July 2017 Devils' Development Camp Thread

Triumph

48 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm a little surprised about that -- you'd think, especially with the backlash received after the unveiling, that they'd want to get the new jerseys out in the spotlight as quickly as possible and try to form an embrace among the fans.  I guess maybe they want to save it for opening night and make it more special, and also have the actual guys who make the roster sport the new ones rather than a bunch of prospects, but it's still a little surprising.

Well, if you look at the volume of negative responses and anger that followed every tweet or instagram post about the jersey, why would they want to keep pushing this? It's very bad PR to keep upsetting your fans. Now if you look at the responses to the pics they recently posted, people are happy to see the Devils looking good again. Isn't that what everybody wants?

Edited by '7'
  • Like 2

I doubt there is some plan to suppress the new jerseys.  Either the stock has not come in yet from Adidas or they are just wanting to use up old stock.  There is a good chance players like McLeod and Quenneville are using the same practice jerseys that they used last year in development and training camp.

10 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I doubt there is some plan to suppress the new jerseys.  Either the stock has not come in yet from Adidas or they are just wanting to use up old stock.  There is a good chance players like McLeod and Quenneville are using the same practice jerseys that they used last year in development and training camp.

It's not good though to have the Devils display crap jerseys in a debut that would make the Shockmaster double over laughing, then hit the ice in development camp looking great and netting positive reviews, THEN going back to crap? Adidas can easily come up with enough of whatever. Something is weird here.

• Like 1

Yea but did they get to the important stuff like asking Hischier what he thinks of the new jersey's and whether we should go back to the old ones?!?!?! 

Very disappointed with the camp so far.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's not good though to have the Devils display crap jerseys in a debut that would make the Shockmaster double over laughing, then hit the ice in development camp looking great and netting positive reviews, THEN going back to crap? Adidas can easily come up with enough of whatever. Something is weird here.

Other teams are either having or about to have their development/rookie camps too.  If they are wearing old Reebok stock then I think we can put the tinfoil hats away.

8 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Other teams are either having or about to have their development/rookie camps too.  If they are wearing old Reebok stock then I think we can put the tinfoil hats away.

booo. Thanks for the tease Devils. You'll continue to hear about it until you learn

• Like 2

booo. Thanks for the tease Devils. You'll continue to hear about it until you learn

The good news is those of us who want to get Nico jerseys with the old (read: correct) style and not have them be inaccurate can do so now. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

The good news is those of us who want to get Nico jerseys with the old (read: correct) style and not have them be inaccurate can do so now. emoji106.png

Very true, #33 Reebok Hischier jerseys are now accurate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

They've done some weird stuff for camp jerseys over the years, patched over logos, recycled jerseys, etc. Not surprised at all to not see the Adidas ones out there.

Think about it from Adidas' perspective, makes more sense to debut the jerseys all at once on opening night rather than leak them out in rookie camps. 

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

They've done some weird stuff for camp jerseys over the years, patched over logos, recycled jerseys, etc. Not surprised at all to not see the Adidas ones out there.

Think about it from Adidas' perspective, makes more sense to debut the jerseys all at once on opening night rather than leak them out in rookie camps. 

That's probably the explanation for it.

When the Devils switched to the red, white and black template back starting the 92/93 season, they actually wore recycled red, white and green jerseys from the previous pre-seasons (their preseason jerseys had screened names, numbers and even crests).  They waited until the first regular season game of the season to debut the new design.

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

In '92-'93, the Devils didn't break out the red and blacks until after the preseason, so maybe that's what happens here (I'm guessing we'll see the new jerseys during preseason games at the latest, unless there's going to be some league-wide regular season-only debut of ALL of the Adidas jerseys that I'm not aware of).  But yeah, for a development camp like this, might as well use what you've already got in house, even if the Devils did have access to new product this early.  Would love to snag that Hischier jersey if it ever became available, heh heh.  Kind of funny, I'm already starting to think of him as #33...I kind of hope he sticks with it. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Boy driving here during rush hour sucks lol I'm glad I didn't come any earlier to just wait on line. The 5 buck parking is nice though. Easily got a decent seat  without having to wait on any lines. There are 4 teams and 3 games. 

Here's the roster sheet.. 

2v01jxd.jpg 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

You know it's early training camp when you see all of those high numbers.  And you know you're getting old when the players you watched for years now have practice squads named after them...not to mention that all but one of those namesakes haven't been on the ice as a Devil in over a decade.  Guess eventually we'll be seeing a Team Elias too...yikes...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5

I can tell from this he is a prolific skater and puckhandler already and can play in the NHL from day 1, full season. He's going to get very little from not playing in the NHL. There really is no doubt anymore

• Like 2

I'm always amazed at how crowded these things are in the middle of the week. Place is almost full now. I guess nobody works lol 

It's the summer and kids are off from school, so I guess a lot of people took a personal and brought their kids. Glad to hear it's full though, that's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk