OGT: Devils @ Hurricanes

overtime98

Preview

njd_comp.gifcar_comp.gif

FSNY

7pm

STANDINGS: Devils - 93 points, 3rd place, 7 PB, Atlantic Division. Hurricanes - 108 points, 1st place, Southeast Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Devils - Gionta, 44 goals and 79 points; Gomez, 46 assists; Jason Wiemer, 94 PIM. Hurricanes - Eric Staal, 44 goals and 96 points; Cory Stillman, 53 assists; Mike Commodore, 136 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Devils - Power play: 17.6 percent (74 for 421), 20th in NHL. Penalty killing: 81.7 percent (277 for 339), 19th. Hurricanes - Power play: 18.0 percent (92 for 511), 15th. Penalty killing: 82.3 percent (348 for 423), 15th.

GOALTENDERS: Devils - Brodeur (39-23-7, 5 SO, 2.60 GAA); Scott Clemmensen (3-4-2, 3.35). Hurricanes - Martin Gerber (37-13-4, 3, 2.72); Cam Ward (14-8-2, 3.68 ).

SEASON SERIES: Hurricanes, 2-1.

LAST MEETING: Feb. 3; Devils, 3-0. At East Rutherford, N.J., Gionta scored and Brodeur made 28 saves to become the third goalie in league history to reach 100 career shutouts, including the playoffs.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Devils - 17-16-6 on the road; Hurricanes - 30-7-1 at home.

The New Jersey Devils try to advance to the postseason for the ninth consecutive season and extend their winning streak to eight games when they visit the Carolina Hurricanes.

New Jersey, in sixth place in the Eastern Conference, needs one point in its last four games to clinch a playoff berth. The Devils are two points behind fifth-place Philadelphia, and host the Flyers in consecutive games on Thursday and Sunday.

Devils Stats

Langenbrunner 3rd in scoring! :o:D

Big night for hockey tonight!

NYI NYR 7:00 PM EDT Rangers - (5-1-1)

PIT PHI 7:00 PM EDT OLN Flyers - (5-1-1)

NJD CAR 7:00 PM EDT Hurricanes - (2-1-0)

FLA TOR 7:30 PM EDT Maple Leafs - (3-0-0)

BOS OTT 7:30 PM EDT RDS Bruins - (4-3-0)

ATL TBL 7:30 PM EDT Lightning - (5-2-0)

EDM DET 7:30 PM EDT Red Wings - (1-0-2)

NSH STL 8:00 PM EDT Predators - (7-0-0)

CHI MIN 8:00 PM EDT Wild - (2-1-0)

CBJ DAL 8:30 PM EDT Stars - (2-0-0)

PHX COL 9:00 PM EDT Avalanche - (3-0-0)

ANA CGY 9:00 PM EDT Tied (1-1-0)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source

No Matvichuk tonight. Its under the notes section of the article.

MSweet already posted the article in the Hell forum. Give him credit for the find. Sorry.

I don't care about credit... this was a good place to post this info too!

At matvichuk looked painfully slow last game.... Lou looking good with extra defensive insurance right now.

I feel sorry for Klee -- he probably just can't figure on how he got so bad so fast and just when kind of all of his defenseman dreams came true getting on the Devils. I think there must be some attack of nerves that comes to Dmen when they sign on with the team. :unsure: ok or it could be that he just always sucked. I just feel badly for him... he has ZERO vision - he must feel like he's playing with a blindfold on... well from where I sit anyhow -it sure looks like he is!

I just cant beleive I ever thought he'd be a good fit... Don... don don don... when you're right you're right...TskTsk_emoticon.gif

Ok I'm rambling...

Edited by Pepperkorn