2018 WJC Thread

Derlique

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think you guys will run over the Czechs but Sweden is going to give them a close game. Definitely will be interesting. 

lolol i was like "where's the pun?!"

But yeah i actually think Sweden can win gold, i don't feel Canada is that strong this year. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

lolol i was like "where's the pun?!"

But yeah i actually think Sweden can win gold, i don't feel Canada is that strong this year. 

I ran out, was gonna say don't count your Swedish fish eggs before they hatch but that was meh lol

Canada hasn't really had to play a tough game yet so it's hard to judge them. I don't really count the outdoor game cause that was a sh!t show with the conditions. 

Horrible loss, no two ways around it. Scoring chances were few and far between, and that obviously wasn't going to bode well for a team that had problems finishing at times. Really wanted to see them win their first gold on US soil and win their first back to back. At least most of these kids that'll be ineligible next year had their moment last year. You felt it through the whole tourney, this group wasn't as talented as 2016 or as strong as a team as they were last year. I hope Tkachuk is back next year and that Yamamoto, Middlestadt, Fox, and the others aging out do special things for the senior team one day. 

Can't hate on the Bills jerseys too much. The outdoor game was a really special event, and the result was obviously great. I don't understand why they wore them again, though. 

On 1/2/2018 at 7:15 PM, LittleBallofHate said:

Two angles :evil:  Also: 

Ian Pulz Retweeted Chris Peters‏ Verified account @chrismpeters 

Fabian Zetterlund (NJD) scored one of the nicest goals I’ve seen in the WJC (goal of tournament still Mittelstadt’s. Long rush, great moves and with GM Ray Shero in the house.

Nice goals. But I see he hasn't tallied a goal in Sweden in his 40 pro games.  So I have no clue what to make of that

Lucky to go into the intermission up a goal. I feel like USA Hockey squads are often more lethargic about bronze medal games than other countries. A medal is important, and they need to fight for one here. 

There's also the issue of this group just not being that good. I don't know if Motzko just didn't put a decent squad together, or if his message isn't getting across. It's not a talent issue. 

Mike Morreale‏ Verified account @mikemorrealeNHL

Ryan Poehling (MTL) takes a great pass from Joey Anderson (NJD) in the slot and buries it at :09 of the second. USA 2-0

Mike Morreale‏ Verified account @mikemorrealeNHL 

Brady Tkachuk centers the puck from low in the right circle and the puck deflected off the right skate of Joey Anderson, into the net. USA 3-0. CZE goalie Jakub Skarek replaces Korenar, after the latter allows 3 goals on 16 shots.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
update

The guys on Spittn Chiclets interviewed Brady Tkachuk and he was talking about the Russia game. He said it was Joey Anderson's leadership that got them to the win and it was him telling them to keep pushing for the next goal after they scored the equalizer that rallied the team.

High praise from a guy who's family has been in hockey for the better part of 2 decades.

• Like 4