official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

34 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

So we're decorating the tree tonight and I have A Christmas Story on in the background, I go into our basement closet that has all my mother's old ceramic decorations, I'm digging around looking for stuff. And then out of the corner of my eye, tucked into the back of the room up on a shelf, I see a rifle. 

Turns out, this particular rifle was my late father's Red Ryder carbine-action, 200 shot, range model air rifle.

I don't believe in "ghosts" or spirits per se, but my dad was definitely here with us tonight lol.  

i actually watched A Christmas Story 3 yesterday. It just came out and Ralphie is back with a ton of the original cast. I was expecting it to be horrible but it was sort of enjoyable. Lots of nostalgia

29 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i actually watched A Christmas Story 3 yesterday. It just came out and Ralphie is back with a ton of the original cast. I was expecting it to be horrible but it was sort of enjoyable. Lots of nostalgia

I saw the trailer for that earlier and I'm actually pretty excited to give it a watch. Looks like they found a good mix of nostalgia/goofiness without making it seem like a cheap cash-grab remake 

7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I saw the trailer for that earlier and I'm actually pretty excited to give it a watch. Looks like they found a good mix of nostalgia/goofiness without making it seem like a cheap cash-grab remake 

i fully expected a cheap cash-grab remake. But watching i was like.... you know what.... this is actually okay lol

39 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Haven’t watched it yet, I keep forgetting. It’s tech week for my daughter’s Christmas show which means a lot of sitting in my car waiting for her, so I will put that on my list. 

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I was curious about this.  The main criticism I've heard is that it almost seems like the whole thing is too much about shoving in Easter eggs all over the place that harken back to the original, but even with that, the reviews that I've read said that it's really not bad.  

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:24 PM, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yeah this deserves a full and complete investigation that I'm almost sure won't ever happen 

On 12/10/2022 at 8:20 AM, jagknife said:

One of the rare times I like my conspiracy theory better than the quite possibly reality.

great finds, dude sounds like he just worked himself to death covering the sport he loved.

i am sure the stress + whatever of the detention didn’t help

His wife said he had an aneurysm and nothing suspicious about his passing...

https://grantwahl.substack.com/p/a-note-from-grants-wife-celine-gounder?r=3lltl&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

"An autopsy was performed by the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. Grant died from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium. The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him. His death was unrelated to COVID. His death was unrelated to vaccination status. There was nothing nefarious about his death."

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

His wife said he had an aneurysm and nothing suspicious about his passing...

https://grantwahl.substack.com/p/a-note-from-grants-wife-celine-gounder?r=3lltl&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

"An autopsy was performed by the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. Grant died from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium. The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him. His death was unrelated to COVID. His death was unrelated to vaccination status. There was nothing nefarious about his death."

Once an aortic aneurysm ruptures, unless you are in a hospital and get emergency surgery immediately, you are almost guaranteed to die. Pressure in the chest is the most reported symptom, sometiems people think its a heart attack coming on. 

Unfortunately, there would have been no way to save him. Don't ignore chest pain, boys. ANY chest pain is potentially bad news. 

Very sad. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 9:47 PM, RunninWithTheDevil said:

These things are always just a nostalgia based cash grab it seems - like others have said the reviews look.. not great. 

Going to give it a shot but I feel like so many of these "revived" movies always end up terrible.

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

These things are always just a nostalgia based cash grab it seems - like others have said the reviews look.. not great. 

Going to give it a shot but I feel like so many of these "revived" movies always end up terrible.

It really is amazing how it’s not just only reboots anymore…now it’s revivals with actors reprising roles 20-40 years after first playing them.  Cobra Kai has seen damned near EVERYONE show up, so many years after the fact.  

• Like 3

Henry Cavill out officially as Superman, DC is such a mess and it's amazing they now have the whole future of whatever they are doing hooked on the flash movie thats starred by a sh!t bag person. I'd love to see Cavill as James Bond. 

Cavills message here... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmK7eLWJ0as/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Judge’s 62nd home run ball sold at auction for $1.5 million. Great payday for catching a ball, but the owner actually received and turned down a $3m offer prior to the auction. 

I would love $1.5m, but I would never recover from losing out on the other $1.5m. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Judge’s 62nd home run ball sold at auction for $1.5 million. Great payday for catching a ball, but the owner actually received and turned down a $3m offer prior to the auction. 

I would love $1.5m, but I would never recover from losing out on the other $1.5m. 

Especially after all the taxes they take out