NFL Off Season 2015 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing of Tebow seems like a smokescreen. Would not be surprised if they traded Bradford for a high pick before Thursday. Rivers also could be moved

idk, i honestly think that Philly plans on keeping Bradford.  Even if they move him, though, I don't see where the Tebow signing would have anything to do with it.  If he even makes the team, I'd be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of quick thoughts on Day one of the draft:

1)

TITANS just DECLINED Boykin,Kendricks,Cox,Bradfors, 2 1sts and a 3 for the 2! Are you dumb!! That's insane and a franchise changing deal they should hve take it holy sh!t!!

So much this.

I'm not sure if the Titans feel they have a good defense or they were just asleep at the wheel, but even if Mariota is THE TRUTH, that's a package so ridiculous that you don't pass it up.  That trade makes the Herschel Walker trade look like an underpay.

2) A bad day to be named Zac(k) - both Mettenberg and Stacy have now asked to be traded or released after day 1 of the draft.  In Stacy's case, I don't blame him, and if I'm an RB-needy team that missed out of Gurley or Gordon, throwing a late-round pick at St. Louis may make some sense.  I'm looking at you Dallas (and Arizona if St. Louis is willing to trade within the division).

A couple of quick thoughts on Day one of the draft:

1)

So much this.

I'm not sure if the Titans feel they have a good defense or they were just asleep at the wheel, but even if Mariota is THE TRUTH, that's a package so ridiculous that you don't pass it up.  That trade makes the Herschel Walker trade look like an underpay.

2) A bad day to be named Zac(k) - both Mettenberg and Stacy have now asked to be traded or released after day 1 of the draft.  In Stacy's case, I don't blame him, and if I'm an RB-needy team that missed out of Gurley or Gordon, throwing a late-round pick at St. Louis may make some sense.  I'm looking at you Dallas (and Arizona if St. Louis is willing to trade within the division).

According to Peter King the Eagles did not make the rumored trade offer for Marioto (intentionally misspelled)

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/01/marcus-mariota-tennessee-titans-nfl-draft/

The Eagles, as Kelly said Thursday night in Philadelphia, never offered players as part of a package to obtain Mariota. In fact, The MMQB learned Thursday night that Kelly never offered the widely rumored packages of either three first-round picks or two first-round picks and Sam Bradford, in an attempt to obtain the second pick of the draft. I can tell you this much is true: The Titans basically scared off suitors because they continually told teams they wanted to take Mariota, and it would take a stupid offer to obtain the pick. In the end, Tennessee GM Ruston Webster and coach Ken Whisenhunt stuck to their guns.

Personally i don't believe him. Mainly because he has to deny it, those players arr still on the team, wouldn't be smart to admit he tried to rid of the half the team and failed.

According to Peter King the Eagles did not make the rumored trade offer for Marioto (intentionally misspelled)

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/01/marcus-mariota-tennessee-titans-nfl-draft/

Wow.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25176130/mccoy-on-chip-kelly-theres-a-reason-he-got-rid-of-all-the-black-players

The relationship was never really great. I feel like I always respected him as a coach. I think that's the way he runs his team. He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That's the truth. There's a reason. ... It's hard to explain with him. But there's a reason he got rid of all the black players -- the good ones -- like that.

Please tell me the Bills and Eagles meet this season.

Week 14...at Philly

I think it's more about an oversized ego than color though he has three Caucasian QB's and kept around Riley Cooper through the purge. Still I think Kelly's main color problem is more pro-kelly green (re: former Ducks) than anti-anything. Especially since he signed a black guy as McCoy's main replacement lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

I suspect he gets a light punishment in terms of suspended games, something like 2-3 games, and perhaps a "hefty" fine by NFL standards.  The org may lose draft picks though.

The summaries I've read of the Wells report suggest that it concluded that it was basically Brady's doing, but that Belichik, Kraft and other management didn't know.  Leads me to believe that there won't be any significant loss of draft picks, if there even are any. 

And as much as I hate the Patriots, their title is not "tainted" and I wouldn't care one way or the other if Brady gets a slap on the wrist or even no punishment. 

For once...just fvcking ONCE...if someone knows he did something wrong (no matter what the level of wrongdoing, even if doesn't seem like it was that big of a deal in the grand scheme)...JUST ADMIT IT!  If Brady had just done that at the time, I think many people would've moved on and let it go...not all, but many.  It goes so much worse for people when they not only lie, but lie to millions, through the media.  How many thorough investigations do these guys have to see play out before they realize that if you've got something shady in your past, it is likely only a matter of time before it's discovered and made public?  Did Brady really think that this investigation wasn't going to see every last stone unturned?  What is it that makes so many think they're so friggin' untouchable...nothing more than simple arrogance? 

Brady is obviously a terrific QB, and I don't think a little less PSI made him that much better.  But he lost of a lot of other positive traits with the release of this report.  He'll never be as likable or as respected as he once was...he's lost that forever in a lot of circles.  He'll have to live with the inevitable "yeah but"s whenever his accomplishments are discussed.  And he brought it all on himself...not so much because he did it (and other QBs have come out and said the whole PSI thing isn't any big thing), but because he lied through his teeth about having done it.

so this report says Brady 'probably knew." which means zero to me.  DID YOU PROVE SOMETHING OR NOT?!?!?!

i hate the patriots as much as the next guy, but this whole thing is such BS and i honestly dont careeeeeee

The summaries I've read of the Wells report suggest that it concluded that it was basically Brady's doing, but that Belichik, Kraft and other management didn't know.  Leads me to believe that there won't be any significant loss of draft picks, if there even are any. 

And as much as I hate the Patriots, their title is not "tainted" and I wouldn't care one way or the other if Brady gets a slap on the wrist or even no punishment. 

I haven't read the Wells report fully, but from what I've heard, someone in the Pats' organization did this, knowingly (equipment managers in this case).  While not necessarily fair, I'd hold the organization as a whole liable and impose discipline on them appropriately.  If the Falcons can lose a 5th round pick and get docked $350k, despite the claims that the owners and senior management had no idea their staff was pumping in crowd noise, then I can easily see the Pats facing a similar fate.  

Though that's my interpretation.

Also, I feel bad for CR and the Patriots fans.  As he said, another round of "yeah buts" centered around his favorite football team.  

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

So the pats cheated. Tainted Superbowl win. And of course Brady knew.

Sad really. This Championship was supposed to exonerate the other 3, and the whole Spygate thing. Instead it gives plausibility to the whole "cheaters" mythos. So stupid.. they would've beaten the Colts anyway. Stupid.

Edited by Beezer34

so this report says Brady 'probably knew." which means zero to me.  DID YOU PROVE SOMETHING OR NOT?!?!?!

i hate the patriots as much as the next guy, but this whole thing is such BS and i honestly dont careeeeeee

It's 'we don't have THE smoking gun for the AFCCG specifically but with all this other evidence we've acquired of their past actions the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming' legalese.  To me the worst part of it vis-a-vis Brady is he didn't turn over his phone for the investigation...that's the action of someone with something to hide.

The worst part of it vis-a-vis Brady is he didn't turn over his phone for the investigation...that's the action of someone with something to hide.

..and in the end, that's what the league will point to, to justify their punishment. The fact that Brady was not 100% cooperative, coupled with the Wells report.

The league may punish Brady but they (and when I say they I mean Goodell + the other 31 owners since they'll all want him to come down on the Pats) also have to be careful not to overstep their bounds so it doesn't get overturned on appeal.  The last thing Goodell needs after the reduced AP and Rice suspensions is more proof any 'punishment' ruling isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Edited by NJDevs4978