Hurricane Relief Concert

Zamode

Today Jesse Jackson or someone was condoning his behavior.. saying its true.. and well.. it sorta is true.. but that wasnt the time and place to go on a rant about it.

He is still an idiot, he had to wait 5 days until he decided he was going to call his business manager to figure out how much money he could give.

I'm sure he had already given money. It's sorta like myself. I gave $25 on the first day. Once I started hearing the emotional appeals and how grave the situation was, I checked my bank book to see if I could afford a $100 more.

This isn't a heartless man... the Kanye West Foundation raises money for underpriviledged kids to get access to music lessons and to promote keeping these kids in school. He obviously was in an emotional state, and he readily admits that his heart speaks before the brain is engaged.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I got his "Late Registration" album yesterday. Great stuff.

I just dont think the administration is racist. Bush is colorblind I really beleive that - I think as colorblind a president as we've ever had.

But the dude has NO concept of poor - no concept of how environmental factors can INDEED hold a person down. Drives me NUTS how Marie Antionette he is--- just no concept or care in the world about "those less fortunate" He spouts off like they're all lazy slobs and get whats coming to them. but it's not about color race or any of that - it's all dollars and cents with this guy. Of course I equally hate the folks who wallow in virtuous deeds for "those less fortunate" :puke: Shut up and help out and stop patting yourselves on the back already... I could be as broke as the next guy at any given moment. Not to wax Foamy the Squirrel - but really just shut up and help out and RESPECT human life and moreover human dignity even where it appears to have taken a holiday. Who cares if your fellow man is behaving respectfully -- in situations such as this honor and respect have been earned through mere survival. Finger pointing is finger pointing no matter what the motivation - "Lazy f*cker" is the same as "poor bastard" or the latest and greatest "disenfranchised" get a freaking CLUE already :rolleyes: it's all as humiliating as the next lable slapped on someone.

It's been more than depressing the varied responses on all levels to this disaster. :saddevil:

Edited by Darwindog

I saw a blip of Kanye West today and saw what triggered him to make his statements about calling the black people looters....

There was a news channel or site with photos of people and there was a photo of a black man with a case of soda and plastic bag waist deep in water and the caption read along the lines of : this man is seen looting for soda and other goods.

and then there was a photo of a white couple with soda and bread and stuff and the caption read along the lines of : this couple took bread and sida from a grocery store for survival.

so he saw those and got really upset at the portrayal of black people..

still not hte time and place... and still doesnt explain " Bush hates black people"

But after seeing the clip i do have to say he seemed srot of out of it.. choked up and just staring.. he may have been in a minor state of shock or something

i thought it was kind of funny, i mean it was wrong obviously, but he just bursted out GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE! in terms of true politics its obviously something bad, but i mean it can be used to poke fun at....in a way its kinda odd, because he was so timid and nervous the entire time and you'd think a rapper of all people could speak elequently or whatever, guess not.

as high as my disdain for bush is i dont' think he flat out "doesnt' care" about black people. i think he along with the american government in general over the past years democrat or republican have put certain races in certain positions over the years and have failed to correct it.

politicians don't care about people whether they're black or white. They care about power, and the cool thing about our system is they need the will of the people to acquire and maintain that power. So the only reason they have to care about people is as a proxy to their power, whether they be republican or democrat.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

George Bush isn't racist.

He's classist, just like his mother.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spare me.

Which party in EVERY election plays the "class" card....as well as the "race" card....and the etc., etc., etc.,........

The country's turning conservative. Might as well jump on board.

That's what reading one-sided stuff will do for you, isn't it.

Per Gallup: 45% approval rating for W... 34% satisfied with the state of the country, 62% dissatisfied.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say no too, that poll means nothing.

Which one?  Or the Gallup poll in general?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any approval rating poll. They don't show whether conservatism or liberalism is on the rise, they only tell current trends in our country.

There was a time when Bush had the highest approval rating of any President in history. Does that say that 90% of the nation is conservative? No it doesn't. If Gallup called me and asked if I approve of Bush today, I would say No. There are plenty of conservative that disaprove of Bush, esspecially since the 2004 Election, and they are right.

If we caught Bin Laden today and gas prices fell to $2, Bush's ratings and our nation's state ratings would sky rocket. These polls mean nothing.

There was a time when Bush had the highest approval rating of any President in history.

Having two of the most prominent buildings in the nation destroyed by a bunch of foreigners kinda does that. You'll hate to hear this, but Gore's approval rating would've been 90% at that time too had he been president.

If we caught Bin Laden today and gas prices fell to $2, Bush's ratings and our nation's state ratings would sky rocket.

Yeah, because the populace would finally get a sense that he's doing something right for a change.

Edited by Rowdyfan42

There was a time when Bush had the highest approval rating of any President in history.

Having two of the most prominent buildings in the nation destroyed by a bunch of foreigners kinda does that. You'll hate to hear this, but Gore's approval rating would've been 90% at that time too had he been president.

Yes Rowdy, that is exactly my point.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.