GDT - Stadium Series Game, Devils vs Flyers 2/17/24 8pm Abc, ESPN+

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I was worried about Nico's offense early in the year after he slumped to end last year, but he's definitely picked it up again since early December.

He’s been about a PPG player over his last 150+ games.  Feels like a reasonable expectation going forward.

Not saying you specifically, but sometimes when he’s in a slump, I think people overreact.  I just hope he can stay relatively healthy most seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I was worried about Nico's offense early in the year after he slumped to end last year, but he's definitely picked it up again the last two months.

2 gorgeous goals, too. I know they all count the same but he’s usually more of a tip in, dirty goal kind of scorer. Love when he flashes that #1OA skill. 

• Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s been about a PPG player over his last 150+ games.  Feels like a reasonable expectation going forward.

Not saying you specifically, but sometimes when he’s in a slump, I think people overreact.  I just hope he can stay relatively healthy most seasons.

Might be a silly thing to even be thinking about right now but I wish his deal was 8 years instead of 7. Crazy he only has 3 years left on his deal. Times flies. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

2 gorgeous goals, too. I know they all count the same but he’s usually more of a tip in, dirty goal kind of scorer. Love when he flashes that #1OA skill. 

Me, too.  Mitch Marner gets a lot of attention for being a two-way player—and deservedly so—but Nico has the same ability.

Glad they’re up by two but at the same time the Flyers are piling up shots and getting a lot of good looks.  We’ve seen plenty of that this season.

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Might be a silly thing to even be thinking about right now but I wish his deal was 8 years instead of 7. Crazy he only has 3 years left on his deal. Times flies. 

Another reason to not trade Holtz for a fvcking old-ass goalie; Nico will need a new deal soon too, and it’s not gonna be cheap.

• Like 2