Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Jack needs a huge night tonight if he's gonna hit 100 points. Needs 13 points in 7 games. 

I don't see him hitting 50 goals but if he has a big night tonight maybe he can tie Gionta's record of 48. 

I don’t see either realistically happening. Maybe still has a shot at Patty’s points record (96), but even that will probably be tough unless he really heats back up. 

Still, I think we all would have signed up for a 90+ point season at age 21. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t see either realistically happening. Maybe still has a shot at Patty’s points record (96), but even that will probably be tough unless he really heats back up. 

Still, I think we all would have signed up for a 90+ point season at age 21. 

Absolutely thrilled with Jack this year so not complaining about it, just really rooting for him cause I'm sure we all wanna see those records broken. Goals really feels out of reach but with secondary assists if we can blow some teams out in the remaining games there's a glimmer of hope for 100 points lol

• Like 1

Jack pulls to within 6 points of PWM:

Jack:  40 G, 49 A, 89 Pts

PWM:  41 G, 54 A, 95 Pts

Jack can doooooooooo it!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

11 points in 6 games to hit 100, basically needs a multi point every game, gonna be hard but certainly not impossible for him especially if he has a game or two with 3 points. Come on Jack! 

Yeah will be difficult but still very much a possibility at this point.  Would be nice to see him get a four-pointer in there somewhere (hopefully against the BJs).

• Like 2

Jack is now tied with Brian Gionta with 89 points in a season for 5th in Devils history. Next up is Taylor Hall with 93 and then Parise and Muller with 94, then Patty’s 96. Truly amazing what this kid is doing so young in his career. He will hold so many records for this team. 

He also currently holds the record for points per game in a season at 1.24. I can’t wait to see what he does in his prime. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Jack is now tied with Brian Gionta with 89 points in a season for 5th in Devils history

I love Gio, he’s one of my top 5 “non rafters” Devils ever, but man, what an anomaly that 06 season ended up being. He never came anywhere close to that again (60 points was his 2nd highest season). He also never scored 30 goals again, let alone 40+.

That post-lockout season was truly bizarre. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I love Gio, he’s one of my top 5 “non rafters” Devils ever, but man, what an anomaly that 06 season ended up being. He never came anywhere close to that again (60 points was his 2nd highest season). He also never scored 30 goals again, let alone 40+.

That post-lockout season was truly bizarre. 

It being the first season without the two line pass probably had a lot to do with it 

21 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

It being the first season without the two line pass probably had a lot to do with it 

Plus they were calling everything a penalty that season. You couldn’t even breathe too hard on someone. 

Gio had 24 PPG that year, so literally half of his season total. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Out of curiosity I checked to see who’s leading the team this season in PPG and Jack, Bratt, and Dougie are all tied with 8. Ffs the PP is awful. 

“Only 8 PPGs each is a problem? Huh” - walks away from the press conference.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Plus they were calling everything a penalty that season. You couldn’t even breathe too hard on someone. 

Gio had 24 PPG that year, so literally half of his season total. 

I basically throw that 2005-06 season out.  A lot of statistical anomalies that year due to the insane amount of penalties called, especially over the first couple of months.  Was a very odd year.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Out of curiosity I checked to see who’s leading the team this season in PPG and Jack, Bratt, and Dougie are all tied with 8. Ffs the PP is awful. 

The Devils’ power play is currently 16th in the NHL and their success rate is just a tick below league average.  Sure doesn’t feel like that though. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Devils’ power play is currently 16th in the NHL and their success rate is just a tick below league average.  Sure doesn’t feel like that though. 

Entirely perception based cause I’m too lazy to look, but they were scorching early, especially during the lucky 13, but recently going what feels like games between PPGs had brought the percentage painfully low

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That’s pretty underwhelming for a team that has Hughes, Bratt, Hischier, Meier, Hamilton. I would expect top 10 at least. 

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Entirely perception based cause I’m too lazy to look, but they were scorching early, especially during the lucky 13, but recently going what feels like games between PPGs had brought the percentage painfully low

The power play clicked at a 20.7% rate during that 21-4-1 start.

They’ve actually been pretty steady (they been around 21% for much of the season), but they absolutely don’t feel as “good” as their middle-of-the-road power play suggests.  

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s pretty underwhelming for a team that has Hughes, Bratt, Hischier, Meier, Hamilton. I would expect top 10 at least. 

No arguments here…they should be better than they are…at the very best, they should at least LOOK better.  A lot of ugly power plays for where they’re ranked.

PWM with a goal, Jack with a last-second assist yesterday.

Jack:  73 GP, 40 G, 50 A, 90 Pts

PWM:  234 GP, 42 G, 54 A, 96 Pts

Jack pulls to within 5 of PWM.

And since it's been a while:

Mercer:  160 GP, 44 G, 53 A, 97 Pts

PWM:  234 GP, 42 G, 54 A, 96 Pts

Lafreniere:  211 GP, 47 G, 43 A, 90 Pts

Will be interesting to see how much of Dawson's increased goal-scoring is due to puck luck...the main difference between this season and last overall is his shooting% (now at 17.4 for the season).  His ATOI is pretty much identical, and his SOG per game also hasn't changed much:  1.88 last season, 1.99 this season.  He's clearly going to the net more, so maybe his shooting% going forward will be on the higher side, but 17.4 is up there.

If nothing else changes much, I can see his goal total regressing a little next year...BUT, that's assuming his overall game is already sharply defined; I'm not convinced that it is.  I do think his shot volume will increase and make up for what figures to be a lower conversion rate.  But he's been a great story this year for sure...this kid is just 21 years old and in his second full year of pro hockey, with not a single minute of AHL hockey under his belt.  That's impressive sh!t.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’d be interested to see where Mercer would go in a redraft of that class. Honestly the only guy clearly ahead of him right now is Stutzle.

Crazy to think that Taylor Hall was traded for one of last night's top pairing defensemen and the player who scored a hat trick.

• Like 1