Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

I dont remember him on Anaheim?  Did this happen before the lockout?  It is showing his former team as the ducks.  Either way, Colorado's defense is going to hurt this yr.

No Foote, No More Skoula.

Just Blake and scrap metal.. maybe Liles is ok

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do remember he was traded last season, split his time between Anaheim and Colorado.

Anyways, here's further confirmation: http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=132299

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nieds will be making his decision today according to TSN.

Scott Niedermayer says he'll likely decide Wednesday where he will play hockey this season.

The Norris Trophy winner is said to be mulling offers from four to five teams, including the New Jersey Devils.

"I'm kind of hoping that at the end of the day, we'll know who's where. Then we can make a decision," Niedermayer tells the New York Post.

Following Tuesday's free agent frenzy, agent Kevin Epp admits things are moving along faster than he expected.

"Teams don't want to miss out on someone else, so they want to know," said Epp. "We could have it all done sometime (today)."

Niedermayer was awarded $7-million by an arbitrator last season before the year was wiped out by the lockout. The previous year, he earned $4-million.

New Jersey is believed to be offering a deal worth $6.8-million a season. Vancouver, Detroit, Calgary and Pittsburgh are also said to be in the mix.

"I think they're just looking around, feeling the waters," Epp tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review of the Penguins interest, adding he doesn't believe they are prepared to meet Niedermayer's salary demands of between $6.5-million to $7-million a season

The suspense is killing me.

maybe it should be Kevin INeppED.

(I always think of Epp with Chris Farley's voice and mannerisms)

"Man I KNEW I shouldn't have asked Mario to pick up the check...MAN it went over like a lead baloon but I was just joking! what was I THINKING! DAmmit! Shoot.. I shouldn't have had the filet.. I knew that DAMMIT! and that third beer was sort of outta line I think... "

Edited by Darwindog

Iginla's $7M has officially set the level for star forward. $6.5 will be the level for star defenseman. And only a few will get that.

Very good forward (Naslund level) looks to be around $5-$6M.

Good-Very Good defenseman seems to be $4-$5M.

all this means that Satan and Rafalski will be looking at $4.5M/year and Forsberg will probably get about $6M/year.

This thread has become toodifficult to read... anyone else think we need a subforum for FA signings?? or at least 1 thread for each signing???

if you are gone for a few hours you need to rad through 4 pages of posts to see if you missed anything... much easier to read a list of thread names...

So, the Nieds sweepstakes is between Devs in the East, and the Ducks/Flames/Canucks out West ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know. According to Spectors, the Isles claim they are announcing the signing of another defenseman other than Zhitnik, who they describe as 'young and mobile'. Whether that is a Berard, a Rafalski, or a Nieds depends on Mad Mike, his budget and his definition of young, I guess.

It may not be true either -- I mean none is scheduled that I've heard about. Nieds would be AWFUL on the Island. Historically speaking i love it... but with the likes of Peca ... bleeeehh. All of the worst in Nieds will come out - it'll be an icky fit and nieds will HATE it... unless he sails...the Sound might be fun... :noclue: but really Nieds and the Fishsticks makes very little sense... cents? who knows?

The pens have had a killer powerplay for bout 2 years now. Really because of their defense at the point. Jackman and Tarnstrom run powerplays beatifully now they have gonchar? DAMN.

Skoula got traded to anaheim towards teh end of the season from colorado. He freaking sucks.

If they are calling a press conference to make this annoucement, it must be huge.  Neids could have a condo on the Island and keep his home in NJ.  Or could be Ralfalski. . . Or I could be wrong. :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's certainly have the cap room for Rafalski at least. Even signing Zhitnik put him at only about $20 million without qualifiers and I can't imagine it took all that much to qualify the guys on his list, maybe $5 million, if that. So he's at $25 million, at most. Say he doesn't want to go above $36M, which is reasonable, he can still fit a Rafalski in for $3M without a problem. And if he wants to take the plunge and go all the way up near the cap, he could try for Nieds, and still leave himself room to pick up a few lesser-known guys to fill key spots near the end of the FA frenzy.

I hate kovalev. He sucks THE ENTIRE YEAR. And then he decides "lets play hard for one series in the playoffs" and its against the freaking bruisn...agh.

It will be interesting nonetheless to see how he does a full season next to koivu.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.