2024 stadium series game NJD VS PHI -Jerseys Revealed-

2ELIAS6

11 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Yeah, it makes no sense that Adidas would put the first and last names on the back like that.  I wonder if someone misread the order when it was processed.

And that's not that guy's jersey, he's saying he saw that in a store somewhere.  Meaning that there's MORE of these?!

Guess there's some LUKE HUGHES #43 jerseys too?  Goddamn that's just...fvcking awful.

12 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

While simultaneously shrinking the portion sizes of the concession food and drinks.  At the Devils-Predators game the other night, “Small” was the only option for fountain sodas.

Didn't know this. I legit spend $0 on concessions because I refuse to give them money on that end until they adopt fan friendly concession stand pricing like Atlanta has. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And that's not that guy's jersey, he's saying he saw that in a store somewhere.  Meaning that there's MORE of these?!

Guess there's some LUKE HUGHES #43 jerseys too?  Goddamn that's just...fvcking awful.

From his X post, it sounds like he ordered a properly made Jack jersey online but somehow received that instead.  Is it possible the vendor ran out of the correct jersey and then tried to use the store version as a substitute, thinking he wouldn’t notice?  If he’s seen the same abomination in shops, it’s a good bet there are more of them and that other customers are going to be similarly pissed.  Why can’t the NHL do anything right?

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Didn't know this. I legit spend $0 on concessions because I refuse to give them money on that end until they adopt fan friendly concession stand pricing like Atlanta has. 

It’s possible it’s a local issue unique to Bridgestone Arena, but I wonder if other venues are following suit.  More stadiums will let you bring in outside food and drinks as long as the packaging hasn’t been opened.  If vendors are going to charge higher prices for less food in house, I’d rather buy something before going to a game and bring it with me.

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

From his X post, it sounds like he ordered a properly made Jack jersey online but somehow received that instead.  Is it possible the vendor ran out of the correct jersey and then tried to use the store version as a substitute, thinking he wouldn’t notice?  If he’s seen the same abomination in shops, it’s a good bet there are more of them and that other customers are going to be similarly pissed.  Why can’t the NHL do anything right?

I interpreted it as he's still waiting for his jersey, but went to the store and saw that abomination.  

That tweet was hard for me to follow at first but I believe he's saying now he understands why his custom "Hughes, 86" jersey is taking so long, it's because it's not the standard. The standard ("Jack Hughes, 86") is what he found in that store.

So I guess my question is... is that what Jack (and presumably Luke) will be wearing in the actual game tomorrow?!

Edited by nmigliore

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I interpreted it as he's still waiting for his jersey, but went to the store and saw that abomination.  

Whatever the case, it’s frightening that those knockoffs exist.  For all we know, there could be Quinn Hughes Devils jersey in circulation—nevermind that he plays for Canucks.  Does the NHL really think people will buy crap like this?

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It’s possible it’s a local issue unique to Bridgestone Arena, but I wonder if other venues are following suit.  More stadiums will let you bring in outside food and drinks as long as the packaging hasn’t been opened.  If vendors are going to charge higher prices for less food in house, I’d rather buy something before going to a game and bring it with me.

When we don't do The Lofts (food included), then we usually eat something before or after.  I rarely go to the concourse concession stands.

And though I like The Loft seating and the time spent with my kid, I find myself eating less and less there.  That part of it is losing its luster...pretty much the same stuff most of the time, and the carving station offerings are inconsistent.

1 minute ago, nmigliore said:

That tweet was hard for me to follow at first but I believe he's saying now he understands why his custom "Hughes, 86" jersey is taking so long, it's because it's not the standard. The standard "Jack Hughes, 86") is what he found in that store.

Yeah that makes sense...pretty much how I saw it.

• Like 1

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Whatever the case, it’s frightening that those knockoffs exist.  For all we know, there could be Quinn Hughes Devils jersey in circulation—nevermind that he plays for Canucks.  Does the NHL really think people will buy crap like this?

Oh I agree 100% and then some.  Very few Devils fans would be caught wearing one of those.

Unless there's some plan we're completely unaware of that will see Jack and Luke wearing full-name jerseys for tomorrow's game only.  But yeah, this seems like a total fvck up, end of story.

5 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I answer every survey the Devils send to me talking about what Atlanta has been doing since like 2017. They make more money with prices that are reasonable. All we need is one arena in our area to do and maybe that will convince people to try it here.

That chicken stand that was on the last Chico eats is selling that chickens sandwich for $19. Its an absolute rip off. 

I sneak a water bottle in every game and nobody notices, if they do I'll just play dumb and say I forgot about it and throw it out lol

• Like 1

Does anyone think that Fanatics isn't going to completely fvck up next year's NHL jerseys?

More on the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad MLB/Nike/Fanatics uniforms (msn.com)

2 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

That tweet was hard for me to follow at first but I believe he's saying now he understands why his custom "Hughes, 86" jersey is taking so long, it's because it's not the standard. The standard ("Jack Hughes, 86") is what he found in that store.

So I guess my question is... is that what Jack (and presumably Luke) will be wearing in the actual game tomorrow?!

I hope not.  It looks awful with the name like that.  (I’m sure that none of the jersey issues will stop the lunatic @jagknife encountered at the Rock from ordering a McL*od sweater and wearing it with pride.)

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Does anyone think that Fanatics isn't going to completely fvck up next year's NHL jerseys?

More on the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad MLB/Nike/Fanatics uniforms (msn.com)

I’ve been following this story.  The MLB uniforms I’ve seen are atrocious.  Since the Yankees don’t put names on their uniforms, at least their players don’t have to worry about the awkward, smaller lettering.

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I hope not.  It looks awful with the name like that.  (I’m sure that none of the jersey issues will stop the lunatic @jagknife encountered at the Rock from ordering a McL*od sweater and wearing it with pride.)

You know he firmly believes innocent until proven guilty in this instance, even in the face of overwhelming evidence 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

I don't think they will be wearing them like that tomorrow just because all the other jerseys they were selling so far have been just HUGHES

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 2

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't think they will be wearing them like that tomorrow just because all the other jerseys they were selling so far have been just HUGHES

That makes more sense... thank the lord!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I have no faith whatsoever that they’ll get it right. Fanatics never gets anything right. It’s mystifying to me how they have basically monopolized the sports apparel market. 

• Like 3

This could serve as a learning opportunity for all involved, so I REALLY hope the NHL is paying attention (but it’s the NHL, so they most assuredly ARE NOT paying attention). From the article about the MLB jerseys: Earlier, I thought that MLB might be stuck with these abominations for 2024, but with the MLBPA involved, perhaps something could be done earlier than that. It doesn’t appear that anyone connected with MLB, Nike or Fanatics (who manufactures the uniforms) actually asked players what they would like to see in uniforms, checked past designs, or did any sort of survey regarding what fans might want to buy. 

Maybe learn from this and don’t make the same mistakes with the NHL uniforms. 

• Like 2
  • Vomiting 1

3 minutes ago, Rock said:

I heard a while ago even though it will be Fanatics branded it will be made at a reputable hockey jersey company's factory. (CCM ?)

If Fanatics is in any way involved, fvck-ups and shortcuts are almost assured. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Rock said:

I heard a while ago even though it will be Fanatics branded it will be made at a reputable hockey jersey company's factory. (CCM ?)

Although that may be true they will find a way to mess it up. Probably will have shoddy material and a weird fit

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Going back to the stadium series jerseys, the sucky part is checking adidas’s website the other 3 teams jerseys are all available in every size. NJ? All sold out

Is that because fewer jerseys were produced or because they were more popular with our fanbase than other team’s jerseys were with theirs?  Hmm…