Lost Season Two Thread

Zamode

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you have time to double post...sure...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha....well i didnt have double posting time on weds night :)

that is the second time thats happened though in 2 days..and im not clicking anything more than once... weird...spooky... freaky...

possessed computer

Nah... maybe she doesnt obsess as some of us do ..... :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was totally obsessed with lost in the beginning.. the end of the season bored me.. i dont know why..and this episode wasnt really doing much for me so i started the paper :) I didnt finish the paper though:)

and its been 2 days now/

Kate's face when she hears Mama Cass is classic!

This episode spent way too much time on the raft and answered nothing about what's going on in the bunker!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They had to tell you about the raft eventually...interesting the way they tied it into what we didn't exactly see about Kate in the hatch and everything...This episode seemed kinda like a filler with no revelations...ahh well, next week should be one hell of a week!

I like the way it slowed down, and how it showed the different prespectives a scene can take. Anyone else get chills when the others made their brief appearance? Crap ! I said here comes the 'Flood' ( obscure Halo reference) -- There is something not right about the Desmond / Jack / bunker timeline... anyone else feel that its wrong?

I like the way it slowed down, and how it showed the different prespectives a scene can take. Anyone else get chills when the others made their brief appearance? Crap !  I said here comes the 'Flood' ( obscure Halo reference)  --  There is something not right about the Desmond / Jack / bunker timeline... anyone else feel that its wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Might not really be wrong I mean cuz in that time Jack fell in love with Sarah, got married and divorced (or whatever) So could be a decent amount of time. I'm still wrapping my head around the countdown timer where "the" numbers are the code to restart it or something. Who knows...there are a lot of little questions that have yet to be answered and next week looks like there will be even more.

There is something not right about the Desmond / Jack / bunker timeline... anyone else feel that its wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where's the discrepancy? ( I actualy saw both shows :boogie: )

I'll probably never see another episode again :(

There is something not right about the Desmond / Jack / bunker timeline... anyone else feel that its wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where's the discrepancy? ( I actualy saw both shows :boogie: )

I'll probably never see another episode again :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The equipment - thier ages - the meeting they had - Jack being a surgeon at such a young age - it somehow doesnt add up in my head , but hey, its just a stupid show .... :blahblah:

Why are you not watching again ?

I forget to tune in. Of course when I remember then I have to deal with my husband ranting about commercials. I dont mind them because I can do dishes etc.

Hey I forgot to watch that dancing thing... I ought to go check their website...

Hmm as for timeline -- there are no really specific refences to timelines...just lots of lines on a wall... :P One could be a practicing surgeon by 28 I think. This guy Jack must be pushing 40 because the actor is my age. If Desmond or whatever his name was has been there for ions (and you dont really know) then I was figuring he was readying himself for his trip around the world --- and ended up "Lost" along the way - maybe even immediately :noclue:

But thing of it is -- it could well be the rules of time/space cease to exist on the LOST Island

Edited by Darwindog

I really did not like last night's episode. After the permier they hyped it saying that their destiny would be revealed and then nothing was revealed until the last minute and that had nothing to do with anyone's destiny. Next week is going to have to be *really* good to make up for the crapfest last night.

Last night pushed Veronica Mars ahead of Lost in my Best Dramas on TV list.

Hmmm...I think I saw this episode different than most of you...the timeline thing wasn't so askew to me...20 yrs was the difference...Locke did say he hadn't seen a terminal like that in 20 yrs...we have to remember these folks are only on the island 44 days...back and forth...back and forth from the raft to the bunker...I wish I had something to replay one scene tho...when the shark was shown from head to tail I could've swore it had a tatoo or branding on its back fin with the same logo that was on all the stuff in Desmond's bunker...then the supplies...candy was too fresh for me to comprehend...people being sick as Desmond inquired however the French woman did say her whole team got ill and she has been on the island 16 years...the ppl on the boat seemed ill or in the last stages of some illness...the Others seemed real sick...Shannon now is hearing voices...is this part of the illness??? Was this island some sort of experiment gone awry? Do different people have different symptoms??? Hallucinations??? Voices??? Irrational behavior??? Is the resetting of that calendar in the computer room like a clock telling Desmond when to take his next shot???

Well I think I just said too much..if so just shout and I can delete this post...hope I can still continue to not only watch Lost but to be able to comprehend anything :blink:

I wish I had something to replay one scene tho...when the shark was shown from head to tail I could've swore it had a tatoo or branding on its back fin with the same logo that was on all the stuff in Desmond's bunker

I caught that, and went back with TIVO. It was definately the same type of logo, though not identical. Where the logo in Desmonds place had a swan in the middle, and the word "dharma", the shark had only a straight line where the swan would be, and no words.

I also liked the way Michael gave the young Walt a Polar Bear stuffed animal as a going away present.

Lot of interseting things going on, though I agree last nights episode was pretty SLOW.

I am very interested to hear Desmonds story...

Chris

Assuming Desmond was placed there, he seemed to hope that Locke was his replacement or something. Didn't he ask him if he was the one?

Another thing I found interesting was when Locke said four of the survivors left on a raft that same morning. So all this has happened within a 24 hr span.

The logo said Dharma? Interesting, I believe that means the Hindu way of life or something along those lines.

The logo said Dharma? Interesting, I believe that means the Hindu way of life or something along those lines.

Yes apparently the logo itself also has a hindu influence, representing the 8 trigrams of the I Ching, which represents how humans interact with the elements. Not sure just going by things I have read. There does seem to be a hindu tie-in there.

Chris

As far as the time-line thing, Desmond may not have been the only one in the bunker. He may only have been there a few years - since he and Jack met at the stadium. He could have taken someone else's place, and is waiting for someone to take his - hence his question to Locke, "Are you him?".

And what about the riddle he asked Locke - "What did one snowman say to the other snowman?" or something like that????

I thought I was seeing things with the shark... I thought maybe it was mechanical but then there was blood when he shot it so i just figured I was seeing things :evil:

I didn't take the turn table or lava lamp (which bugged me because it was older than the computer terminal and the laval lamps I knew in the 70s were huge jobbers that sat on the floor - that looked like amodern one <_<) or old computer stuff to mean anything timeline-wise -- I figured they're on an island maybe it was cutting edge when the biosphere was created - or maybe it was old garbage they used - maybe the biosphere was for something else from a time before :noclue: Like I said -- I dont think there's anything concrete about any timeline going on there in any way shape or form except that there have been people on the island for at least 20 years probably longer since stuff like that takes time to plan as well...

The fact there is now another Doctor on the island is interesting (or at least a guy with medical training)

I haven't been watching but I thought the voices she was hearing were real... I mean I missed some of it and all last season but -- Walt was really there, right? I mean people could have very easily been in the woods.

So did the dude in the psych ward come from the biosphere? They were his numbers, right? That whole connection was neat.

So did he have fresh fruit there too for his breakfast or did I just imagine that? So he's growing stuff with the artificial sunlight?

Edited by Darwindog