2016 New York Jets thread

NJDevs4978

28 minutes ago, CRASHER said:

Let's not get ridiculous here :P

Considering Todd Bowles was a free safety IN THE NFL, it's mind-boggling this secondary's as bad as it is.  But yeah Rutgers or any FBS team could move the ball on them.  Most of these guys are so wide open it looks like Michigan playing against Rutgers.  I mean Ben's 25-37 for 282 so far but he could easily be 31-37 for 400 if Coates and his other WR's didn't drop so many balls.

And when you basically quit on an offsides play and allow a 5 yard play to be a 25-yard play because of not even attempting to cover someone that's bad.  Bowles is losing this team in record time.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Bowles makes Terry Collins look like a genius :lol:

I mean if you're going to waste a challenge on something that's got a 0% chance of being overturned at least go for it on 4th and inches instead of running your defense who can't stop jack **** back on the field.

And go ahead, keep playing that stupid zone when you're down 11, getting picked apart and getting no pressure.  Keep going with the same garbage game plan that isn't working.

And now ANOTHER gutless punt on 4th and 2 at midfield with 7:30 to go and a defense that still can't stop anyone...Todd's tapping out on this game.

And for the coup de grace, calling a timeout on a dead ball with less than two minutes remaining and getting scored on anyway :argh:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Bowles looks about as helpless, confused, and out of his league as any Jets coach since Kotite. He is completely overwhelmed and stupified

If this continues he needs to go. The Jets have been so outclassed and out everythinged that you cannot keep him employed. 

I didnt expect 5-0 after 5...but, I expected a better football product and I expected a team that didnt underachieve and look as dumb as this one does.

I'm pretty sure any day now we'll hear Deckers shoulder isn't getting any better and he's gone for the season.

This team will be 1-6, then they get the Browns and Dolphins. I can see them giving us a 4-6 tease before New England dismantles them around Thanksgiving.

The Jets lead the league in most passing plays allowed of 40+ yards. That's disgraceful. This secondary should not be the worst in the NFL. And you have a secondary minded head coach who is far too conservative and makes no adjustments and is out-coached every week.

Lots of vets here. Curious to see if Bowles ends up losing the room by the end of the season. He's very stone faced and seems to not be a good communicator. 

38 minutes ago, '7' said:

Eric Decker to the IR as his, and likely the Jets season is over.

5-11 is probably coming, maybe 4-12. 

One positive:  Bowles could get canned.  After his last game, I agree with everyone who's unhappy with him...there's just nothing there.  A lot of WTF decisions. 

I understood both why the Jets decided to bring Fitzpatrick back, and why they did it 100% on their terms...under the circumstances, he was worth the risk.  But this should be his last year as a Jet.  He is what he is, and is just as capable of having a year like last season as he is blowing up.  And I wouldn't even give him all of 2016 if the team keeps losing. 

I've always wondered if the Jets would ever take a shot at Philip Rivers.  He's got a no-trade, but sometimes those get waived.  They can always see what one of their non-Geno (who will gone anyway) young QBs has in 2017.   

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One positive:  Bowles could get canned.  After his last game, I agree with everyone who's unhappy with him...there's just nothing there.  A lot of WTF decisions. 

I understood both why the Jets decided to bring Fitzpatrick back, and why they did it 100% on their terms...under the circumstances, he was worth the risk.  But this should be his last year as a Jet.  He is what he is, and is just as capable of having a year like last season as he is blowing up.  And I wouldn't even give him all of 2016 if the team keeps losing. 

I've always wondered if the Jets would ever take a shot at Philip Rivers.  He's got a no-trade, but sometimes those get waived.  They can always see what one of their non-Geno (who will gone anyway) young QBs has in 2017.   

It's going to be Petty in 2016. They are super high on him within the org and he well outperformed Geno during training camp and pre season.The only reason Geno is still here is Petty had an injury last pre season game and they had to keep Smith as a backup.

Fitz is done after this year as a Jet. He actually played ok vs a tough Seattle defense and was good vs. Pittsburgh. He's better than what we had in Sanchez and Geno but he's very rarely a difference maker. Our horrific pass D is the reason we lost the past two games. Hate to say it but Rex Ryan regularly, sometimes with far worse talent, got better and more competitive defensive efforts than what was seen vs KC/Sea/Pitt. Honestly if you had Rex coaching the D with the Jets current offense (which isn't great but not a dumpster fire either. They can move the ball) This team could be 2-3 or even 3-2. O

And let's not forget Revis just totally falling off a cliff. He wasn't dominant last year but he was still very good. This year he looks like he doesn't belong in the league.

At 1-6 I'm probably going straight to Petty if his shoulder is ok. If not they maybe go to Geno as a last chance. But the last 5 games or so of the season I'd like Petty to be the guy. I look at some of his pre season throws today on youtube and he has an absolute cannon.

As for next year...I don't think Rivers is going anywhere. He's got a bunch of kids, is entrenched out in California. Plus he's no kid himself anymore. If the Chargers decide to move on from him he either retires or goes to another left coast.

If the Jets decide Petty is not ready yet then I actually think there is a strong possibility Tony Romo is the placeholder for next season. Maybe even Tannehill. I can't see Miami wanting to take things much further then him. 

And the drafting of Hackenberg with the type of project he is really perplexes me. 2nd round for this guy really? Like we didn't need a corner or offensive lineman? Like we couldn't use Tyler Boyd right about now? (I know he's not a world beater but he's a receiver who is contributing)

Maccagnan I think is a good GM. He's quick with roster repairs. He's on top of things unlike Idzik. They just brought in Jeremy Butler who had 31 catches in 8 games last year. Sefarian-Jenkins was a good pickup to replace Amaro, another Idzik train wreck. Steve McLendon has been good, Darryl Roberts out of nowhere had a tremendous game last week. Maccagnan is the right guy. Now he just has to find the right coach.

This team has good talent up and down the roster. You can't expect a perfect stacked team with no weaknesses anywhere. Nor can you expect a year where nobody gets hurt. We lost Decker...well guess what other teams have lost other guys for the year too. And there are season ending injuries yet to come for other squads. I think we have good receiver depth now with Jalin Marshall and Peake and Bobby Anderson have shown to be at least competent with the potential to be good. Enunwa has been very good...very physical, gets open, goes down the middle, and bringing him down is akin to tackling a tight end. He may catch 85-90 passes this year.

The fact that Bowles has this team underachieving to this extent is very troubling. 

Edited by '7'

True shame.  Feel for his family.  I remember everything that happened with him (and his recovery) very clearly.  Sad ending to an amazing story.

This one really bugs me. The guy had a promising career, cut short with a terrible injury where doctors thought he would never regain feeling below his chest. He ends up walking again, he is an all around great guy, principled man, family man...and then this happens thanks to some idiot speeding in the wrong lane. Life isnt fair. Sometimes it REALLY isn't unfair.

It's really time to start planning for a new coach. This team has too much talent to look this dumb, this stupified, this hopeless, this undisciplined, this unprepared.

This *looks* like a Kotite team. That 1-15 team. This looks like them. 

lol RIGHT UP THE GUT on the goalline, how does that even happen?!  You have to actively be trying to let them score to have a hole that wide open up the middle on 2nd and goal from the 2, like Holmgren in the Super Bowl.

At least they're making it easy to go to sleep.  

Edited by NJDevs4978

That PI on Skrine was borderline criminal. And it put 7 on the board for Arizona. Palmer basically throws it 5 yards out of bounds. Not even trying to hit the receiver. Some incidental contact downfield. PI. 25 free yards for AZ. 

Football is a joke nowadays. You cannot have that penalty get called. 

14 minutes ago, '7' said:

Bowles is so so terrible. Honestly I would fire him now and let Gailey take the team for the year. 

Bowles has taken one of the most pathetic 2nd year coach nose dives I have ever seen. He is totally incapable. 

It would probably take a 2-14, 3-13 to get him fired this year.  Unless he isn't really Macc's guy and it was a forced arrangement.

That play calling to start the 3rd

Forte into the teeth of the line for 1

Forte into the teeth of the line for 0

Dump off to Powell for 4. Punt

This is so absurdly embarrassing. I have no idea how after 10-6 everybody seemingly went stupid overnight.

And boy those refs never miss a call against us. Eagle eyes gotta call the Jets for 20 penalties a game. 

Edited by '7'

33 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It would probably take a 2-14, 3-13 to get him fired this year.  Unless he isn't really Macc's guy and it was a forced arrangement.

I really dont get how this could transpire so quickly. He didnt look this bad last season. But I've seen so many awful signs and so much horrific coaching, lack of adjustment, no comprehension of clock management, no comprehension of how or when to use your time outs. Vanilla D. Outcoached by everybody. Unprepared, quitting on games

It has fallen apart so much that he has to go. They will go 3-13. 

These are the John MacLean Devils. Remember when Lemaire took over and he was like "yea they...forgot how to play hockey"

They forgot how to play football. I would fire him after the game this team looks so inept. 

Talent wise they have no excuse to be this bad. This is an outright quit job. And it cannot be redeemed

Edited by '7'

Time to close the book on Fitzpatrick. Geno is an idiot but...at this point who cares. Throw him in. Or Hackenburg. Whoever. Doesnt matter. This team has no heart or direction.

And it's not all on Fitz. He hasnt played great but Toilet Bowles, that great defensive coach that he is, is putting him in comeback mode all the time. He is in 3rd and long comeback mode...all the time. Good qb's have a hard time succeeding in those circumstances.

Edited by '7'