OLN Cablevision Subscibers

ljc99

Just another instance of Cablevision f#$%ing their customers.

Why anyone uses them is beyond me. Anyone that subscribes to Cablevision knows what they're getting into.

Every hockey fan should call cablevision and cancel their service on the same day and move to satellite.

They have to be the worst run company in America.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had Cablevision had a slight tree problem (neighbors) thought it was enough to get the sattelite signal through (it was) branches grew together (trees from 2 different neighbors) lost signal, now back with Cablevision due to they have my town's rights. I am not moving, I like having most of the channels, so I'm screwed by having Cablevision. :rant:

Edited by Rock

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. No sense in me buying the package for $5 a month now.

hopefully by next season this stuff will be worked out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check that. OLN has exclusive rights to the Conference Finals too.

And the first 2 SC Final games.

These games will air consistently on Monday and Tuesday nights and be exclusive to the network.

OLN will carry the NHL All-Star Game (2007) exclusively in the US

and will provide wall-to-wall coverage throughout the Stanley Cup Playoffs, including exclusive Conference Final action and the first two games of the Stanley Cup Final.

Can they use the word 'exclusive' any more frequently?!

So that's where it really hurts the league. The Regular season games aren't too bad, but when the Cablevision viewers get blacked out for the entire Conference Finals & SC Final games, that is a real black-eye on the deal.

So that's where it really hurts the league. The Regular season games aren't too bad, but when the Cablevision viewers get blacked out for the entire Conference Finals & SC Final games, that is a real black-eye on the deal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do I get the feeling the league didn't spend a whole lot of time thinking this through before they signed the deal?

And didn't we sign a long term deal with FSNY to cover ALL of the the Devil's games.

This OLN stuff can't prempt that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, the next 20 years are on Fox Sports !!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2004

Devils' Broadcasts to Continue on

FOX Sports Net New York

East Rutherford , NJ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do I get the feeling the league didn't spend a whole lot of time thinking this through before they signed the deal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I guess they counted out the Rags from the Conf-Finals !

Just like when your city gets selected to host the Supe Bowl, its basically telling you that your team sucks & has no chance at winning that year.

But the NHL will be screwed if the Devs and/or Isles make the Conf-finals.

Well I guess they counted out the Rags from the Conf-Finals !

Just like when your city gets selected to host the Supe Bowl, its basically telling you that your team sucks & has no chance at winning that year.

But the NHL will be screwed if the Devs and/or Isles make the Conf-finals.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Islanders maybe since Cablevision dominates LI (and even then I don't think it would be a big difference) but I don't see how it would matter that much if the Devils or Rangers make the Conf Finals. Remember, it's *just* Cablevision that has this problem. If you have DirecTV, Time Warner, RCN or Comcast you're covered. That includes most of the Tri-State area.

Clearly you people forget that the center of the universe isn't New York City, it's Toronto. smilydev.gif

It's not even that Rowdy, most people who actually live in New York City have Time Warner which gets OLN regularly. People who are calling this a doom and gloom thing think the center of the universe is some New York suburbs.

Edited by PeteyNice

You're right Petey, I'm being a bit self-centered.

Ultimately I'm sure it will be worked out.

And since the Devs typically play just a few Monday night games, whereas the Rangers play more often then, it will be the Ranger fans in NJ that will be inconvenienced the most during the Regular season.

However, all hockey fans in the 3-million houses where Cablevision rules will be hurt during the Semi-Finals & Final.

Just how many people are in 1% of 3 million ? :)

Red,

OLN is showing all their Mon/Tue gmaes & the playoffs -- but only on cable networks where OLN is part of the basic sports cable package.

In Cablevision, OLN is available as a premium sports package for $5 month.

So only Cablevision customers will not be able to see any games on OLN.

This will effect about 2 Devs Reg. season games only this year.

Hopefully by next year the OLN/Cablevision issue will be fixed.

But if you have Cablevision you are screwed for this year on the 60 Reg season games, and the East/west Conference Finals & the first 2 games of the Cup.

I donot understand this... so OLN is only available through a sports package... and even if we buy the sports package the games will be blacked ut???  WHY???

So OLN is paying all this money to NOT SHOW games???

This makes NO sense what so ever...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OLN wants their network on basic cable, they are using the blacking out of games as leverage to achieve that goal.

it's just a bargaining chip for now.

logic runs like this:

We (the nhl) are not going to make a deal where our fans are forced to pay a premium to receive the national broadcast games. If you (the cable company) are not going to offer the oln channel on basic service, then we will force those games to be blacked out on your service.

Cable company then says, gee, I can't have a dozen or so angry hockey fans cancel and switch to dish network, o.k., i give, "uncle".

Bettman has postured it so it looks like he's got your (the fans) best interest in mind - you shouldn't have to pay a premium for this channel.

Problem is, he's basically using the YES network's approach, but they were broadcasting yankee games, and that riled up millions of subcribers, hockey will rile up, a couple dozen maybe, at least until the playoffs when suddenly they're shut out, but by then it will be too late.

Well, hopefully they figure it all out over the next 2 months, eh.

This is Comcast (OLN) doing to Cablevision, what Cablevision has practiced with other channels over the years. (MSG before they bought them & Yes). It's negotiation.

It is F*#@king hilarious, because Cablevision probably invented the practice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's it in a nutshell. And P.S. The NHL deserves to take some heat for this cause they knew about it. Some spokesman had a ridiculous quote saying that Cablevision subscribers shouldn't be concerned.

Sucks for those who have it.

This is Comcast (OLN) doing to Cablevision, what Cablevision has practiced with other channels over the years. (MSG before they bought them & Yes). It's negotiation.

It is F*#@king hilarious, because Cablevision probably invented the practice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't believe I have been saying this from the get go...wierd :wacko: I agree that is hilarious eldon :rofl:

Jester, cancel that mofo! All games will be blacked out. You need to buy Center Ice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Petey...games can be blacked out on Center Ice...i.e. Dev games that were on Metro weren't available on Center Ice :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is in Michigan though. He only has to worry when we play Detroit. The point I was making though is that if you are out of market and pay for the various Fox Sports channels you will be blacked out of all pro games that they show (to make you buy Center Ice, Extra Innings, etc).