In Russia NHL returns you. Kovalchuk staying in KHL.

Derlique

10 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

He was asking for too much salary so nobody was interested in a sign and trade, perhaps?

In any event, as the article said, someone will sign him as a UFA next year, if he's willing to play for what they'll pay. 

Q: Why did you sign 1-year deal?
A: Because in my age I need to go year-by-year.

He's full of sh!t, pretty much just saving face at this point.

Also, I think it was actually @Pepperkorn who said this years ago but.. you can tell there's something crazy behind those eyes.

Edited by Devilsfan118

@1:19-1:21 of that video...yikes.

Looked like he didn't want to be answering any questions, that's for sure. 

My brother married a Russian and I deal with some Russians in my line of work (and my wife watches the trainwreck that is 90-day fiancé, and Anfisa...good lord)...and for lack of better words, this is just kind of how they are.  They're just kind of different, and have this sort of deadpan aloof blasé (borderline cold) air about them.  Obviously haven't met hundreds of them, but that's been my experience. 

On 7/11/2017 at 10:22 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

@1:19-1:21 of that video...yikes.

Looked like he didn't want to be answering any questions, that's for sure. 

My brother married a Russian and I deal with some Russians in my line of work (and my wife watches the trainwreck that is 90-day fiancé, and Anfisa...good lord)...and for lack of better words, this is just kind of how they are.  They're just kind of different, and have this sort of deadpan aloof blasé (borderline cold) air about them.  Obviously haven't met hundreds of them, but that's been my experience. 

Nope, it's very very very much a thing. Russians of a certain age either grew up during Soviet rule or in the wake of their fall. From my experience, the whole loud, obnoxious, funny/laughing, entertaining American (or Southern European) demeanor is a strange concept for them, they actually view that personality type with distrust, like "What do you heff to be so heppy about?" 

Their sense of humor is also extremely dry and dark, it's actually pretty great once you get used to it.

Edited by DJ Eco