NFL Off Season 2015 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

He'll be a Jet.  Based on how everything seems to be playing out, I have no reason to think otherwise.  The Jets will offer him more, and the Pats usually don't blink in these situations (though they kind of did with McCourty).  I think this is one of those times where BB & Co. have to think about whether or not they really want to play hardball this time.  Brady's window isn't going to remain open forever, and sometimes you have to make pure "right now" decisions that might hurt later.  BB's D prior to Revis' arrival has been meh to poor for the past several seasons, and has been kept afloat by an offense that has been a scoring machine (especially in the regular season) for that time.  Does keeping Revis guarantee another Super Bowl win, or even another Super Bowl appearance?  Of course not, not in today's NFL.  Do I take the chance that his being in NE greatly helps the Pats' chances to get there one more time in the next two or three seasons?  Absolutely.  Unless the Jets' offer is so over-the-top that they give the Pats no choice but to bow out, I think the Pats have to make it happen. 

I wouldn't scream and cry if he's a Jet. It would be an upgrade. A clear upgrade. But where's our QB? Can we at least sign Ryan Fitzpatrick as some sort of stopgap first?

Revis will command A TON of money, money that we could spend shoring up holes on the o-line and safety position. We can literally get 3 players, solid ones...or 1 Revis.

Hoyer is off the board, so is Iupati (wanted him) so is Ryan Mallet (meh, but he was an option) so is Brandon Flowers and Will Blackmon and Kareem Jackson AND Byron Maxwell. Jets may be forced to pick up Revis since everybody else will be off the board.

Edited by '7'

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I saw the Jets were making a last-ditch attempt to bring in Hoyer.  He doesn't really excite me any more than Fitzpatrick but then again it's not like he had a lot in Cleveland to work with other than a couple of games of Josh Gordon before he resumed playing with the Longest Yard cons :P

Last I saw the Jets were making a last-ditch attempt to bring in Hoyer.  He doesn't really excite me any more than Fitzpatrick but then again it's not like he had a lot in Cleveland to work with other than a couple of games of Josh Gordon before he resumed playing with the Longest Yard cons :P

oh. I thought he was signed already. :doh1:

A bidding war over a 32yr old RB lmao! And respect, to Willis one of the best mlb'ers to play 08-13. Respect your decision and what ever Justin chooses as well. SF gets a lot of sh!t regarding their players personal lives and all, but Willis,JSmith and Gore are class acts and legends to the franchise.

I wouldn't scream and cry if he's a Jet. It would be an upgrade. A clear upgrade. But where's our QB? Can we at least sign Ryan Fitzpatrick as some sort of stopgap first?

Revis will command A TON of money, money that we could spend shoring up holes on the o-line and safety position. We can literally get 3 players, solid ones...or 1 Revis.

Hoyer is off the board, so is Iupati (wanted him) so is Ryan Mallet (meh, but he was an option) so is Brandon Flowers and Will Blackmon and Kareem Jackson AND Byron Maxwell. Jets may be forced to pick up Revis since everybody else will be off the board.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out from the Jets' side.  I think this is less about improving the team (though adding Revis obviously improves ANY defense) and more about trying to make up for a past "wrong" (though I don't blame the Jets' for getting sick of Revis' contract posturing...eventually it just gets tiresome and old), as well as trying to strengthen your team by weakening your opponent at the same time.  If the Jets had a legit QB in place, and seemed ready to burst, I would get it entirely, and given them credit for being bold.  But if they get Revis under these circumstances, it will feel like they're doing it for the wrong reasons. 

Shane Vereen to the Giants

That one was pretty heavily rumored.  Cap/numbers casualty...would've been nice to keep him, but Pats don't have that much wiggle room.  Some guys simply can't be retained.

aren't they actually two completely different players?  Vereen is speedy, used often as a receiver.  Bilal is slowwwwwww

I wouldn't say so. Powell is pretty quick and shifty. Chris Ivory is the one who doesn't have breakaway speed

Edited by '7'

Gore reportedly agreed with the Colts this afternoon.  4/$16/$7.5 is being reported, which I have to assume is mostly up front.  Colts are also rumored to be looking at Andre Johnson.

Bryan Bulaga re-signs with Green Bay.

And as expected, New England did not pick up Revis' option, making him the most quality FA in the pile right now.

Gore reportedly agreed with the Colts this afternoon.  4/$16/$7.5 is being reported, which I have to assume is mostly up front.  Colts are also rumored to be looking at Andre Johnson.

Bryan Bulaga re-signs with Green Bay.

And as expected, New England did not pick up Revis' option, making him the most quality FA in the pile right now.

have to like what Indy is doing right now.  putting the right pieces together, finally getting a reliable RB

Wonder if NE will look at Spiller now that Vereen is gone.

Supposedly they're looking at the Redskins' Roy Helu.  Same kind of back as Vereen...he had 42 catches for 477 yards. 

According to ESPN, Hartline said his choice came down to the Browns and the Pats, and that it was close.  I heard rumors, but didn't know that the Pats were definitely in on him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Supposedly they're looking at the Redskins' Roy Helu.  Same kind of back as Vereen...he had 42 catches for 477 yards. 

According to ESPN, Hartline said his choice came down to the Browns and the Pats, and that it was close.  I heard rumors, but didn't know that the Pats were definitely in on him.

Hartline would've been perfect for NE. Another Welker type. Down year last year but he is a solid solid receiver. would've had 80 catches easily with Brady

And now, Ngata to the Lions and Bradford and other stuff to Philly for Foles.

Goodel should probably be giving the Dolphins EXTRA cap space, as I imagine the flurry of trades, and hence the increased interest, is somehow linked to the timing of the Suh deal. 

Goodel should probably be giving the Dolphins EXTRA cap space, as I imagine the flurry of trades, and hence the increased interest, is somehow linked to the timing of the Suh deal. 

Hah well they replaced Suh with Ngata...I'm sure Manta isn't too happy.

Well that was kind of out of left field. Did not see Bradford for Foles coming....wasn't even rumored

Yeah now I don't really want to trade out of 6 and it doesn't look like Chip's trading up for Mariotta at this point anyway.