2018 WJC Thread

Derlique

25 minutes ago, hrasvalg said:

I think it was like 3 swimmers that gave away their gold medals at the world cup this year. Are they bad people too?

Little different to do out of being nice and doing it because you’re being a sore loser. I honestly can’t believe this is even being argued about. 

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Difference? Not a Ranger. 

yep!

nah it's a year later, and I think the message it's let's not settle for this one this time around.

If it was a Devils' pick I would feel the same way.  It's a bad look imo.

Now I still believe in the whole league and it's officials are out to screw us every game.  Black helicopters  officals secret screw the devils handshake all that sh!t is real. :)

12 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Thanks

You can't be surprised that someone on a forum of an American NHL team hates Canadian hockey fans. Most non Canadians that follow international hockey do. 

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Then maybe he should have just taken it home and stick it in a box or given to a family member or something. Seems disrespectful to just chuck it into the stands in front of your entire team that worked hard to earn that medal. The guy that gave him the medal kissed it ffs, it definitely means something to most people. For the record I thought it was super douchey before I even knew he was a Rangers prospect. Just wasn’t a good look, IMO. 

Yea I mean he can do what he wants with his medal, but it is super disrespectful to his teammates and to the competition. It's hard for these kids to realize how lucky they are to have the natural talent and support to play among the best in the world at their age. 

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he’s not a huge douche, maybe he just doesn’t collect memorabilia and he’s not sentimental about it.

No wait, Rangers draft pick, instant douche. Never mind.

This is the correct answer.

Edited by MadDog2020

I really don't care that the kid threw his medal into the crowd I'm more amused that the guy who caught it had 3 jerseys on and the last one was a Swedish jersey, what are the odds of that? Lmao 

In all honesty nobody gives a sh!t who finishes second place and I don't blame him for feeling the same way. I probably wouldn't have tossed it into the crowd but I certainly wouldn't put it in my trophy case. I'd always rather have a guy who hates finishing second over someone who is content with it. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I really don't care that the kid threw his medal into the crowd I'm more amused that the guy who caught it had 3 jerseys on and the last one was a Swedish jersey, what are the odds of that? Lmao  

I think the lunatic wearing 3 jerseys was definitely lost in all of this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

In all honesty nobody gives a sh!t who finishes second place and I don't blame him for feeling the same way. I probably wouldn't have tossed it into the crowd but I certainly wouldn't put it in my trophy case. I'd always rather have a guy who hates finishing second over someone who is content with it. 

He's skating in the top competition of hockey at his age group. If him and his teammates left it all on the ice, they should all be proud of what they accomplished in my opinion. 

Paul Castron's thoughts on our prospects at the WJC: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/castrons-take-devils-wjc-players/c-294779384

Also thought this was interesting:  Mike Morreale‏ Verified account @mikemorrealeNHL

The #NJDevils had 7 prospects at the @WJCinBUF. My breakout star of that group (the one that surprised w/ how well he played) was Sweden's Fabian Zetterlund (2017, 3rd Rd). Can play a grind/checking role; used speed/body well. Can also play on a top line as shooter. @NJDevils