GDT: 12/09/23 DEVILS @ FLAMES 4:OO PM EST MSGN

Rock

7 hours ago, nessus said:

Who needs a source when you have smelly?

Source is someone who would know. Don’t believe me if you want I don’t care. 

You probably also won’t believe me that immediately after crashing and burning against Ottawa in 98 Lou himself told me sitting across his desk at CAA that he would have given “his left nut” to acquire Pavel Bure, but not Dano, Ralf, or Stevens. 

I’ve had a lot of tickets for a lot of years. So over time I’ve met a lot of people, and those people know a lot of things. 

But if you want me to keep something I learn that I think people here might be interested in to myself, happy to oblige. 

Edited by smelly

12 minutes ago, smelly said:

Source is someone who would know. Don’t believe me if you want I don’t care. 

You probably also won’t believe me that Lou himself told me sitting across his desk at CAA that he would have given “his left nut” to acquire Pavel Bure, but not Dano, Ralf, or Stevens. 

I’ve had a lot of tickets for a lot of years. So over time I’ve met a lot of people, and those people know a lot of things. 

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

And people don’t believe we walked on the moon. 

And btw in that same conversation Lou told me that he thought the most impressive player in the recent Nagano Olympics was Jiri Dopita, and that he expected him to have a solid NHL career. Lou turned out to be wrong about that. 

Edited by smelly

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

There's mountains of evidence to prove humans walked on the moon.

Where is your evidence? All you have is "trust me bro"-- Don't be so shocked people don't believe you.

You are missing the point. That wasn’t the comparison I was making. 

Simply meant that just because someone doesn’t believe something doesn’t make it untrue.

Anyway, my evidence and my source are confidential. If that means that anyone doesn’t believe me, then that’s their prerogative. 

However, I have no reason to make this up. Why would I? So I could fool people or look cool on a stupid message board? Ridiculous.

But it isn’t the first time I’ve shared inside info that I thought people here would be interested in and taken a load of crap.

For one, my recent post about Fitz’s being in on Markstrom, which just so happened to be corroborated in press reports a few days later.

And when Jack was hurt against Seattle.  I was at the arena and literally texting with someone who was with him in the trainers room immediately after he walked down the tunnel. 

So I guess I will not share anymore, and let everyone incorrectly speculate about something I know ain’t correct.

Edited by smelly

2 hours ago, smelly said:

You are missing the point. That wasn’t the comparison I was making. 

Simply meant that just because someone doesn’t believe something doesn’t make it untrue.

Anyway, my evidence and my source are confidential. If that means that anyone doesn’t believe me, then that’s their prerogative. 

However, I have no reason to make this up. Why would I? So I could fool people or look cool on a stupid message board? Ridiculous.

But it isn’t the first time I’ve shared inside info that I thought people here would be interested in and taken a load of crap.

For one, my recent post about Fitz’s being in on Markstrom, which just so happened to be corroborated in press reports a few days later.

And when Jack was hurt against Seattle.  I was at the arena and literally texting with someone who was with him in the trainers room immediately after he walked down the tunnel. 

So I guess I will not share anymore, and let everyone incorrectly speculate about something I know ain’t correct.

Nobody is interested in delusions of grandeur, but feel free to share whatever you want. 

All someone said was I don't believe your claims. Somebody else might love your input. I don't know dude lol 

A 3rd grader can make these claims. You're the kid who's dad is a firefighter, a cop, and a congressman, oh and he has a million dollar business too. 

Re: the bolded These two things are incompatible. You can't hold both opinions. This is journo jargon and you simultaneously believe that you're honestly and sincerely informing us, but are unwilling to share anything about the source. You're actually worse than any journalist in that regard.

The question I have isn't about any of your sources, my question is why are you not monetizing or capitalizing on any of them irl and instead using them to try to boost your legitimacy on a Devils fan forum. It's a weird flex even if true. It's also the kind of thing you don't need to brag about. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

For what it’s worth, Timo did suffer a knee injury two seasons ago, while still playing for San Jose.  Imaging performed at the time, however, showed no structural damage therein, so it’s unclear whether the injury and that mentioned by smelly are one and the same.  It’s also unknown whether the knee has sustained further injury in the interim.

8 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Nobody is interested in delusions of grandeur, but feel free to share whatever you want. 

All someone said was I don't believe your claims. Somebody else might love your input. I don't know dude lol 

A 3rd grader can make these claims. You're the kid who's dad is a firefighter, a cop, and a congressman, oh and he has a million dollar business too. 

Re: the bolded These two things are incompatible. You can't hold both opinions. This is journo jargon and you simultaneously believe that you're honestly and sincerely informing us, but are unwilling to share anything about the source. You're actually worse than any journalist in that regard.

The question I have isn't about any of your sources, my question is why are you not monetizing or capitalizing on any of them irl and instead using them to try to boost your legitimacy on a Devils fan forum. It's a weird flex even if true. It's also the kind of thing you don't need to brag about. 

1. I have no obligation to disclose sources.  And I am not going to out of respect for my contacts.  Your choice whether to believe.

2.  I don't bet. I only care about the info as a fan.  And I figure many here would also.

Edited by smelly

7 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

For what it’s worth, Timo did suffer a knee injury two seasons ago, while still playing for San Jose.  Imaging performed at the time, however, showed no structural damage therein, so it’s unclear whether the injury and that mentioned by smelly are one and the same.  It’s also unknown whether the knee has sustained further injury in the interim.

From what I am told this is a recent injury.  I don't know whether this is an aggravation of an earlier problem or something entirely independent.