GDT: 03-29-2024 Devils @ Sabres 7:00PM EST MSGSN

Rock

Just now, Nicomo said:

They simply rode Jack and Dougie both having record setting seasons to get in last year. And Fitz couldn’t stop patting himself on the back enough. 

That’s the most infuriating thing about this entire mess.  When things are going well, Fitz is more than happy to stand in front of the media and answer questions, but as soon as things go bad, he’s MIA.  He’s not a leader.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

That's the nail in the coffin, losing to loser teams. 

This might be the worst of all

-Losing a 2-0 lead

-Losing to a team you actually had pretty well taken advantage of at home the prior two games this year! (a rarity)

-Playing gutless when the game got tied in the third period

-Actually getting enough goaltending where you can't blame the loss on that the way others - including Mr. they pay to see me play - have this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Vomiting 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Haula has become the Brendan Smith of the forwards. 

Jack being saddled with him and Holtz is kinda criminal.  And that’s not to knock Holtz, really, but he’s not quite worthy of playing with Jack just yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Funny how that guy hasn’t been around much lately.  I can’t imagine why 🤪.

Not like anyone misses him

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack being saddled with him and Holtz is kinda criminal.  And that’s not to knock Holtz, really, but he’s not quite worthy of playing with Jack just yet.

Agreed. Holtz has done nothing with this opportunity. It’s been Jack getting points in spite of those guys. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Man you hate the kid. 

Not as much as Jack hates Vitek and Schmid lol...dude couldn't wait to say 'we got the saves' a couple times after recent wins.  Well you got the saves tonight, and y'all still sucked.  I don't actually hate him and he's definitely played injured this year but he also definitely needs an attitude wake-up call, clearly so do a lot of people on this team.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Someone wipe this dog sh!t team from my memory.

will smith mib GIF

Can we just pass that around tonight?  Like it’s a joint?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Not as much as Jack hates Vitek and Schmid lol...dude couldn't wait to say 'we got the saves' a couple times after recent wins.  Well you got the saves tonight, and y'all still sucked.  I don't actually hate him and he's definitely played injured this year but he also definitely needs an attitude wake-up call, clearly so do a lot of people on this team.

He’s been very good lately though. Tonight not so much, but it just seemed like a weird dig. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Agreed. Holtz has done nothing with this opportunity. It’s been Jack getting points in spite of those guys. 

Agree as well.  Holtz has not acquitted himself well at all.  He wanted a chance to play as a top-six forward, and he’s done nothing to elevate his game.

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nationally televised game with a chance to actually pull into playoff contention…

if any of you gamblers didn’t bet the Sabres in this one wtf are you doing?

What I can't get over is they got up 2-0, they looked like they were gonna run these a$$holes out of the building after fifteen minutes the way they did earlier in the season in NJ and they...just...stopped...playing

Honestly this is a huge offseason for Fitz, and not just for goaltending and coaching.  He really needs to examine the room and determine if it's JUST a coaching issue or if there are chemistry issues that need to be ironed out in the room a la Lou binning off Sykora post-2002.  Games like tonight definitely have happened way too often this season and lend you to think they need a bit of a culture change, more than just a coach will bring - unless the coach is Lemaire or Burns 2.0 which isn't happening.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Agree as well.  Holtz has not acquitted himself well at all.  He wanted a chance to play as a top-six forward, and he’s done nothing to elevate his game.

If he’s gotta be the one to go in a package for a goalie, so be it.  Feels like him ever putting it all together at this point is 50-50 at absolute best.

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If he’s gotta be the one to go in a package for a goalie, so be it.  Feels like him ever putting it all together at this point is 50-50 at absolute best.

I’m even less excited about Mercer.  I know he’s still very young, but he’s another guy who disappears for long stretches and doesn’t offer much if he’s not scoring.

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

What I can't get over is they got 2-0, they looked like they were gonna run these a$$holes out of the building after fifteen minutes the way they did earlier in the season in NJ and they...just...stopped...playing

Honestly this is a huge offseason for Fitz, and not just for goaltending and coaching.  He really needs to examine the room and determine if it's JUST a coaching issue or if there are chemistry issues that need to be ironed out in the room a la Lou binning off Sykora post-2002.

Dude, this is a fair question.

I don’t think Jack, Luke, Timo, Jesper, Nico, and Nemec are going anywhere, and I don’t think that they should at this point in the window.

Everyone else, none of them are remotely untouchable.  Here’s looking at you Dawson.

• Like 2