at least to the NFL.  Even if you delay telling the truth for 2 weeks to play in the Super Bowl, and you get a harsh-ish suspension after (say 6 games whittled down to 2 on appeal), we're not having this conversation as mandatory minicamps approach.  

You have got to be kidding me..

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-05-07/tom-brady-agent-statement-deflate-gate-wells-report-deflated-footballs-afc-championship-game-patriots-colts

The Brady camp (through his agent) has released a statement saying that "the Colts and NFL conspired against Tom, and set him up for a sting operation" :glare:

..are you fvcking kidding me now with this sh!t??!! I am STUNNED by this stance that the Brady camp is taking. Do they really want to go toe-to-toe with the league??!!! I hope Goodell throws the fvcking book at this piece of sh!t now. You got caught cheating.. AGAIN... take it like a fvcking man, and stop trying to play the victim.

Lance Armstrong, Roger Clemens, A-Rod, etc weren't enough proof Brady wouldn't offer a vociferous defense? When you're a big time legend, you don't just submit meekly you go all in to protect your legacy at any cost...especially when trying to preempt discipline from a weak kneed league.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Lance Armstrong, Roger Clemens, A-Rod, etc weren't enough proof Brady wouldn't offer a vociferous defense? When you're a big time legend, you don't just submit meekly you go all in to protect your legacy at any cost.

Strategically, this is the dumbest move to make Has. For them to now try and fight the NFL, and publically question their credibility, is insane.

..this all just went from intriguing, to fatuous. The league hierarchy has to be livid right now.

Strategically, this is the dumbest move to make Has. For them to now try and fight the NFL, and publically question their credibility, is insane.

..this all just went from intriguing, to fatuous. The league hierarchy has to be livid right now.

Arod sued his own team and his own players association. These guys didn't get to where they were without a great deal of hubris. And attacking the NFL's credibility is an easy argument since the NFL's credibility has already taken a series of body blows in recent years.

They're not interested in leniency from the league, they're clearly setting up for legal action to fight any expected suspension. This is also about winning the court of public opinion too.

Arod sued his own team and his own players association. These guys didn't get to where they were without a great deal of hubris. And attacking the NFL's credibility is an easy argument since the NFL's credibility has already taken a series of body blows in recent years.

They're not interested in leniency from the league, they're clearly setting up for legal action to fight any expected suspension. This is also about winning the court of public opinion too.

You're proving my point Has. Is this how he want's his legacy to go down? Is this where he wants his name to be alongside? Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, and A-Rod??

..all he had to do was come out and say: "look, I did it. I fvcked up.. I didn't know what I was doing was wrong. I'm sorry" --and he'd be Giambi. Now he's A-Rod. Is that REALLY what he wants??

You're proving my point Has. Is this how he want's his legacy to go down? Is this where he wants his name to be alongside? Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, and A-Rod??

..all he had to do was come out and say: "look, I did it. I fvcked up.. I didn't know what I was doing was wrong. I'm sorry" --and he'd be Giambi. Now he's A-Rod. Is that REALLY what he wants??

not really. by taking this stance he forces the league to probe further and prove it. i dont think they got anything else really

For those of you who still don't get it, read this: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/07/suspension-of-tom-brady-seems-unavoidable/

Judy Battista@judybattista 28m28 minutes ago

Have gotten this question a few times: Wells did not want to take possession of Brady's phone. Wanted relevant texts/emails & Brady's ...

Judy Battista@judybattista 28m28 minutes ago

own lawyer was going to be allowed to screen & produce those relevant texts/emails. Wells would not have had Brady's phone.

And even if they had his phone he wouldn't exactly be losing his job the way these two equipment men surely will be for ****ing in Brady's cornflakes with private messages.

Of course the NFL ignores public backlash and tries to sweep things under the rug wherever they can but you're ignoring the fact there's going to be plenty of internal pressure from the other 31 teams who think/know the Pats have been getting away with **** for years. Even if Goodell wants to give Brady a pass he can't afford to this time.

And as soon as they lose their jobs, it's off to ESPN to spill ALL the beans.

by taking this stance he forces the league to probe further and prove it

EXACTLY! What the league has NOW is already damaging enough. Merchandise bribes, no instructions from Brady.. isolating the incident to only one game. But if the Brady Camp forces this into a knock-down, drag-out fight.. the NFL will exhaust all their resources into defending themselves. They're not going to allow a player to make them look like clowns.

..at that point, suppose the details get worse? Suppose there's monetary bribes? Or it's proven that this happened more than just one game? This is really worth rolling the dice, if you're Tom Brady?!

And as soon as they lose their jobs, it's off to ESPN to spill ALL the beans.

100% They're gonna sing like canary's, and that's when the REAL fun begins.

Brady wouldn't turn over the info on his phone. He doesn't want a fight with the league. Because he'll come out of it looking waaaaay worse than he even looks now. Take your medicine like a man Tommy boy.

Edited by MadDog2020