Draft 2023

Guadana

23 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Awesome. Karpovich could easily be the best of our pick in this draft. I`m very happy. He is very inetersting prospect. I will give you more later.

Wow dude, great to see one of the guys you were talking about/high on get picked by us. He frankly sounds like one of the more interesting picks. 

I noticed that Perrault went to the Rangers. I kind of liked him. That whole trio of Smith-Leonard-Perrault was fvcking crazy for the US this year. 

Kantserov to CHI is interesting too. CHI might be having the most impactful draft of their org since Toews and Kane. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Meh, it’s a 5th rounder. That’s where you do stuff like that lol

Having done some more reading he is a good skater and a hard worker who is known for his intensity.  He also had a decent frame so maybe more to like. 

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/ryannovo62/status/1674484060003901443?s=20

#NJDevilsNHL_Playoff_Extension_NJDevils.png trade their 2023 7th round pick to the Predators for a 2024 7th round pick. Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald, the first captain in Predators history, trades with Predators GM David Poile. This is the final trade of Poile's career.
  • Like 1
  • EvilHeart 3

2 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

https://twitter.com/ryannovo62/status/1674484060003901443?s=20

#NJDevilsNHL_Playoff_Extension_NJDevils.png trade their 2023 7th round pick to the Predators for a 2024 7th round pick. Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald, the first captain in Predators history, trades with Predators GM David Poile. This is the final trade of Poile's career.

I know it's a Fitz circle jerk around here, but class act. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Wow dude, great to see one of the guys you were talking about/high on get picked by us. He frankly sounds like one of the more interesting picks. 

I noticed that Perrault went to the Rangers. I kind of liked him. That whole trio of Smith-Leonard-Perrault was fvcking crazy for the US this year. 

Kantserov to CHI is interesting too. CHI might be having the most impactful draft of their org since Toews and Kane. 

I will make video of Karpovich later.

Perrault to rags is a fan pick. He is another lef handed winger. I joked about rags will draft him. Not a fan of pick at all. 

I like that chi drafted may be best complimentary two way player Moore to support Bedard and clean. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lateralous said:

The hockey news draft preview had him 27th overall!  These are two screen shots off my phone merged, so there’s overlap in the text.  

IMG_4926.thumb.png.11ac2f9d2e3c44a2f88277fa9fdf162c.png

IMG_4927.thumb.png.01cd7c54c7d031cb510d652d440dedad.png

4 hours ago, Lateralous said:

The hockey news draft preview had him 27th overall!  These are two screen shots off my phone merged, so there’s overlap in the text.  

IMG_4926.thumb.png.11ac2f9d2e3c44a2f88277fa9fdf162c.png

IMG_4927.thumb.png.01cd7c54c7d031cb510d652d440dedad.png

Sounds like a Brylin/Haula type

The Devils are required to take one high upside late round pick and one Daniil in each draft. They got both in Karpovich who is probably the only pick I am really hyped about in this draft. Lenni will certainly be a project but he could really be something if he works very hard on developing his raw skills. He’s the anti-Zacha. 

Also I wouldn’t be too down on Cheslock based on that player card. It isn’t easy to project to be a future NHL player as a fifth round pick, but there are certainly some encouraging parts of his game from what I’ve seen. 

I think we may even end up looking back on this draft similar to how we look back on 2016. We may not have had much from the earlier picks but our 6th rounder made it all worth it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nessus said:

The Devils are required to take one high upside late round pick and one Daniil in each draft. They got both in Karpovich who is probably the only pick I am really hyped about in this draft. Lenni will certainly be a project but he could really be something if he works very hard on developing his raw skills. He’s the anti-Zacha. 

Also I wouldn’t be too down on Cheslock based on that player card. It isn’t easy to project to be a future NHL player as a fifth round pick, but there are certainly some encouraging parts of his game from what I’ve seen. 

I think we may even end up looking back on this draft similar to how we look back on 2016. We may not have had much from the earlier picks but our 6th rounder made it all worth it. 

I`m down on Cheslock. He is okay project, but Colorado drafted RD with better skating, faste, WITH puckhandling and passing vision, better positional player from better programm in more competitive league, with size and defensive oriented game too. It`s just better pick of the same(big physical RD with skating), that was made right after our pick.  

I`m in process of the study of our draft, but I`m really not a fan of Lenny and Cheslock picks.