Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

@Satans Hockey here’s the ironic thing, re:  Valic*nt…if he genuinely had a bold take that he truly believed in and came up with legit and compelling reasons as to why he felt Kakko could at least merit a first-overall selection, even if I didn’t agree with him, I could respect it on some level.

Where he’s a total a$$clown is that he knew full well that Hughes was the consensus #1OA and that there was no way that the Devils were ever taking Kakko over him, so instead of simply building up Kakko in a way that made sense (as to how his skill set could help the Rangers down the line), he had to go for a Kakko vs Hughes/Rangers vs Devils fake storyline in a way that made him look like the blithering idiot that he is.  “Oh, Kakko’s going to be better just because he’s gonna be a Ranger and hey I was a Ranger too remember meeeeeee just like my man crush Lundqvist see see I’m one of US!”  And of course the dumbest fanbase in the NHL eats that sh!t up.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Barkov? Rags fans were comparing him Jagr. :lol:

Jagermeister?  They make the same faces watching him play I’m sure

image.thumb.jpeg.6c2540c7d895c67b12873c52640875aa.jpeg

• Haha 1

I saw this on HF Boards.   These are all of the Rangers top 10 draft picks since 1993. 😂   

1993 - Niklas Sundstrom (8)
1998 - Manny Malholtra (7)
1999 - Pavel Brendl (4)
1999 - Jamie Lundmark (9)
2001 - Dan Blackburn (10)
2004 - Al Montoya (6)
2010 - Dylan McIlrath (10)
2017 - Lias Andersson (7)
2018 - Vitali Kravtsov (9)
2019 - Kaapo Kakko (2)
2020 - Alexis Lafreniere (1)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Shocking 1

53 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I saw this on HF Boards.   These are all of the Rangers top 10 draft picks since 1993. 😂   

1999 - Pavel Brendl (4)
2004 - Al Montoya (6)
2019 - Kaapo Kakko (2)

DAAAAAAAAAMN that’s horrific.  I didn’t realize how badly they’d done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lateralous said:

1999 - Pavel Brendl (4)
2004 - Al Montoya (6)
2019 - Kaapo Kakko (2)

Woof. Never collect it in one picture in my mind. 

I was a fan of Blackburn but they overused him and his career was ruined by Injuries. Rangers were very lucky with goalies and still can't monetize it. I know its a trend to sh1t on Henrik, but Lundqvist is very respectful to the Devils organisation. And he was so talented, and in the end rangers did what they did with him after so many years of his great play. Its so damn sad that Rangers are the face of USA hockey organisations. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, jagknife said:

BUT LAF IS TURNING HIS CORNER! VALIQUETTE SAID SO!!! ITS THE REBOUND YEAR FOR A VERY HYPED CONSENSUS NUMBER ONE OVERALL!! NO GALLANT!!! BRIGHT LIGHTS!!! BROADWAY!!! BRAHHHHHHHHH

No goals and four assists over his last 12 games…and he’s getting Top 6 minutes. Wasn’t that the reason that Laf wasn’t putting up Jack numbers?  Not enough Top 6 minutes?  Because that’s how idiot Rangers fans were sure trying to sell it.

But on the plus side, looks like Top 6 minutes means that Laf has a shot to reach 40 points.  Which means the Ranger franchise will be sure to tweet something about that, because in Rangerland that’s great cause for celebration.  Any excuse to celebrate anything, the Rangers will find it.

• Haha 1