GDT: Devs @ Rags 7:00 PM TNT/Tru TV

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I'd love to see the look on Bettman and Daly's face as they flip the card over to see a Devils logo 😂

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d love to get that pick just to see every other fanbase lose their sh!t. 

Only to see Fitz give that pick to Nashville for Saros or to Calgary for Markstrom 🙄

You know what would be cool imo, not even being in the position of thinking about pulling the top ping pong ball and what look is on whose face.  You know maybe rather do something absolutely crazy like thinking about actually playing in the playoffs. Not losing that hope 2-3 months before the end of the season. Yay we won a round last year, first and only one in 12 - TWELVE seasons (counting this year).

Well maybe next year, seems like we might want to hang that banner in the rafters at this point.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The #1 overall? Not a chance. 

How about a trade with Nashville pre- draft order selection? Like hey we will give you our first unconditionally...if Trotz is a  gambler...he might like that action...just  the thought of getting Celebrini regardless of its actual likely hood is pretty intoxicating. Meanwhile, it is overwhelmingly likely we don't move up. If that lessens the cost for Saros then I am in...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

You know what would be cool imo, not even being in the position of thinking about pulling the top ping pong ball and what look is on whose face.  You know maybe rather do something absolutely crazy like thinking about actually playing in the playoffs. Not losing that hope 2-3 months before the end of the season. Yay we won a round last year, first and only one in 12 - TWELVE seasons (counting this year).

Well maybe next year, seems like we might want to hang that banner in the rafters at this point.

Since playing in the playoffs is a pipe dream for the 2024 Devils, I’ll take the pick and the outrage it causes. 

1 minute ago, hystyk28 said:

How about a trade with Nashville pre- draft order selection? Like hey we will give you our first unconditionally...i

Fitz wouldn’t do that, nor should he. That would be terrible asset management.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

Wow, I didn't realize Bill Walsh was on the Cincinnati staff before he went to the 49ers. That's awful.  

Yep. Sure bit them in the ass when they went 0-2 against him in two Super Bowls. 

• Like 2

Marino shouldn’t even have be out there. Literally wtf is the point of Brendan Smith if you’re not going to use him in a situation like that? Big brain stuff from Travis Green. 

And let Rags fans focus on that pic if it helps them feel better about their hero Rempe losing his fight. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Marino shouldn’t even have be out there. Literally wtf is the point of Brendan Smith if you’re not going to use him in a situation like that? Big brain stuff from Travis Green. 

Green said had he known a line brawl was going to take place, he wouldn’t have had Marino out there. He’s a fvcking moron, just like his predecessor.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Green said had he known a line brawl was going to take place, he wouldn’t have had Marino out there. He’s a fvcking moron, just like his predecessor.

Oh he’s absolutely a fvcking dope.  He’s a danger to any team dumb enough to add him to its staff.  Now having witnessed the small sample here, I have no idea how he lasted as long as he did with Vancouver.  He brings less than nothing.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh he’s absolutely a fvcking dope.  He’s a danger to any team dumb enough to add him to its staff.  Now having witnessed the small sample here, I have no idea how he lasted as long as he did with Vancouver.  He brings less than nothing.

I'd rather have Andy Greene than Travis Green coaching this team.

With this sample size of Green as HC, I'd expect Fitz to give him a 5 year contract as the HC of your New Jersey Devils starting in the 2024-25 season. 🤣😂

• Angry 1

On 4/4/2024 at 3:44 AM, PacificDevil said:

Its kinda interesting point that Fitz started trading UFAs such as Miller and Toffoli thinking that season is lost but in reality there was still a lot to play for given how inconsistent the wildcard-holding and chasing teams started playing.

I wanted to post about that.  I believe there is nothing more inexcusable than a GM giving up on the team.  There was plenty of time and he should have done whatever was necessary to help make the playoffs.  Despite everything that went on this season, that pissed me off the most!

It’s one thing to punt, but another to tank the rest of the season.  This fish stinks from the head down.

Fans are still paying to watch this team and I don’t think they’re discounting tickets because, oh well, wait for next year because we gave up!  I can’t recall a team that has a chance to make the playoffs being sellers.

19 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s bullsh!t, is that why he started with the rest of that lineup?  He should be fired for putting Marino out there.

He is lying to cover his ass.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He should be fired for a lot of other things too. Chief among them being a terrible coach. 

Six more games, and he will be—unless Fitz has decided that he hates being an NHL GM, of course.

• Like 2