Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

So for those unfamiliar...some time ago I wondered aloud if Jack Hughes could finish his 2022-23 season with more points in this season alone than Kaapo Kakko will have managed for his entire career so far.  Obviously I'm assuming that neither one misses more than a couple of games, but the idea is that hopefully both play in all 82 games this year...neither has missed any games to date.

So far:

Hughes (2022-23):  44 GP, 29 G, 26 A, 55 Points

Kakko (career):  202 GP, 35 G, 43 A, 78 Points

The above seems like a lot to overcome at quick glance, but if they continue at their current paces for this season:

Hughes finishes with 102 or 103 points

Kakko finishes with about 36 or 37 points and will have a career total of 94 or 95 points.

So this is really quite doable...and man will it be hilarious if (when?) it actually happens.  But hey, in Kakko's defense, he played with men and possession metrics (because apparently that's the latest way that everyone involved with the Rangers tries to spin Kakko's awesomeness).

C'MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON JACK!

Last night:  One goal for Jack, two assists for Kakko   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The way Jack has been playing, I’m not sure it’s that big of a deficit to overcome. 

Jack has a huge advantage in that he does something that Kakko can't (to date)...he generates TONS of shots, and converts at an excellent rate (4.52 SOG per game, 14.6 shooting% this season).  Kakko's 2022-23 numbers:  1.71 SOG per game, 11.7 shooting%.

And yeah when you consider that Kakko had a 58-0 point "headstart" when the season unfolded, you realize how much ground Hughes has already made up, heh heh.  He's already shaved 35 points off Kakko's lead and it's barely past the halfway point of the season.  

No points for Kakko tonight.

C’mon Jack, yet another opportunity to close the gap!

• Like 1

Jack picks up an assist against the Kraken.

Jack:  56 points

Kakko:  78 points

• Like 4

I made the mistake of posting this whole thing over at HF…didn’t go over well at all…I was basically told how stupid it was to track this, that is was time to move on from Kakko-Hughes, etc.  All the more reason why I like it HERE.

Jack with a goal and an assist to up his total to 58 points.  Kakko so far is pointless through two periods tonight.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Kakko with an assist on a LaFailiere goal.  Hopefully that’s it for him tonight.

40 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I made the mistake of posting this whole thing over at HF…didn’t go over well at all…I was basically told how stupid it was to track this, that is was time to move on from Kakko-Hughes, etc.  All the more reason why I like it HERE.

Jack with a goal and an assist to up his total to 58 points.  Kakko so far is pointless through two periods tonight.

Did you post it on the main board or the Devils section? I missed it over there

Devils section.  There was so much bitching that I asked for it to be deleted (which it was).  

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Empty netter.  Lame 

Yeah saw that.  Lame indeed.

Jack with two assists tonight…now up to 60 points (30 G and 30 A) through 47 GP.

Kakko currently sits at 80 career points (35 G and 45 A).

C’moooooooon Jack!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack with two assists tonight…now up to 60 points (30 G and 30 A) through 47 GP.

Kakko currently sits at 80 career points (35 G and 45 A).

C’moooooooon Jack!

I am soooo disappointed I blocked my loony cousin on Facebook...............He was one of those who literally told me Kakko "played with men"   HAHAHA

damn I wish I hadn't 🙂

Edited by Jimmy Leeds
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

I am soooo disappointed I blocked my loony cousin on Facebook...............He was one of those who literally told me Kakko "played with men"   HAHAHA

damn I wish I hadn't 🙂

What's funny is that I didn't mind Ranger fans wanting to tout their own guy once they didn't get Jack...that's fine.  But to treat it like selecting Kakko was an immediate win and that THAT'S the guy that they really wanted all along (here's looking at you, Steve "I'm Ranger Royalty" Valiquette)...that's where they just made complete asses out of themselves (as usual).  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What's funny is that I didn't mind Ranger fans wanting to tout their own guy once they didn't get Jack...that's fine.  But to treat it like selecting Kakko was an immediate win and that THAT'S the guy that they really wanted all along (here's looking at you, Steve "I'm Ranger Royalty" Valiquette)...that's where they just made complete asses out of themselves (as usual).  

That Valiquette is on the same crappy level as Glen Healy.  Two losers

• Like 1

Kakko with an assist tonight…up to 35 G and 46 A for 81 points career.  Jack trails by 21 points.

17 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

At least Glenn Healy was a decent goalie. Valiquette was a fvcking borderline NHL’er.

I mentioned it elsewhere but one of the more truly cringey moments was a postgame show where both Henrik and Valiquette were on together, and Valiquette basically said something like "I played goal, you played goal" (very loosely paraphrasing here)...to his credit Henrik didn't tell him to STFU on the spot, but at the same time he had a brief "Dude please don't mention yourself in the same breath as me" look on his face.

Look dude, you did actually make it to the NHL, and your numbers in limited action aren't that bad so congrats on that...you're definitely in a select crowd.  But stop trying to paint yourself as anything more than you were.  You were as forgettable as it gets, both in NHL history, and in Ranger history...though of course occasionally when you're trying to inject yourself into Ranger relevance, you did give up 10 goals once.  Guess that counts as memorable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I mentioned it elsewhere but one of the more truly cringey moments was a postgame show where both Henrik and Valiquette were on together, and Valiquette basically said something like "I played goal, you played goal" (very loosely paraphrasing here)...to his credit Henrik didn't tell him to STFU on the spot, but at the same time he had a brief "Dude please don't mention yourself in the same breath as me" look on his face.

Look dude, you did actually make it to the NHL, and your numbers in limited action aren't that bad so congrats on that...you're definitely in a select crowd.  But stop trying to paint yourself as anything more than you were.  You were as forgettable as it gets, both in NHL history, and in Ranger history...though of course occasionally when you're trying to inject yourself into Ranger relevance, you did give up 10 goals once.  Guess that counts as memorable.

Valiquette sitting with Patrick Roy: “You gave up 9 goals, i gave up 10, we’re like the same…”

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Haha 3