NFL Off Season 2015 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

At least the 90's 49ers didn't lie and obstruct an investigation and generally make morons of themselves with 20,000 word propaganda missives, after having already received the most severe penalty in league history for cheating 7 years prior.

You mean like a 350 page report of maybe's coulda shoulda and woulda's?? It's amazing how the NFL is scum, untrustable and has ZERO credibilty in the NFL fans' eyes....but all of a sudden they focus on the Patriots and these same slimeballs we've ALL wish death, fire or at least employment termination on .....and NOW y'all wanna take their every agenda-driven word as gospel? Fascinating....

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like a 350 page report of maybe's coulda shoulda and woulda's?? It's amazing how the NFL is scum, untrustable and has ZERO credibilty in the NFL fans' eyes....but all of a sudden they focus on the Patriots and these same slimeballs we've ALL wish death, fire or at least employment termination on .....and NOW y'all wanna take their every agenda-driven word as gospel? Fascinating....

You sound like Bobby Sullivan from Brockton.

Interesting how the Wells Report on Page 23 literally reads that the Patriots were completely cooperative but they "lied and obstructed" an investigation.  Meanwhile the 49ers owner in the 80's Eddie DiBartilo served jail time for the "creative accounting" he performed not only with the 49ers but with his real estate business.

Imagine Joe Namath's off-field life, and the 1970's Raiders & Steelers shenanigans

..so the basis of your counterargument here is: Hey, let's go back 40 years ago into the 70's & 80's when worse sh!t happened all the time! While we're at it, let's reminisce when you could smoke in a restaurant next to an infant.. same-sex-marriages were considered nefarious.. and slavery was a thing.

The Pats snuck footballs in the bathroom to fvck with.. released a thesis on what the real definition of "deflate" really means.. and disseminated a separate website in how atmospheric pressure\climate and permutations in mass can effect the Pats balls but not the Colts.. --and you think this is media induced?

Let's go back to the real world, where: deflate means deflate.. and 2 wrongs DON'T make a right. :thumbsup:

..so the basis of your counterargument here is: Hey, let's go back 40 years ago into the 70's & 80's when worse sh!t happened all the time! While we're at it, let's reminisce when you could smoke in a restaurant next to an infant.. same-sex-marriages were considered nefarious.. and slavery was a thing.

The Pats snuck footballs in the bathroom to fvck with.. released a thesis on what the real definition of "deflate" really means.. and disseminated a separate website in how atmospheric pressureclimate and permutations in mass can effect the Pats balls but not the Colts.. --and you think this is media induced?

Let's go back to the real world, where: deflate means deflate.. and 2 wrongs DON'T make a right. :thumbsup:

I'm stunned (but not really) at the number of apologists there are out there for these dipsh!ts. They cheated (again), got caught (again), and got in trouble (again). Period, end of story, end of debate. If the apologists can't see that, then they need a new set of glasses. Edited by MadDog2020

The NFL moved extra points back to the 15, made it a "live 2pt play" with defenses allowed to score, and kept 2 pt conversions on the 2 yard line rather than moving them up to the 1.

I like it. Basically it makes the point a bit harder and they didn't succumb to all the gimmicky BS being proposed.

Besides the NFL was never doing away with it entirely and making a TD just 7 points with the option for a 1pt conversion from the 2. The NFL LOVES the current TD...conversion...COMMERCIAL, kickoff/touchback, COMMERCIAL format.

Edited by '7'

The NFL moved extra points back to the 15, made it a "live 2pt play" with defenses allowed to score, and kept 2 pt conversions on the 2 yard line rather than moving them up to the 1.

I like it. Basically it makes the point a bit harder and they didn't succumb to all the gimmicky BS being proposed.

Besides the NFL was never doing away with it entirely and making a TD just 7 points with the option for a 1pt conversion from the 2. The NFL LOVES the current TD...conversion...COMMERCIAL, kickoff/touchback, COMMERCIAL format.

I guess the downside is that it basically puts an end to faking the field goal on the extra point.  You can probably count on one hand the number of times that's happened since they went to the two point conversion, so I suppose it isn't a huge deal. 

Somewhat related, I wonder if they're ever going to seriously consider what I think was Greg Chiano's idea, which is to do away with the kick off entirely.  Instead, the team that scores gets the ball on their own 20 or 30 (something like that) with a fourth and 20 or 25.  The default would be to punt, which generally results in fewer injuries, and you would replace the onside kick with going for it on a long fourth down.  

Probably too gimicky for most people's taste, but I think it's kind of interesting.

For those of you who like Hard Knocks:

It's rumored that the 3 finalists for the next season of Hard Knocks are the Bills, Texans, and Redskins.  The Browns are also rumored, but they really REALLY don't want to be there, and the Bills have a new head coach, so they can opt out this year.  

The Redskins on Hard Knocks...seeing how that franchise operates could be must-watch level trainwreck TV.

A little noticed rule change that I found kind of interesting.

NFL owners in a major change to ownership rules, last week voted to allow irrevocable trusts to own teams, will greatly ease estate planning

Basically, as I understand it, large stakes of teams often have to be sold upon an owner's death to be able to satisfy estate tax obligations.  (Unless you were the Steinbrenner brothers whose father died in the year that the federal estate tax went down to 0).   

• 2 months later...

Perhaps Chip Kelly knew what he was doing trading McCoy for a good linebacker, signing arguably a better back in DeMarco Murray, and not having to worry about the following nonsense.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-player-cancels-females-only-141953152.html

Basically Shady McCoy tried to organize an all female party on Instagram, at had the following rules:

"Guests must provide a picture and their social media handles (presumably for more pictures).

Guests must sign a confidentiality agreement.

No +1's!

Guests will receive pick-up and drop-off location information and attire in the confirmation email."

If only there were dodgy land deals involved, this would be the plot of season 2 of True Detective.

Of course the whole thing was a "misunderstanding."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brady's suspension upheld.  If I recall correctly, it was reported that he was going to seek an injunction in federal court if this happened.  I'm not sure what the grounds would be, unless the idea is just to gum up the works until there's a settlement. 

Goodel I think wants to prove that he does not act at the behest of the Kraft, so I imagine the league will see this through.

lol if that's the case (and I don't doubt it is) then again, WHY DID THIS TAKE SO LONG?! It should have taken Goodell five seconds to deny the appeal.

It's been a little bit more than a month since a relatively extensive hearing, and Goodel's report (obviously drafted by the NFL's inhouse attorneys) is 20 pages single spaced pages, which summarizes hearing testimony and Brady's many arguments in pretty close detail.    Goodell got the report out in less time than judges will often give parties in litigation to draft post-trial briefs, so unless you just reflexively hate everything about Goodel, he can't really be accused of foot dragging.

As to the decision itself, which I read pretty closely, it actually is very persuasive in my opinion.  Admittedly, I didn't follow the case in that great detail, based on the statement that Brady's agent released, Brady is really grasping at straws here.  Case in point is the agent says that the scientific evidence that the Wells report relied on was "junk" and "thoroughly discredited by third parties."  The scientists that Wells relied on included a physics professor from Princeton, whose findings were verified by another physics professor.  The "third parties" that supposedly discredited the science were not scientists at all, but an economist and a management professor. 

Don't know what Brady's end game is here.  If he has half-way honest lawyers that don't want to simply run up their billable hours they'll have to tell him that there's virtually zero chance that he'll ultimately win in court, and that the best he can hope for is some kind of scroched earth approach.  We'll see. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It serves Brady and his army of morons right for pursuing this idiot witch hunt as far as they did and that joke known as the Wells Report (as well as their insistence of that pathetic waste of paper be taken as gospel :P )....this is a step in the right way of Fuhrer Goodell getting his powers chopped down and hopefully one day removed completely.....

NFL is appealing, of course. If they win, Brady will be suspended later in the season or next year. This 'ain't going away yet...

Depends on whether the NFL can convince the Second Circuit to hear the appeal on an expedited basis.  I think it probably should, but it's ultimately discretionary. 

I bet you that Goodell is praying that Greg Hardy, as rumored, takes Berman's decision as precedent and challenges his suspension in court.  Hardy, truly a bad guy, will be Exhibit A as to why the Commissioner should have final say on discipline.  It would be an opportunity to get the Second Circuit to really consider whether federal courts should decide whether every player that beats the crap out of some woman got treated fairly by the league.  While Brady obviously did not do anything like that, the authority that the commissioner used to suspend him, is the same that he used to suspend Hardy. 

Even without something extraneous like that though, I think the NFL will ultimately win.  The idea is that the players union agreed that these sorts of grievances would be handled by the league, and, as the saying goes, they wouldn't make a federal case out of it.