GDT: Game 2 - Devils at Lightning - 14 April @ 3pm Eastern

jagknife

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

too late to make roster moves :)  he could throw them all in the lineup and it doesn't bring more defense.  It is what it is and it's not pretty after the top pair.  But I'm sure nobody understands that more than Shero.  I would expect some new blood next season and a couple of these guys hopefully put out to pasture. Although the only two not under contract are Santini and Moore.

I think there will be new faces, and hopefully an expensive one. I’m ready to bring in the best free agent d-man available and overpay him like we’d have to. It’s what we need to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

too late to make roster moves :)  he could throw them all in the lineup and it doesn't bring more defense.  It is what it is and it's not pretty after the top pair.  But I'm sure nobody understands that more than Shero.  I would expect some new blood next season and a couple of these guys hopefully put out to pasture. Although the only two not under contract are Santini and Moore.

It’s not pretty on the top pair. Greene is one of the biggest problems. 

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s not pretty on the top pair. Greene is one of the biggest problems. 

I think Greene is getting the same treatment as Lovejoy last year.  Getting asked to play way above his head, and he's getting exposed as a result.

A bottom pairing of Lovejoy-Greene would probably be pretty decent.  Instead we have Greene facing the league's best.

Just now, titans04 said:

I was trying to be kind to the old man, but you're right once you get passed Butcher and SV there's nothing to talk about.

It’s really frustrating Severson isn’t showing any signs of getting better. So much potential. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s really frustrating Severson isn’t showing any signs of getting better. So much potential. 

His offensive game has come along but not as much as we'd like, considering his mediocre defensive play. Considering how difficult it is to acquire good defensemen, we really need him to step up and be a dependable second-pair defenseman, but it just hasn't happened. Frustrating, like you say.

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

If we force Greene to retire, I'm okay keeping Lovejoy as a 6/7th dman.

Moore, on the other hand, has wilted down the stretch, just like his partner Severson did.

If the NHL had a designated hitter position then that would be Moore. Defensively he's a waste of a spot. Lovejoy, is a good 7th. Wish Severson could be our #1 but it is what it is, if we could sign someone like DeHann or Carlson to plop onto the first pairing alongside Vat, we could then keep players where they should be accordingly, but Greene would need to retire for that to happen as well. Love Greene, but it's time for him to make the decision that is in the teams best interest.

• Like 2