GAME THREAD: Devils @ Lightning 7.30 pm ET

Weekes Head

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think the Devils played badly, they were just severely outmatched speed wise. It seemed like there were 10 Tampa skaters out there at all times. There's a definite pattern forming that the Devils have a real problem with aggressive forchecking teams. They need to work on a quick breakout to get out of the zone safely. I wish Janssen and Rassmussen could have gotten more time, but they would have looked like they were skating backwards with TB's speed...

That said, I really thought that they were going to get out of it with the win. After all the chances TB had and it was still scorless, I really thought the hockey gods were smiling. Oh well. Got a point.

-Dan

gomez was the worst of them....he had a really lazy performance and almost cost the devils the game because of a number of horribly inaccurate passes.

elias looked more tired than ineffective. they had to put parise in his spot for a shift late in the third to rest him. lou's playing elias a ton, considering the guy is coming back from serious illness with no training camp to get in shape.

Sometimes Marty shows up and the others don't and sometimes it's reversed, but when they both show up....watch out NHL!!!!!

With the way we under the kosh for most of the game, I am happy with a point.

Had we gone to the shootout, we would have won, and that would not have been fair.

Tampa dominated the game tonight, they desereved to win.

With the way we under the kosh for most of the game, I am happy with a point.

Had we gone to the shootout, we would have won, and that would not have been fair.

Tampa dominated the game tonight, they desereved to win.

Had we gone to the shootout and won, that would've been fair. Marty would've stoned them in the shootout like he stoned them in the game. He deserved the win. Just because the rest of the team didn't compete doesn't mean Marty doesn't deserve the W.

We didn't deserve to even be in OT. That game should've been 20-0 instead of 1-0

Marty :hail:

Rest of the team :puke:

Getting one point out of such a terrible effort :boogie:

I just got home from work, so I missed this one- but I was listening to Randy and Hennessy on the way home and they said Marty just STOOD ON HIS ABSOLUTE HEAD. They couldn't stop talking about the save he made on Lecaviler in OT. I'll be sure to catch the replay later, but it's a shame we couldn't get 2 points out of such a great performance from Marty. At least we got one point- it would've been awful if we had lost this game in regulation the way Marty played. We gotta take care of business against Florida with the week we have coming up. Ottawa and Carolina coming in, we can't squander 2 points against Florida.

We were lucky to get a point, as most of you have probably pointed out. Brodeur was phenomenal.

I could tell from the beginning that this would be a defensive struggle but the Devils mounted absolutely no attack and had no sustained pressure. We've been playing a lot of mediocre teams lately - while Tampa is mediocre in the standings, they are certainly capable of playing elite hockey, as they did tonight. They never let us break out well and even though they gifted us with some penalties, we couldn't take advantage there.

Elias looks more and more tired every game. This schedule is brutal for any player - Lou's got to sit him out every so often or risk having him be tired in the playoffs. Let's hope he doesn't make the Czech Republic team.

We still need a 2nd line.

Elias looks more and more tired every game. This schedule is brutal for any player - Lou's got to sit him out every so often or risk having him be tired in the playoffs. Let's hope he doesn't make the Czech Republic team.

Well fortunately there's a four-day break coming up after the Florida game. I can't really eat the team's lunch for lack of effort, Tampa was gonna be hungry to play after we ran 'em off their own ice a couple months back and as you pointed out the Devils have had a busy travel schedule the last couple weeks. Plus the shots on goal weren't that bad after the first period, although I know most of the shots in the second period came on the last couple power plays so they pretty much had their way for much of the game.

Definitely rest Marty. He needs a night off here. I'd even go as far as to say give Elias a night off too.

I know what you mean, but there's a 4-day break coming up after this game. We NEED this game tomorrow. Ottawa and Carolina next week- I'm not taking ANY chances. These are must-have points. They both play tomorrow if it's up to me. Not even an issue.

The Devils always make deals without any rumours. I guess they are looking for a premier defenceman right now. I guess they will swing a deal with the Calgary Flames involving Robyn Regehr and we mayhave to give them a young D, likely Hale and Kozlov since the Flames desperately need a center.

hale is playing great, i wouldn't be so eager to give him up. he's been very solid with albelin on the third pairing. i think if the devils weren't under so much pressure to get the points now, hale would've been given more ice time.

The Devils always make some shocking deals (the Arnott trade, Sykora.....), Iguess LOU will makesome changes in the deadline for sure. I think Langenbrunner, Kozlov, Hale, White and Clemmensen (along with Langdon, Oliwa) are the trade baits.