GDT: Montreal @ Devils 7:00 PM MSGSN

MadDog2020

Just now, jagknife said:

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

this was an indictment of inept coaching.

Fitz needs to sever his loyalty to the lovable grandfather or else it should cost him his fvcking job

enough with the “oh they have built in excuses.” This organization bragged about so much depth and yet the coach never adjusts to what he has. fvck him, get him out of town already and get someone in here that will actually motivate this team.

You don't have to like it...but it's true. The sh!tty goal tending and injuries are keeping people employed. :noclue:

Just now, jagknife said:

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

this was an indictment of inept coaching.

Fitz needs to sever his loyalty to the lovable grandfather or else it should cost him his fvcking job

enough with the “oh they have built in excuses.” This organization bragged about so much depth and yet the coach never adjusts to what he has. fvck him, get him out of town already and get someone in here that will actually motivate this team.

It’s not a lack of motivation on the players’ part but this team needs some semblance of a system in place.  There is none.  And this fvcking guy literally has no answers and is incapable of making adjustments as needed.

Well, it’s pretty simple:

Better find a way to get five points over the next three games.

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

You don't have to like it...but it's true. The sh!tty goal tending and injuries are keeping people employed. :noclue:

Old man River should never have gone to the VV well as much as he did. Once Daws was healthy, that should have been the end of it. He has so much blind loyalty to certain players and absolute unwarranted animosity to others it’s sickening.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s not a lack of motivation on the players’ part but this team needs some semblance of a system in place.  There is none.  And this fvcking guy literally has no answers and is incapable of making adjustments as needed.

If they come out flat, it’s motivation. If they think they can come back on anyone, it’s the coach blowing smoke and sunshine up their asses to think that way that allows it to consistently happen.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

They aren’t making the playoffs this year. I’ve pretty much accepted that. 

I can’t do it, I can’t go back to the dark days mentality where I don’t care about games anymore.

I’m going to chose to be angry instead.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I’m nowhere near there yet, but if they don’t, Lindy better be shown the fvcking door.  And if that doesn’t happen, then I gotta start to wonder if Fitz didn’t learn enough from his predecessor’s mistakes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

For sure. He had an off night, he's only 19. Not worried about him at all. Can't even fault him for the 2nd goal against, looked like the devils got caught on a line change and he was the only one back

He was bad tonight, let’s be honest. People have been killing Luke for every little mistake lately, and Nemec was bound to have some games like this eventually as well. Like you said, the kid is 19. And has mostly been fantastic. Tonight not so much. 

Also need more out of the vets like Nico and Toffoli. Can’t expect the kids to do it all every single night. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m nowhere near there yet, but if they don’t, Lindy better be shown the fvcking door.  And if that doesn’t happen, then I gotta start to wonder if Fitz didn’t learn enough from his predecessor’s mistakes.

Dude it’s January 17th and they’re in 7th place. 

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I can’t do it, I can’t go back to the dark days mentality where I don’t care about games anymore.

I’m going to chose to be angry instead.

They do the same stupid sh!t every game. I’ve gotten angry a lot this year. Now I’m just exasperated. 

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If they come out flat, it’s motivation. If they think they can come back on anyone, it’s the coach blowing smoke and sunshine up their asses to think that way that allows it to consistently happen.

I see the first point as the coach simply not having a game plan coming out of the gate, and having issues adjusting to the other team’s game plan.  I seriously doubt even a guy like Lindy is saying “It’s OK guys, you don’t have to get it going until the third period.”

Not every last thing falls on the coach of course, but I’ve seen more than enough this year to feel that Lindy has been one the worst head coaches in the league this year, even with the injuries.  He is just not helping at all; I have no idea what he’s trying to have his team do out there.  

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think if they miss they will hit the reset button — including Lindy.   That said some of these vets that got their bag already need to flippin step up.  They shouldn’t need motivation. 

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I am not sure what else needs to be seen to think they will make it. Coaching is garbage, no goalie, and never ending injuries. Murphy’s law at work this year.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Dude it’s January 17th and they’re in 7th place. 

But they have games in hand (still) and aren’t way out of it.  Like I said, they need to get five points in the next three games…tonight’s loss was a very bad one.  Anything less than four and yeah, I’ll start worrying more.  I’m just not there yet.

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I had made a post in early DEC that if they didn't get their sh!t together by Xmas it was my time to start the cope. Nothing I had seen was giving me hints they were/are going to turn a major corner. Maybe if Daws keeps it going and Jack comes back to do Jack things it could still happen but I am not counting on it.

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

He was bad tonight, let’s be honest. People have been killing Luke for every little mistake lately, and Nemec was bound to have some games like this eventually as well. Like you said, the kid is 19. And has mostly been fantastic. Tonight not so much. 

Also need more out of the vets like Nico and Toffoli. Can’t expect the kids to do it all every single night. 

Can't argue that. Still plenty of season left, I'm hoping with Daws in net and hopefully getting bodies back from IR, the team straightens out. This is getting brutal. Especially with Lindys bone head decisions. At this pace we're looking like Colorado's fall off season before becoming a powerhouse. Really don't want to have to look forward to draft watching after last year's season...

Side note, I thought Foote had a pretty decent game

• Like 1

I see the first point as the coach simply not having a game plan coming out of the gate, and having issues adjusting to the other team’s game plan.  I seriously doubt even a guy like Lindy is saying “It’s OK guys, you don’t have to get it going until the third period.”

Not every last thing falls on the coach of course, but I’ve seen more than enough this year to feel that Lindy has been one the worst head coaches in the league this year, even with the injuries.  He is just not helping at all; I have no idea what he’s trying to have his team do out there.  

I’m not implying Lindy says they can coast, but he’s built an atmosphere where it’s okay to not give your best effort every period. He’s created a country club, the players absolutely love him cause he rarely pushes them and aside from him absolutely dragging Holtz through the mud in a consistent basis, there is zero accountability.

The culture of “it’s us vs the world and even if we suck as a whole, we’re going to make you battle EVERY night” is gone. Our opponents dictate the game, as is proven by us giving up the first goal 35 or however many times already.

Fitz won’t do sh!t, and frankly, for letting it go this far, his ass better be at least feeling the lowest setting on the seat warmer. 

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I had made a post in early DEC that if they didn't get their sh!t together by Xmas it was my time to start the cope. Nothing I had seen was giving me hints they were/are going to turn a major corner. Maybe if Daws keeps it going and Jack comes back to do Jack things it could still happen but I am not counting on it.

It's a long season that's half over. It's too early for shoveling dirt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

"puck management" - mark your Lindy bingo card.

Not that he is wrong, but how the fvck are the things that were problems in game 1 still such major issues almost every night in game...47 or whatever?

When someone has dementia and starts really going down hill, they hold on tight to certain phrases…

… or he really has no answers cause the old fart who has the 3rd most wins simply because he’s been in the league forever like a wet fart in a tiny room on a humid day just has longevity for someone who has literally won NOTHING

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’m not implying Lindy says they can coast, but he’s built an atmosphere where it’s okay to not give your best effort every period. He’s created a country club, the players absolutely love him cause he rarely pushes them and aside from him absolutely dragging Holtz through the mud in a consistent basis, there is zero accountability.

The culture of “it’s us vs the world and even if we suck as a whole, we’re going to make you battle EVERY night” is gone. Our opponents dictate the game, as is proven by us giving up the first goal 35 or however many times already.

Fitz won’t do sh!t, and frankly, for letting it go this far, his ass better be at least feeling the lowest setting on the seat warmer. 

I think they need a real taskmaster kind of coach, a guy who may not necessarily always be “fun” to play for, but everyone will know what they’re supposed to do and where they’re supposed to be, and will be better and more complete hockey players as a result.

It’s on Fitz to realize that the guy he hired to be the coach is no longer the right guy to get the most out of what he has to work with.  Despite some of the current gloom and doom here, I firmly believe that this team can still make the playoffs, but even if they make it, Fitz can’t be happy with “Hey we still got there in spite of injuries, blah blah blah”, if they bow out quickly.  Lindy should really not get another season beyond this one…he’s only going to keep getting in the way and holding them back.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

It's a long season that's half over. It's too early for shoveling dirt.

39 games left. Plenty of time to catch up.

but the number of points left in the board to significantly inferior opponents due to piss poor coaching or focus is beyond unacceptable 

I think they need a real taskmaster kind of coach, a guy who may not necessarily always be “fun” to play for, but everyone will know what they’re supposed to do and where they’re supposed to be, and will be better and more complete hockey players as a result.

It’s on Fitz to realize that the guy he hired to be the coach is no longer the right guy to get the most out of what he has to work with.  Despite some of the current gloom and doom here, I firmly believe that this team can still make the playoffs, but even if they make it, Fitz can’t be happy with “Hey we still got there in spite of injuries, blah blah blah”, if they bow out quickly.  Lindy should really not get another season beyond this one…he’s only gong to keep getting in the way and holding them back.

I’m terrified Fitz will hang his legacy on the success or failure of ruff and will explain away Ruff’s shortcomings.

I’d kill for them to get Berube in here right now.