GDT - 2/20/24 Devils @ Caps 7:00pm MSGSN2

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d love to see what a real coach could do with this roster.

Yeah I’ve been hoping.  Someday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

They look rudderless. Just a bunch of dudes trying to create something by themselves. 

Not like the coach has anything to offer. They’re often stuck trying to figure it out on their own.

One period to save the season.  I don’t care if the standings say otherwise…they lose this game, I don’t see them putting the kind of run together needed to nail down a playoff spot.

• Like 3

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not like the coach has anything to offer. They’re often stuck trying to figure it out on their own.

One period to save the season.  I don’t care if the standings say otherwise…they lose this game, I don’t see them putting the kind of run together needed to nail down a playoff spot.

Agreed.  I won’t give up hope until they’re officially eliminated, but it’s extremely telling that they can’t beat a mediocre team like the Capitals.

• Like 1

It’s just so frustrating that when they finally actually get some goaltending the offense (particularly the PP) becomes completely anemic. If they had Daws playing like this earlier in the season when they were scoring 4 or 5 every night they’d be top 3 in the division. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Idk there’s plenty to choose from 

I was about to say something similar.  They’ve had so many bad losses—and at home, no less.  The Sharks and Ducks losses were awful, but losing 3/4 to the Capitals is a level of futility no team with the Devils’ talent should approach.  Fire Lindy!

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Tonight they’re really cementing themselves as the .500ish team that they’ve been all season…encouraging wins followed by incredibly disappointing losses.  They’ll probably finish with 90 points or so…not awful, but most definitely not nearly good enough to make the playoffs.

Prove me wrong Devils.  Please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It worked early in the season, but that’s when we had A+ Jack 

At this point I just want to see him back at CENTER.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Seriously…three home losses against the California garbage, one against Columbus and another against the Habs for starters. Hell we’ve had two worse home losses against THIS team. And we’ve seen what these a$$holes can do when they’re engaged like the Boston/Colorado games, a couple of road trips and Saturday.