GDT: 11/7/17 Blues @ NJ Devils

CommonDreads

Just now, Devs3cups said:

Damn it

Players are gonna have to start getting held accountable for penalties. It's getting out of hand

Agreed, can't even think about being a playoff team if we keep making stupid penalties. At least vs Edmonton, the only one we took was Penalty Per Game Prout

Just now, jagknife said:

He hasn't been creating, nor finishing. Without looking, he's had 2 points in his last 5 or 6 games.

A lot of people here are quick to point out Henrique isn't as good as fans think he is and he's overvalued, but then other times will get on him the second he's not consistently on the score sheet... So which is it? What are the expectations? 

I think he's been doing fine. He's out there playing hard and I've seen him make some nice plays the last couple games, including defensively which he doesn't get a lot of credit for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

A lot of people here are quick to point out Henrique isn't as good as fans think he is and he's overvalued, but then other times will get on him the second he's not consistently on the score sheet... So which is it? What are the expectations? 

I think he's been doing fine. He's out there playing hard and I've seen him make some nice plays the last couple games, including defensively which he doesn't get a lot of credit for. 

Couldn't have said it any better

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He hasn't been bad but it'd be nice if some of the more skilled guys (other than Hall) could start finding the back of the net a bit more. Can't keep relying on Gibbons, Coleman, etc.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

My expectations are for him to put up second line points and be one of the offensive leaders of this team.

2 points in 9 games, 3 or fewer shots over that span except for the Ottawa game, that isn't helping our team. He's better than that, just hasn't found it recently.

And your first sentence pretty much makes a point of itself: He isn't on the score sheet consistently so he isn't as valuable as people think he is.

I don't agree with it, however, I think his intangibles do mean more than just offense, but he needs to get his offense going if this team is going to be successful. It is unrealistic to expect the rookies and guys like Gibbons to keep scoring at the pace they are.

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Rico is about as streaky a scorer as I've ever seen I think... And he doesn't score that much to begin with..

Yea, and to expect him to break out now while Palms is out is kind of unlikely. Rico had been asked to play musical chairs over the last few games with the lines too.