2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

very good video from icethetics. Well worth the watch.

the new extreme $450 price tag will be for literally the jerseys the players will wear on the ice. Ordered right from the factory.

”authentics” as adidas offers will be same price tag, as will the other lower tier.

Also explains quality issues for the MLB jerseys and how it’s not actually fanatics.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That's actually pretty cool, though I dunno if I like another red(ish) and black team.  We already have enough competition with the Canes, Sens, and even Sabres when they were those goathead jerseys.

Not that this team deserves the post season, they blew it badly, but it drives me a little bonkers that if we did a 3-2-1 system, we’d be well ahead of the OTLanders in the race.

9 wins in overtime, 15 OTLs make the 37-27-15 record a lot less impressive. 

Even BuffaloL would be ahead of them

15 hours ago, jagknife said:

very good video from icethetics. Well worth the watch.

the new extreme $450 price tag will be for literally the jerseys the players will wear on the ice. Ordered right from the factory.

”authentics” as adidas offers will be same price tag, as will the other lower tier.

Also explains quality issues for the MLB jerseys and how it’s not actually fanatics.

Believe it all when I see it. An actual authentics jersey costing more than one of my Red Bulls season tickets is still a joke no matter how much anyone wants to try justify this garbage. I'm sure the markups are insane on these things and they'll blame "inflation" 

Fanatics is absolute garage and should not be allowed to be the absolute monopoly that they are now. A perfect example of everything wrong with our country. Overpriced garbage made with cheap products that don't last. 

They can blame Nike all they want but what's their excuse for all the orders they send out that are completely hilariously wrong across everything they do? 

They took over the WWE shop in the past year and everyone says you literally can't wash the shirts a few times because the printing is that cheap. They also just ran the big convention event during wrestlemania weekend in Philly over the past weekend and numerous posts about what a sh!t show it was with them running. 

Michael Rubin needs to be shot into the sun. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Not that this team deserves the post season, they blew it badly, but it drives me a little bonkers that if we did a 3-2-1 system, we’d be well ahead of the OTLanders in the race.

9 wins in overtime, 15 OTLs make the 37-27-15 record a lot less impressive. 

Even BuffaloL would be ahead of them

Yeah regulation wins need to be given more value for sure, but I doubt we'll ever see a change.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah regulation wins need to be given more value for sure, but I doubt we'll ever see a change.  

This stupid sh!t is exactly what the league wants. Nothing will change. 

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

At this point Vegas has to be laughing...just like Tampa once did.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Vegas players on LTIR once the playoffs start: 

IMG_5869.gif

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At this point Vegas has to be laughing...just like Tampa once did.

The league needs to address this in the next CBA.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Vegas players on LTIR once the playoffs start: 

IMG_5869.gif

The league needs to address this in the next CBA.

How do they do it? If a player hasn't played a certain number of regular season games they can't play in the playoffs?

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

How do they do it? If a player hasn't played a certain number of regular season games they can't play in the playoffs?

Yeah, that’s not a thing. I wanna make it clear that I have no problem with Vegas doing this, nor would I have a problem with any team doing it- it’s legal. No rules are being broken. The league needs to close the loophole though. 

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't personally want to see a change, at least not for regulation.  Call me old fashioned or a traditionalist, but an extra 5 minutes to decide a winner is pretty insignificant. I think if you win a game in regulation or OT, it's 2 points. 

Now, I'd like to see shootouts go away altogether, but assuming that doesn't happen, I could understand a shootout win being worth one point and a shootout loss being worth zero.  I don't love that scenario, but I like it more than 3pts for a regulation win. 

I've said it before, but personally I don't understand the problem with ties. You can still keep the three on three overtime which is exciting, and maybe even extend it to 10 minutes, but after that time if teams are still tied then just tie. It's only the regular season, obviously no ties in the playoffs, so what does it matter?  Award one point for a tie and be done with it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I've said it before, but personally I don't understand the problem with ties. You can still keep the three on three overtime which is exciting, and maybe even extend it to 10 minutes, but after that time if teams are still tied then just tie. It's only the regular season, obviously no ties in the playoffs, so what does it matter?  Award one point for a tie and be done with it. 

💯💯💯💯💯

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't personally want to see a change, at least not for regulation.  Call me old fashioned or a traditionalist, but an extra 5 minutes to decide a winner is pretty insignificant. I think if you win a game in regulation or OT, it's 2 points. 

Now, I'd like to see shootouts go away altogether, but assuming that doesn't happen, I could understand a shootout win being worth one point and a shootout loss being worth zero.  I don't love that scenario, but I like it more than 3pts for a regulation win. 

I didn’t mind ties at the time, but they’re never coming back.  We’re likely stuck with shootouts.

As for three-point wins, it’s more about de-emphasizing loser points.  I like the idea of a team winning a game in regulation one night picking up TWO points on a team that could only muster a charity point.  I’m simply over teams who pile up loser points getting to hang around as much as they do.

It’s also about every game having the same number of points up for grabs.  Right now some games dole out three points and others two.  That’s just dumb.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m simply over teams who pile up loser points getting to hang around as much as they do.

So am I, but the league loves it. Keeps more fanbases engaged. Which means more tickets sold, more eyeballs watching on TV, and of course, more money. We’re stuck with this trash system as long as Bettman is around at minimum. And let’s not pretend whoever Bettman’s successor is won’t suck too. He assuredly will be terrible like all sports commissioners are seemingly required to be, so we’ll still have this stupid system 20 years from now (along with 48 franchises, because the owners have gotten drunk on expansion fees they don’t have to share with the players).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So am I, but the league loves it. Keeps more fanbases engaged. Which means more tickets sold, more eyeballs watching on TV, and of course, more money. We’re stuck with this trash system as long as Bettman is around at minimum. And let’s not pretend whoever Bettman’s successor is won’t suck too. He assuredly will be terrible like all sports commissioners are seemingly required to be, so we’ll still have this stupid system 20 years from now (along with 48 franchises, because the owners have gotten drunk on expansion fees they don’t have to share with the players).

I look forward to watching Luke and Simon conclude their HOF careers by leading the Devils to a win against the New Orleans Mardi Gras Beads.

• Haha 1