Lou Lamoriello will remain GM even if team misses playoffs -Chere

msweet

GM's are often as good as their scouts and this is where the Devils have failed. Their scouting on forwards - be it for draft purposes or via trade in the NHL have been absolute dog sh!t for years. Why is Lou forced to overspend for UFA forwards that aren't that good? Because he's had no young forwards to plug in. Henrique. That's it. You want to throw Josefson in there? Fine. But that's not what you'd expect from a 1st round pick.

The forwards have been dreadful and for this reason - we need a change at the scouts who are evaluating them. There needs to be a shift in thinking. It's not purely random as it's not purely great scouting - but clearly we need to move in a tiny bit of direction scouting wise.

GM's are often as good as their scouts and this is where the Devils have failed. Their scouting on forwards - be it for draft purposes or via trade in the NHL have been absolute dog sh!t for years. Why is Lou forced to overspend for UFA forwards that aren't that good? Because he's had no young forwards to plug in. Henrique. That's it. You want to throw Josefson in there? Fine. But that's not what you'd expect from a 1st round pick.

And Quenneville just continues to light it up too eh, kid's fvcking en fuego. Fiesty just said in the prospect thread that Quenneville's team has 7 goals tonight... None of which have been scored by Quenneville. Check out those numbers this year- looks like we have another offensive machine on our hands guys. [emoji57] Edited by MadDog2020

I could see us going after a Shawn Mattias or Lars Eller for center but I'm not sure about a winger and who can be had there.

Matt Beleskey, Carl Soderberg, Antoine Vermette, Mark Letestu, Erik Cole, Justin Williams, Kyle Brodziak, Ryan Carter, Sean Bergenheim, Chris Stewart, Mike Fisher, Mike Santorelli, Joel Ward, Michael Frolik, and Jiri Tlusty.

I'll take any of those guys.

Matt Beleskey, Carl Soderberg, Antoine Vermette, Mark Letestu, Erik Cole, Justin Williams, Kyle Brodziak, Ryan Carter, Sean Bergenheim, Chris Stewart, Mike Fisher, Mike Santorelli, Joel Ward, Michael Frolik, and Jiri Tlusty.

I'll take any of those guys.

Vermette and fisher are interesting. Rest are garbage.

I think this is just a garbage article. Great Lou's staying but there's nothing to substantiate the title.  I think speculation even on the fans part is a bad thing for the team and I don't really want to be a part of that.  I don't want to read that people "in the know" think Lou should and WILL go if they have anything to say about it.  I've heard from a$$holes like that before and they aren't going to improve a damned thing if they get their way.  It's just a total blow up - proceded by a reorganization with absolutely NO PROVEN KNOWLEDGE BASE to re-build off of. 

I hate how everyone thinks they know everything about vocations often done on an avocational basis. For example I hate it when some stupid fvck decides they're a writer and come up with 50 fvcking shades of gray -- for a sustainable business model it's a fvcking disaster!!!! Honestly -- if someone lacks the vision, creativity and imagination to understand what's been going on with Lou and the choices being made then I think they're a dullard.  I really do.  Or  Mr(s) Instant Gratification with ZERO imagination and probably no lasting relationships because they lack the fvcking patience and presence of mind to see something through and truly invest in something long term.  I had my doubts about Lou this past autumn and I think things went too far, but as far as I'm concerned, things are being addressed now and appropriately so. There is no one out there with Lou's vision (vision of old if you must).  Any replacement will just be a sack of crap and the Devils will no longer be my team -- UNLESS Lou picks his own replacement.

nutshell though with no venting, I'd say I agree with what Jason just wrote.

I like what I see now.  I haven't been writing because all that I think could be done IS being done right down to telling people to shut the fvck up with actions rather than polite mealy-mouthed words.  I see no better path so no real reason to write.

Sooo...if Lou is no longer the GM and doesn't get to pick his successor, you're going to abandon your favorite team?  Makes perfect sense...  :blink:  :doh1:

Sooo...if Lou is no longer the GM and doesn't get to pick his successor, you're going to abandon your favorite team?  Makes perfect sense...  :blink:  :doh1:

I don't think that's what she meant.  She meant it wouldn't be HER Devils anymore; the team that she knows, as she knows it, would cease to exist. And I totally get that, and agree with it. It's a scary notion, letting Lou go. What would become of the Devils? What about all the stuff we have learned to think is the 'right' way to play hockey, and who the 'right' type of players are? It will all be gone.

Edited by Neb00rs

Why all this debate about Lou staying or going. Harris says he's staying unless Harris is lying.

Lou is loyal to his employees so Conte stays as well. I expect nothing different next season but we will get better than this season. When GMs wait too long to upgrade with youth you get what we have. Remember the Islanders and Edmonton they waited too long. How long did it take them to turn around?

Why all this debate about Lou staying or going. Harris says he's staying unless Harris is lying.

Lou is loyal to his employees so Conte stays as well. I expect nothing different next season but we will get better than this season. When GMs wait too long to upgrade with youth you get what we have. Remember the Islanders and Edmonton they waited too long. How long did it take them to turn around?

The quote was from the fall.  Why should it be relevant by default?  I'm not saying it would surprise me that much if Lou was still here, but Harris is entitled to change his mind, and since he wouldn't comment, we don't know for sure where he stands.  Just because Chere dusted off a quote made months ago and printed it doesn't mean that it still holds true. 

The quote was from the fall. Why should it be relevant by default? I'm not saying it would surprise me that much if Lou was still here, but Harris is entitled to change his mind, and since he wouldn't comment, we don't know for sure where he stands. Just because Chere dusted off a quote made months ago and printed it doesn't mean that it still holds true.

CR,76, thank you for updating me I didn't know that was outdated material that Chere put out. That changes my position but I still think Lou stays along with Conte but we could get an AGM hopefully not Marty, because the position shouldn't be a learning job to quickly turn this ship. Edited by BostonNala370