Cory Schneider is an All-Star

MadDog2020

2 hours ago, SMantzas said:

Think Palmieri or Cammalleri should be there over Backstrom. I even think Kuznetsov has a better argument

Cammalleri does, but I think they're probably keeping tabs on his injury status and decided to play it safe and give it to another (worthy) participant. And I agree, I might've gone with Kuznetsov, although Backstrom still has name and the brand behind him.

• Like 1

So happy for Cory.  He's done nothing but play very well most of the time since coming here, and you never hear him bitching or moaning or blaming anyone else...handled a tough first season here with complete class, though everyone on Earth (Cory included I'm sure) except for Marty knew that Cory was the better player and should've gotten at least 55 games that year.  A good soldier who's quite good to boot.  As far as following up a legend goes, it couldn't have gone any better...just sucks that he's 29 going on 30 and not 23 or 24 (though with less wear-and-tear than some other goalies his age).  And that's where the conflict is...on one hand, we need to be patient with much of the team, but on the other, the time is kind of now for Cory...not urgently so, but if he starts getting antsy in a couple of seasons if the team isn't moving forward into true contender status, I can't say I'd blame him.  Will be interesting to see what happens if Blackwood looks like he's going to be a can't-miss stud in 2-3 years.