2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

Fitz won't hire him but someone sure will. If the league gave a single sh!t about what happened no one in that room that day should ever be allowed to have a job with them again. Not a single one stepped up and did the right thing even after the playoffs were over. If Babcock hadn't fvcked up as bad as he did I kind of think Q would already be talking about coming back in 2024-2025.

Since Torts scratched Couturier, the Flyers have gone 2-8-3 and have been outscored 62-34.  Maybe it’s a simply a case of a bad team finally crashing hard back to Earth, but why a relatively smart hockey guy like Torts is allergic to ever evolving…he just can’t seem to help himself.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Fitz won't hire him but someone sure will. If the league gave a single sh!t about what happened no one in that room that day should ever be allowed to have a job with them again. Not a single one stepped up and did the right thing even after the playoffs were over. If Babcock hadn't fvcked up as bad as he did I kind of think Q would already be talking about coming back in 2024-2025.

He claimed multiple times that even after multiple meetings that the video guy on his staff was having inappropriate contact with players via inappropriate texts and hanging around them when he shouldn't be, but he never followed up on it and says  "yeah I probably should have but I trusted 'The Firm' (a term they had for the blackhawks' management)"

Excuse me? what the fvck? you trusted they "handled it" and never followed up? I had someone make VERY inappropriate comments to a set of my students and have some really creepy behavior, called my immediate boss, who then handled it within minutes (hour tops) and then I made damn sure the entire class was comfortable and not being bothered again by assuring them they could report to me but remain anonymous to the max extent. Its called protecting the people you're responsible for, not trying to avoid making waves entering the Stanley Cup Final, you old fvck.

When he all but called Beach and (i think it was) Sopel liars that people in the lockerroom knew how bad it was, and then trying to explain away the letter of recommendation as a "standard annual end of year review. nothing out of the ordinary," I turned off the interview.

He's a typical old school mentality where he pretends if he doesnt have direct observation of something wrong, he wont make the waves to upset his utopia. The Bud Kilmer-types of the world, only this isn't Varsity Blues, people really were hurt by his cowardice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Peter is such a crybaby moron... 

The Dobson one was pretty bad (and amazingly no boarding penalty was called), but Laviolette sounds like a fvcking idiot with what he said about Pelech.  Maybe Zibanejad should look where the fvck he's going next time.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Dobson one was pretty bad (and amazingly no boarding penalty was called), but he sounds like a fvcking idiot with what he said about Pelech.  Maybe Zibanejad should look where the fvck he's going next time.

Even worse when ya say that goon hit on Jonas was clean 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

He claimed multiple times that even after multiple meetings that the video guy on his staff was having inappropriate contact with players via inappropriate texts and hanging around them when he shouldn't be, but he never followed up on it and says  "yeah I probably should have but I trusted 'The Firm' (a term they had for the blackhawks' management)"

Excuse me? what the fvck? you trusted they "handled it" and never followed up? I had someone make VERY inappropriate comments to a set of my students and have some really creepy behavior, called my immediate boss, who then handled it within minutes (hour tops) and then I made damn sure the entire class was comfortable and not being bothered again by assuring them they could report to me but remain anonymous to the max extent. Its called protecting the people you're responsible for, not trying to avoid making waves entering the Stanley Cup Final, you old fvck.

When he all but called Beach and (i think it was) Sopel liars that people in the lockerroom knew how bad it was, and then trying to explain away the letter of recommendation as a "standard annual end of year review. nothing out of the ordinary," I turned off the interview.

He's a typical old school mentality where he pretends if he doesnt have direct observation of something wrong, he wont make the waves to upset his utopia. The Bud Kilmer-types of the world, only this isn't Varsity Blues, people really were hurt by his cowardice.

Not just old school mentality but old boys club too. It persists so long because the mentality amongst them is, "this could have happened to any of us" and they want to make sure the club has their back too if it's their ass on the hot seat next time.

fvck that. Take some responsibility. It's up to their peers to hold them to some standard and accountability, but right now there isn't much of one and the league only cares about money so it's not coming from there either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

The league is prepping the schedule to account Arizona AND Salt Lake City. While SLC potential owner is also crowd sourcing team names.

Just move them to SLC

Where did you see that?

19 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The league is prepping the schedule to account Arizona AND Salt Lake City. While SLC potential owner is also crowd sourcing team names.

Just move them to SLC

Da Ali G:

”So what does you think about those peoples who live in Utah?  The morons?”

• Haha 2

Great news for the Coyotes players. You go from a 4,000 seat college arena to a city with no night life of any kind, not to mention not a drop of alcohol within the city limits. Sounds like a ton of fun if you’re a rich 20-something 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Great news for the Coyotes players. You go from a 4,000 seat college arena to a city with no night life of any kind, not to mention not a drop of alcohol within the city limits. Sounds like a ton of fun if you’re a rich 20-something 🤣

I've always wondered about that, re:  the Jazz players.

I guess you save the "fun nights" for the road trips.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I've always wondered about that, re:  the Jazz players.

I guess you save the "fun nights" for the road trips.

Salt Lake City, while it has some different alcohol laws they still have tons of places you can drink, it's not a dry city. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Salt Lake City, while it has some different alcohol laws they still have tons of places you can drink, it's not a dry city. 

Here's a list of rules regarding booze in Utah:

Confused about Utah liquor laws? Here the answers to your most pressing alcohol questions. (sltrib.com)

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There's plenty of breweries and distilleries too. Some of their rules are more of a pain in the ass more than anything but there is still plenty to do for rich young athletes. 

I'm no fan of mormons but Utah is an absolutely beautiful state and there are way worse places to live and play in the NHL 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3