Niedermayer expects to test market

Rock

What do you expect from a Flyers fan? These are the same poeple that jerk-off all over themselves for being in first place in March.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MadDog, I understand that you're a passionate fan and you loathe the Flyers or any bitter rival.

But don't ya think you could have worded it a little better?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they choked against the bolts? Your kidding me? Have you ever heard of injuries? They were a TAD plauged by them.

No injuries they win the cup easy with the way they and esche were playing.

as for "figuring out marty", they actually owned marty fairly well in the regular season along with the playoffs. Where until game 5 marty was far from super human.

another funny note...super joni was actually at game 5.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They didnt win and they were picked by most people to beat the bolts, and we had injuries too so dont give me that excuse and we couldn't shoot a puck into the ocean that series except for game 3. They choked just like they choked in the finals against the wings and when they choked when they had a 3-1 series lead against us :D

I wouldn't really classify them losing to the #1 seed Tampa Lightning as a choke. Yikes. Tampa had home ice and they had more offensive weapons than the Flyers in that series. If not for Primeau, Tampa would have won that much easier.

A choke is when a team blows a big lead. I'm not going to use any examples. It's time to move forward.

they choked against the bolts? Your kidding me? Have you ever heard of injuries? They were a TAD plauged by them.

No injuries they win the cup easy with the way they and esche were playing.

as for "figuring out marty", they actually owned marty fairly well in the regular season along with the playoffs. Where until game 5 marty was far from super human.

another funny note...super joni was actually at game 5.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They didnt win and they were picked by most people to beat the bolts, and we had injuries too so dont give me that excuse and we couldn't shoot a puck into the ocean that series except for game 3. They choked just like they choked in the finals against the wings and when they choked when they had a 3-1 series lead against us :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no they didn't choke. And i heard from more people that the bolts would win actually...so there goes that argument.

as for the wings? You don't choke when you get swept. You just get seriously outplayed. But that 3-1 undoing? Ok i'll accept that.

But they didn't choke against the bolts. Also don't even compare your injuries to the ones the flyers had. You want to count brodeur? Sure count him. You still had niedermayer. you didn't lose dejardins, ragnarsson, have a jonsson with a broken hand. The flyers lost 2 and a half players. And the importance of rags is something i highly doubt you could understand. He doesn't put anything on the stat sheet, but if you watch him game in and out the guy is freaking outstanding. The devils lost stevens? you can count that as a huge loss, but then i find it odd how you play up how you set a record for lowest goals allowed in a season still without stevens as some kind of plus. the devils obviously made up for the loss of stevens that year and learned to play without him so i don't think thats a plausible argument.

Fact is, the flyers had a lot of serious injuries. Roenick played injured the entire playoffs mind you as well. The entire year the flyers had lots of serious injuries. They did lose true, but it was hardly from playing horrible. If your going to try to make that argument you didn't see game 7 or any of the series for that matter.

What do you expect from a Flyers fan? These are the same poeple that jerk-off all over themselves for being in first place in March.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MadDog, I understand that you're a passionate fan and you loathe the Flyers or any bitter rival.

But don't ya think you could have worded it a little better?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry. My hate for the Flyers and their fans tends to make me word things pretty bluntly sometimes.

Considering it's the Stanley Cup Finals I think both teams should put up enough of a challenge to at least win a game.  So, yes I consider getting swept by the Wings an excellent choke job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

meh different standards.....i guess it is in a different sense. so nevermind your right

Fact is, the flyers had a lot of serious injuries. Roenick played injured the entire playoffs mind you as well. The entire year the flyers had lots of serious injuries. They did lose true, but it was hardly from playing horrible..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like Maddog here my hatred for the flyers is deep so i shouldnt have used the word choked. I never said they played horrible but they lost yet another series and didnt win the cup and thats all that matters when it comes down to it.

If your going to try to make that argument you didn't see game 7 or any of the series for that matter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha so wrong there, i was at every flyer playoff home game :D

Fact is, the flyers had a lot of serious injuries. Roenick played injured the entire playoffs mind you as well. The entire year the flyers had lots of serious injuries. They did lose true, but it was hardly from playing horrible..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like Maddog here my hatred for the flyers is deep so i shouldnt have used the word choked. I never said they played horrible but they lost yet another series and didnt win the cup and thats all that matters when it comes down to it.

If your going to try to make that argument you didn't see game 7 or any of the series for that matter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm ok...wait your a devils fan and you go to flyers games regularly!!!! thats a twist...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm ok...wait your a devils fan and you go to flyers games regularly!!!! thats a twist...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whats more of a twist is that is coming from someone who roots for several teams, some of which are in the same divison, i was there because its hockey i wasnt rooting for anyone

Edited by Satans Child

Talking about hatred of fans, could your hatred be found in the fact that Flyers/Devils games in NJ usually end up with half Flyer fans and half Devil fans?

Game 5 of that series last year was so awesome, 2 Devils fans were sitting behind me and the taunting did not stop all game. Even after the softy allowed by Marty to knock you guys out

DANNY F'ING MARKOV!!

whats more of a twist is that is coming from someone who roots for several teams, some of which are in the same divison, i was there because its hockey i wasnt rooting for anyone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

talk about not letting go...sorry i like multiple teams i'm a bad person.

guys its four freaking teams. Get over it. So waht if they're in the same division. Maybe we should freak out over buccingros cause he likes all 30 evenly!!!!

I really really really like hockey, at first i only really followed the bruins, but i dunno hockey became an obssesion, so i started following a lot of teams that had interesting goalies and players, then i started liking multiple teams...forgive me father for i have sinned.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

guys its four freaking teams. Get over it. So waht if they're in the same division. Maybe we should freak out over buccingros cause he likes all 30 evenly!!!!

I really really really like hockey, at first i only really followed the bruins, but i dunno hockey became an obssesion, so i started following a lot of teams that had interesting goalies and players, then i started liking multiple teams...forgive me father for i have sinned.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you were the one who said it was such a twist that i went to the flyers playoffs games. I went because well the devils were knocked out(i go to all the devils home games and like 25 plus road games) and the titans didnt make the playoffs and the phantoms were knocked out in the 2nd round. I even went and saw the wilkes barre pens win the calder cup cause i just like hockey, no matter how much i hate those teams i dont mind watching them play in playoff games, but i dont root for them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you were the one who said it was such a twist that i went to the flyers playoffs games. I went because well the devils were knocked out(i go to all the devils home games and like 25 plus road games) and the titans didnt make the playoffs and the phantoms were knocked out in the 2nd round. I even went and saw the wilkes barre pens win the calder cup cause i just like hockey, no matter how much i hate those teams i dont mind watching them play in playoff games, but i dont root for them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i just thought it was weird to pay over a sh!tload of money to see a game you didnt care about when you could watch it on tv.

Talking about hatred of fans, could your hatred be found in the fact that Flyers/Devils games in NJ usually end up with half Flyer fans and half Devil fans?

Game 5 of that series last year was so awesome, 2 Devils fans were sitting behind me and the taunting did not stop all game. Even after the softy allowed by Marty to knock you guys out

DANNY F'ING MARKOV!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

keep deluding yourself

Its the playoffs and nothing beats the playoff crowds and hockey is the best sport in the world live, and it sucks on tv(btw just to clear this up I don't have any problem with you or you liking more than 1 team i just thought it was odd that you said it was such a twist that i went to the flyers games)

Its the playoffs and nothing beats the playoff crowds and hockey is the best sport in the world live, and it sucks on tv(btw just to clear this up I don't have any problem with you or you liking more than 1 team i just thought it was odd that you said it was such a twist that i went to the flyers games)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unless you're at a Devils game and the stadium is only half full

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd love to jump into this thread, but I have a hard time getting bent out of shape over one bad series. I mean, I think I'd be more upset if, say, my franchise hadn't seen a Cup in 30 years. But that's just me.

<JESTER>

Ugh, the one thing bad thing about hockey being back is trolling Flyer and Rag fans talking trash on the board. :puke: I really didn't miss that.

All I have to say to SuperJoni is 1975 and the choke to end all chokes 2000! LETS GO DEVILS!

If you are going to hang around SJ you'd better come up with better material than attendance make-up at Devils games. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unless you're at a Devils game and the stadium is only half full

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think your going to make friends around here real fast.

And really, please come up with something original to seperate yourself from all the other trolls. I mean if your going to come here and try to piss us off, you might as well come up with something we havent seen 500 million times already from "fans" like yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd love to jump into this thread, but I have a hard time getting bent out of shape over one bad series. I mean, I think I'd be more upset if, say, my franchise hadn't seen a Cup in 30 years. But that's just me.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And as said before, I already pointed out it wouldn't take long for one of you monkeys to bring that up

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And as said before, I already pointed out it wouldn't take long for one of you monkeys to bring that up

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohh monkeys ZING, you really got us there.