2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

What a sh!t take from Frank there. Should be a privilege to play professional sports for a living. Let this guy go do something else for a living instead... 

That’s a fvcking joke take from Seravalli 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

What a sh!t take from Frank there. Should be a privilege to play professional sports for a living. Let this guy go do something else for a living instead... 

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Once again, the NHL does the wrong thing.  That something like this happens mere months after further details regarding the Hockey Canada situation came to light makes it even worse.  Gary Bettman, resign.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Once again, the NHL does the wrong thing.  That something like this happens mere months after further details regarding the Hockey Canada situation came to light makes it even worse.  Gary Bettman, resign.

I’m sick of this tone deaf sh!t from the NHL. No one seems to get it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

39 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I'm sure the Canadiens are taking this exact same stance if this guy didn't just put up 14 G and 33 A in 70 GP as a 20-year-old (just turned 21 yesterday) in his first AHL season.

These teams should just admit it...when a guy who did some really sh!tty things can potentially help your team win and has talent, you'll bend over backwards to try to find some positive spin with regards to how much "better" of a person he really is now.  That's all this is.  The Canadiens think he can potentially make them a better team on the ice.  If that wasn't the case, there's no "Well he knows he made a big mistake but..." from the Canadiens.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm sure the Canadiens are taking this exact same stance if this guy didn't just up 14 G and 33 A in 70 GP as a 20-year-old (just turned 21 yesterday) in his first AHL season.

These teams should just admit it...when a guy who did some really sh!tty things can potentially help your team win and has talent, you'll bend over backwards to try to find some positive spin with regards to how much "better" of a person he really is now.  That's all this is.  The Canadiens think he can potentially make them a better team on the ice.  If that wasn't the case, there's no "Well he knows he made a big mistake but..." from the Canadiens.

I’m fvcking tired of this sh!t in sports. If you’re a scumbag you’re a scumbag. Go sell cars. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 2

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m fvcking tired of this sh!t in sports. If you’re a scumbag you’re a scumbag. Go sell cars. 

The most notoriety that guy should ever get is when people see him bagging groceries at some local yokel grocery store and say “That guy coulda been a star but he messed up, so now he’ll work here and have to think about that forever”

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The most notoriety that guy should ever get is when people see him bagging groceries at some local yokel grocery store and say “That guy coulda been a star but he messed up, so now he’ll work here and have to think about that forever”

Agreed.  That he’s being allowed to continue his career despite his conviction makes me wonder about the NHL decision-makers who decided to look the other way on this.  If predatory behavior is the standard they accept, what in the world have they done behind closed doors?

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

oh absolutely, it was no more than 90 seconds after the goal to boot

Yup, I had the Detroit game on they scored and regulation ended and then switched to the Flyers and they pulled the goalie. I wonder how much of a delay there was in relying the information because the Flyers were eliminated already when they pulled the goalie. 

Crazy stuff 

• Like 1

Caps’ coach has to be heavily considered for the Jack Adams…they were NOT expected to so much as sniff a playoff spot this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

nhl GIF by SB Nation

He squeezed a lot out of his team, but can’t imagine his antics over the last quarter of the season were any help.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'd be surprised if the Caps win a game, that team stinks. Need Ovi to go insane or something. 

At least that Rags team can be rattled. And the Caps have Tom Wilson. 

• Like 3

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He squeezed a lot out of his team, but can’t imagine his antics over the last quarter of the season were any help.

Definitely not.  Healthy-scratching Couturier was the beginning of the end for him and his team.

• Like 1

Caps: you have your marching orders. You know what must be done. Ovie, you magnificent bastard: it’s time to shine like a motherfvckin’ diamond. Oshie: play like it’s the shootout, and the Rags are the Russians. Connor McMichael: for two weeks, your assignment is to channel Connor McDavid. John Carlson: you grew up a Devils fan in Colonia, NJ. You of all people understand the mission. The hopes of an entire nation rests on your shoulders gentlemen. You must prevail for the good of all mankind. Good luck and Godspeed. We’re all counting on you. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

"ReMpE iSn'T sCaReD oF wIlSoN"

I’m sure a lot of Rangers fans will say this over the next few days because they don’t realize that buffoon like Rempe won’t even play in the postseason.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Caps: you have your marching orders. You know what must be done. Ovie, you magnificent bastard: it’s time to shine like a motherfvckin’ diamond. Oshie: play like it’s the shootout, and the Rags are the Russians. Connor McMichael: for two weeks, your assignment is to channel Connor McDavid. John Carlson: you grew up a Devils fan in Colonia, NJ. You of all people understand the mission. The hopes of an entire nation rests on your shoulders gentlemen. You must prevail for the good of all mankind. Good luck and Godspeed. We’re all counting on you. 

Maybe we should send Ovie a bunch of Subway sandwiches and Cheetos.

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 1