Lidstrom, Pronger, Federov head HHOF Induction Class of 2015

MadDog2020

I'd love to know how after passing over Phil Housley, the group decides that he'll go in now over the likes of Lindros and Recchi? Like does the committee come to an agreement that Mark Recchi is without a doubt a HOFer, but that they should wait a year or two to vote him in so Phil Housley can finally get in?

I'd also love to see how they came to a decision to vote Pavel Bure in years ago, when someone like Eric Lindros, a much better player, still can't get in. These are supposedly some of the smartest people in hockey...and for the last 4 years they are saying that they think Bure was better than Lindros. Absolutely mind-blowing.

I'd love to know how after passing over Phil Housley, the group decides that he'll go in now over the likes of Lindros and Recchi? Like does the committee come to an agreement that Mark Recchi is without a doubt a HOFer, but that they should wait a year or two to vote him in so Phil Housley can finally get in?

I'd also love to see how they came to a decision to vote Pavel Bure in years ago, when someone like Eric Lindros, a much better player, still can't get in. These are supposedly some of the smartest people in hockey...and for the last 4 years they are saying that they think Bure was better than Lindros. Absolutely mind-blowing.

please do tell me how 4 time 60 goal scorer Pavel Bure was not as good as 0 time 45 goal scorer Eric Lindros

please do tell me how 4 time 60 goal scorer Pavel Bure was not as good as 0 time 45 goal scorer Eric Lindros

Lindros was he best player in hockey for about three or four years, regardless if Bure scored more goals then him in particular years. Admittedly I didn't see Bure play all that much, but besides maybe Jagr, there was no one that I ever watched from the opposing team's standpoint that scared me as much whenever he had the puck.

There's the durability issue that you can go either way on, which is why I don't think it's a huge outrage that Lindros hasn't made the HOF yet, but he should eventually

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lindros was a dominant on both ends of the rink and piled up huge +/- numbers in addition to everything else.  Pavel Bure was an exceptional goal scorer but his commitment to defense was less than total.  I know who I'd take if I were starting a team.  I believe the HOF holds a grudge against Eric but I'm not sure for what.

Also Bure scored 60 goals twice, not 4 times. 

Lindros was a dominant on both ends of the rink and piled up huge +/- numbers in addition to everything else.  Pavel Bure was an exceptional goal scorer but his commitment to defense was less than total.  I know who I'd take if I were starting a team.  I believe the HOF holds a grudge against Eric but I'm not sure for what.

Also Bure scored 60 goals twice, not 4 times. 

lets not get into semantics, I had to go look up the numbers but Bure was over 60 twice, was once at at 58 and once at 59. so for all intents and purposes pretty much a 60 goal scorer four times. He was among the best goalscorers in hockey for about 10 years and was by far more skilled than Lindros, and its not even close. He put up over 40 goals twice on Florida and won the Richard with linemates I don't even know who, Viktor Kozlov? I remember that one season he had 100 points and his next closest teammate had like 35.

For once the HHOF was right. Perhaps his commitment to defense was lesser, but by the same token if I'm starting a team I'm easily drafting Bure before grabbing Lindros. It's like saying you'd rather have Parise than Stamkos. Both elite players, but one borders on generational while the other is a great player.

Edited by StormJosh

Lindros is a top 5 forward talent the game has seen in the last 30 years-40 years. He is a generational talent that unfortunately had serious concussion issues.

Bure was a dynamic scorer, one of the best ever but he isn't the overall dominant player that Lindros was. That's no insult. The great thing for Bure's legacy is his career injured just as the expected decline was about to happen. I wonder what would be reasonable to expect from him from age 32-36 goal wise.

Anyway, Bure's numbers were insane in Florida, but he was used in a way we'll never see anyone used again. 26-27 minutes a night, 6-7min a night on the PP. Just insane usage, and he delivered, but I can think of a few guys over the last decade that could have done something similar given that opportunity. 

Everyone knows personal bias comes into these decisions so no surprise lindros is snubbed yet again.

It's a joke however that pronger is being inducted yet he's still able to be traded. This type of good ole boy treatment is the epitome of "Mickey Mouse organization" and is the biggest reason the NHL is a joke compared to other major NA sports leagues.

lets not get into semantics, I had to go look up the numbers but Bure was over 60 twice, was once at at 58 and once at 59. so for all intents and purposes pretty much a 60 goal scorer four times. He was among the best goalscorers in hockey for about 10 years and was by far more skilled than Lindros, and its not even close. He put up over 40 goals twice on Florida and won the Richard with linemates I don't even know who, Viktor Kozlov? I remember that one season he had 100 points and his next closest teammate had like 35.

For once the HHOF was right. Perhaps his commitment to defense was lesser, but by the same token if I'm starting a team I'm easily drafting Bure before grabbing Lindros. It's like saying you'd rather have Parise than Stamkos. Both elite players, but one borders on generational while the other is a great player.

You got into semantics when you said Bure is a 4 time 60 goal scorer and Lindros never scored 45.  Well, Lindros scored 47 one year, so that was already wrong, but it was an attempt at a semantical argument since no one ever talks about 45 goal scorers.  Nevertheless, Bure scored 9 empty net goals in 2000 - no one in the league had more than 3.  He scored 4 more ENG in 2001 - Jagr and Scott Walker beat him out that year, but that's still a lot of goals that hardly increased his team's win probability.  Just throwing that out there.

Lindros's dominance between 93-94 and 99-00 is almost unmatched - Jagr's probably better, maybe Forsberg's equal, and then there's really no one else.  He was 2nd in points per game to Jagr, 2nd in +/- only to his own linemate LeClair, 8th in goals despite missing basically a full season's worth of games in that time, and he's only .04 goals per game behind Bure over that stretch.  

You can go ahead and take Bure first, but Bure was merely an elite goal scorer - Lindros was an elite goal scorer, and a ridiculous play maker, and a ridiculous play driver.  The game has not seen his talents since - Lindros looked almost too big to play the game of hockey, but he played it incredibly well.

All good ole boy stuff aside, I don't see how Pronger is a first ballet HOFer

idk I never really understood the big deal about first ballot... Either a guy is a HOF or not. If someone gets in on the first ballot it doesn't mean they were necessarily a better player than someone who gets in on the 2nd or 3rd. Just my opinion though.

Edited by dmann422