The OFFICIAL Off-Season Thread

jagknife

56 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Makes sense that some other team may want to get a jump on Severson given how thin the UFA pool is.  

Could probably get a 5th or 6th rounder for his rights.  If someone’s willing to give something up, why not?

• Like 2

I saw this on HF Boards.  Supposedly a pic of Timo decked out in Devils gear working out with Nico back in Switzerland.   Git-er-done Fitz!    

Screenshot_20230607-104844.png

Edit: Here's the source of it.  

https://twitter.com/GianniNJD/status/1666445963991367681?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1666445963991367681|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

IMG_4547.gif

Heh heh love this movie…during filming Shawn Andrews (who played Pickford) got on so many people’s nerves that he found more and more of his lines and scenes going to Matthew McConaughey (Wooderson), who got along with everyone a LOT better.  Apparently Andrews/Pickford both acted like he was a bigger deal than he really was, and was constantly ad-libbing even though he hadn’t been given the freedom to do so…meaning meticulously set-up shots would have to be done over, much to the consternation of cast and crew.

Jason London (Pink) finally had enough and actually got into a fistfight with Andrews.  That’s why if you watch, even when he and Andrews have scenes together, there’s very little dialogue between them.  The scene on the football field originally called for Pickford in place of Wooderson, but by that point no one really wanted to work with Andrews anymore, so the scene was rewritten.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh love this movie…during filming Shawn Andrews (who played Pickford) got on so many people’s nerves that he found more and more of his lines and scenes going to Matthew McConaughey (Wooderson), who got along with everyone a LOT better.  Apparently Andrews/Pickford both acted like he was a bigger deal than he really was, and was constantly ad-libbing even though he hadn’t been given the freedom to do so…meaning meticulously set-up shots would have to be done over, much to the consternation of cast and crew.

Jason London (Pink) finally had enough and actually got into a fistfight with Andrews.  That’s why if you watch, even when he and Andrews have scenes together, there’s very little dialogue between them.  The scene on the football field originally called for Pickford in place of Wooderson, but by that point no one really wanted to work with Andrews anymore, so the scene was rewritten.  

Damn I didn’t know any of that! Interesting stuff. I love that movie lol

35 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Damn I didn’t know any of that! Interesting stuff. I love that movie lol

As Jason London said, "There's a reason we all called him Prickford.  I never had a problem with anyone on set before Shawn."  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As Jason London said, "There's a reason we all called him Prickford.  I never had a problem with anyone on set before Shawn."  

Dude’s filmography looks pretty sparse. Guess we know why. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I saw this on HF Boards.  Supposedly a pic of Timo decked out in Devils gear working out with Nico back in Switzerland.   Git-er-done Fitz!    

Screenshot_20230607-104844.png

Edit: Here's the source of it.  

https://twitter.com/GianniNJD/status/1666445963991367681?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1666445963991367681|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

Timo’s legs look like tree trunks. :o

31 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Bad news for Seves is these are the kinds of teams he’ll likely be playing for…he’s a bad-team player who you look to upgrade from once you turn the corner.

Good news:  he’s definitely a NHLer, he’ll get paid well, he’ll get tons of minutes, and when he has those WTF moments, it’s not like anyone better will be readily available to take his spot.  He’ll just have to hope that, should he go to Columbus, that he’ll become enough of a veteran presence that if the BJs can start to become competitive, he’ll get to stick around.  That simply wasn’t going to happen here, especially with Luke and Nemec being picked so high in their respective drafts.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Dude’s filmography looks pretty sparse. Guess we know why. 

He was actually telling hotel maids sh!t like “You wanna save my sheets, I’m gonna be huge, you can say you did my room!”…both cast and crew were basically thinking “Who the fvck is this a$$hole?  Is this guy for REAL?!”

Apparently the ONLY person who got along with him out of EVERYONE was Milla Jovovich (Linklater said they were pretty much in their own little world, both quite full of themselves)…they actually eloped during shooting, but she was only 17 and her mother immediately had the marriage annulled, heh heh.

The funny thing was McConaughey was the guy who came in completely unassuming and a little unsure (it was his first film), and he was so charming and cool that everyone simply loved the dude…Linklater kept finding ways to get him more scenes as a result.  He wound up having the kind of career Andrews could only dream of having.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The funny thing was McConaughey was the guy who came in completely unassuming and a little unsure (it was his first film), and he was so charming and cool that everyone simply loved the dude…Linklater kept finding ways to get him more scenes as a result.  He wound up having the kind of career Andrews could only dream of having.  

Shawn Andrews should have a beer with Dunkelman, the guy who quit as American Idol co-host.

• Haha 1

LeBrun says he believes we’ve made an 8 year offer to Bratt.  I hope it’s not in the 8 million AAV range for that kind of term. 

https://theathletic.com/4591167/2023/06/07/lebrun-rumblings-gavrikov-dubois-debrincat/?source=emp_shared_article&access_token=13260924&redirected=1

Devils negotiations with Bratt — and Meier?

My understanding is that the Devils have made an offer to pending RFA winger Jesper Bratt. And I believe that offer is for the max term, eight years

What remains to be seen is if the Bratt camp wants to go that long on this contract or will push for a shorter-term deal that will allow the player to jump back into a more lucrative market with the cap going up over the next few years. It’s the kind of decision a lot of agents and players are debating these days, as noted above with Gavrikov.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

LeBrun says he believes we’ve made an 8 year offer to Bratt.  I hope it’s not in the 8 million AAV range for that kind of term. 

https://theathletic.com/4591167/2023/06/07/lebrun-rumblings-gavrikov-dubois-debrincat/?source=emp_shared_article&access_token=13260924&redirected=1

Devils negotiations with Bratt — and Meier?

My understanding is that the Devils have made an offer to pending RFA winger Jesper Bratt. And I believe that offer is for the max term, eight years

What remains to be seen is if the Bratt camp wants to go that long on this contract or will push for a shorter-term deal that will allow the player to jump back into a more lucrative market with the cap going up over the next few years. It’s the kind of decision a lot of agents and players are debating these days, as noted above with Gavrikov.

Personally, I'd rather secure Meier and whatever happens with Bratt and the games he and/or his agent want to play can be someone else's problem if he isnt 100% fully about staying.

Meier brings size and also offense. Bratt was a gem of a 6th round pick, and while his 73 points have been impressive back to back years, his small size and playoff vanishing act were yellow flags for someone demanding top dollar.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Personally, I'd rather secure Meier and whatever happens with Bratt and the games he and/or his agent want to play can be someone else's problem if he isnt 100% fully about staying.

Meier brings size and also offense. Bratt was a gem of a 6th round pick, and while his 73 points have been impressive back to back years, his small size and playoff vanishing act were yellow flags for someone demanding top dollar.

I agree 100%.   Hopefully this was Fitzgerald saying to his agent "here you go. We've been at this for months if not years and this is what the NJ Devils are comfortable paying your client.  Either he wants to be apart of this thing and signs or we can start looking into other arrangements later in the summer but I have to move on to other business of getting everyone else signed."   

You have to think if Fitz is offering 8 years, it has to be a shockingly low AVV, like 6.5 or something.   When I say shockingly low, I mean in relation to what the media is reporting.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Tbf if it’s something like 8x8 then it’s not really top dollar though. Not when guy’s like Bo Horvat are making more than that.