GDT: The 'It Barely Matters" Edition - 3/14/24 Devils @ Stars 8:00pm MSGN2

NJDfan1711

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

We’ve seen this movie before.

Will it have a better ending?

A team that’s ready to make a run will WIN in Arizona, not lose ANOTHER lackluster 4-2 game.

Yep, you cannot lose to the Yotes tomorrow if you have any aspirations of building a late season surge. Period.

its a must win in a Minnesota high school-level barn. Then take a point from Vegas, at a minimum.

3 of 4 points minimum or no chance

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Yep, you cannot lose to the Yotes tomorrow if you have any aspirations of building a late season surge. Period.

its a must win in a Minnesota high school-level barn. Then take a point from Vegas, at a minimum.

3 of 4 points minimum or no chance

Yep. It’s Last Stand time. For real for real. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep. It’s Last Stand time. For real for real. 

THE Last Of The Last Stands heh heh.

Seriously, the Red Wings have lost SEVEN STRAIGHT fvckING GAMES!  How much more help do you want?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Don't see it happening...last night wasn't exactly encouraging...look, a four-goal win is always nice and it's great to see guys like Timo looking better, but the WAY the Devils got that win was far from impressive, really.  Anyone see Tierney and Nosek scoring in the same game anytime soon?  Not to mention that from the second period on, the Devils were outshot 30-14, and as the game went on were looking more and more like the team that gets hemmed in their own end pretty easily and seems powerless to do little about it, and gives up glorious looks.  Dallas had to be wondering how the hell they lost that game on the scoreboard as badly as they did.

Allen did a hell of a job last night after a rough start, but does anyone see he and Kahkonen playing like that every night?  He was under siege a LOT.

If they sweep both games this weekend, maybe that's the bare-bones beginning of surprising the hell outta all of us.  Let me see if that has actually happened come Monday morning.  

I don’t see it either. The team this year is just too inconsistent. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t have much faith

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Don't see it happening...last night wasn't exactly encouraging...look, a four-goal win is always nice and it's great to see guys like Timo looking better, but the WAY the Devils got that win was far from impressive, really.  Anyone see Tierney and Nosek scoring in the same game anytime soon?  Not to mention that from the second period on, the Devils were outshot 30-14, and as the game went on were looking more and more like the team that gets hemmed in their own end pretty easily and seems powerless to do little about it, and gives up glorious looks.  Dallas had to be wondering how the hell they lost that game on the scoreboard as badly as they did.

Allen did a hell of a job last night after a rough start, but does anyone see he and Kahkonen playing like that every night?  He was under siege a LOT.

If they sweep both games this weekend, maybe that's the bare-bones beginning of surprising the hell outta all of us.  Let me see if that has actually happened come Monday morning.  

To be clear, I don’t see it happening either, as I don’t think the team is good enough.  My post was more about what Fitz might do if the improbable comes to fruition, as I do not think Green should be back here, nor do I think he should coach again elsewhere.

The Sabres might be the team for that final WC card spot and I can see them giving the East’s top seed everything and then some.

I wish it could be the Devils, but they have yet to play with any consistency.

Any competent goaltending will help make a run. Maybe this game was a start.

I wouldn’t lay any money on it though.

• Vomiting 1

47 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

To be clear, I don’t see it happening either, as I don’t think the team is good enough.  My post was more about what Fitz might do if the improbable comes to fruition, as I do not think Green should be back here, nor do I think he should coach again elsewhere.

I don't think any of us see it happening...Lucy can only pull the football away so many times before you realize you're being Charlie Brown'd.

For me, Devils gotta come away with 6 wins in the next 7 games before I even begin to believe some miracle run might happen.

Also, for all of the "only four points out" talk, that's a little misleading...the Caps are three points up, but with a game in hand...Isles are four up but also with a game in hand.  And like you pointed out, more teams in the mix now.  It's that time of year where you can go on 3-0-1 mini-bender and still not make up much ground at all.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Also, for all of the "only four points out" talk, that's a little misleading...the Caps are three points up, but with a game in hand...Isles are four up but also with a game in hand.  And like you pointed out, more teams in the mix now.  It's that time of year where you can go on 3-0-1 mini-bender and still not make up much ground at all.  

I’m with you; the odds at this point are stacked against the Devils. But they’re in the mix. They’re there hanging around, somehow. And after the way things have gone this season, that’s all any of us could ever ask for. 

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m with you; the odds at this point are stacked against the Devils. But they’re in the mix. They’re there hanging around, somehow. And after the way things have gone this season, that’s all any of us could ever ask for. 

They definitely don't deserve it with how they've played against their division. If Washington pulls it off they should send a fruit basket to the Devils addressed to Lindy and Fitz.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They definitely don't deserve it with how they've played against their division. If Washington pulls it off they should send a fruit basket to the Devils addressed to Lindy and Fitz.

The losses to Washington loom larger than ever now.  Had the Devils won the two games at home, they be tied for a WC spot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

The losses to Washington loom larger than ever now.  Had the Devils won the two games at home, they be tied for a WC spot.

Yea. Really frustrating to even think about. They rolled over in those games too from what I haven't repressed.

• Like 1