GDT: St. Louis @ Devils 7:00 PM ESPN

MadDog2020

Just now, Puckbuster said:

Ruff ruined the season.

Definitely played a big role in it.  

• Like 4

Just now, Puckbuster said:

Ruff ruined the season.

Obviously there were other factors - poor goaltending, Fitz not adding a defenseman when Dougie went down, etc, but Ruff deserves plenty of the blame for sure. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Obviously there were other factors - poor goaltending, Fitz not adding a defenseman when Dougie went down, etc, but Ruff deserves plenty of the blame for sure. 

Nope, it was all goaltending 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Ok, that’s all true and I agree.  I’m just saying the Devils could have played more games like this and be in a playoff spot.  Ruff could never adjust with the players he had.  There was still a lot of talent on the team.

2 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Ok, that’s all true and I agree.  I’m just saying the Devils could have played more games like this and be in a playoff spot.  Ruff could never adjust with the players he had.  There was still a lot of talent on the team.

Notice how different the one year with Brunette on the staff was.  

• Like 2

Timo suddenly has 8 goals and 6 assists over his last 13 GP.  Great to see it…like we’ve all noted, he’s gonna be here a long long time.  Happy as hell for him finally seeing him getting it going.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Notice how different the one year with Brunette on the staff was.  

Very true.  The Devils do not have the best situation at the goalie position, but it’s the same for Carolina.  Then, you look at Boston, they don’t have a top six center.  Don’t forget the flyers, how are they in a playoff spot.  I think the poor roster management and bad system exposed the Devils at the goalie position.  I thought they were good tonight and they could have been good all season.

Just got home from a work dinner and am tearing up reading about Timo’s hat trick.  It makes me so happy to see him play like this after struggling for most of the season.  Lindy, fvck you for misusing such a talented player.