Danton's Days As A Devil Appear Over

Weekes Head

I do think the Devils need his type.

However, the team concept always is most important with us. They've pretty much given him every chance.

His agent appears to be even dumber than Danton. Often times one of the problems people with personal problems have is in judging who they should keep around them as confidantes.

As always, I have faith in Lou's decision.

I trust in Lou.

I despise disloyalty and stupidity.

We have no one to replace him, and the way he is leaving means we get nothing for him.

We are not as good a hockey team without him. But I guess their aremore important things.

I hope Lou has something up his sleeve.

I completely disagree with what many have said about Danton's value on this board because I feel he does have trade value.

I feel strongly that he could end up in Tampa Bay with his old pal Sheldon Keefe, or in Florida with Skidrhi. Dudley has always been a fan of Danton's and he by far a Mike Keenan player.

Florida might be willing to surrender a Marcus Nilson, but an Ivan Novoseltsev might cost a prospect or a #2 draft pick along with Danton.

Tampa might not be willing to give up as much.

I would also keep an eye out for Atlanta or Nashville to have interest.

Remember just because Lou doesnt like him doesnt mean he has no value

Granted his escapades have hurt his overall status.

I think they can get something back for him. Danton played well in his role.

He should be a Maple Leaf.

I always thought of danton as another d. tucker type. I do think he has some trade value, but not as a leaf. There is no one out there to replace him. We'll just have to see. Maybe lou has been "showcasing" him anyway to see if anybody wants him, like the yotes.

vince

Lou Lams & David Poile were talking outside in the concourse tonight as I walked by, and I heard Lou mention Danton as I was walking by. I don't see the Preds picking up this guy, though.....Lou was probably just filling him in on the problem.

And Lou's not as tall as I thought he'd be :lol:

Seems I am in the minority here, I think the Devils do need his type. Even Claude Lemieux himself barely got a long with Lou Lams. Most have pointed out that his Agent seems to be talking up Danton's abilities and its having the effect of ruining Mike's chances in NJ.

I agree

The Devils need a type of player like Danton

this Devil team obviously has trouble getting motivated for games, as can be seseen from there play and from teh comments made by Burns himself.

A player like Danton, or as Minder mentions, Cladue Lemiuex, gets his team up when they are down. They provide that spark a team might need sometimes to get going and unfortunately that seems to be teh Devils main problem

But now sinece the problem is public, we won't get as much for Danton.

I say a late round pick at this point or maybe Val Bure

As the clearly drunken Fett mentions, Danton could have been a spark..

I suspect, however, that if his play were anything like that I saw on Wednesday, with him running around in the defensive zone, and going out of his way to hit people, is not something the Devils want. There's a difference between being a spark for your team and being one for the other team as well.

Danton may very well ruin his NHL career if he doesn't become more disciplined, both on and off the ice. There's only so many chances out there for a guy with his limited skills.